Things for which I should have received demerits, but didn't!

I was living in the Prophet's dorm.  My room faced the chapel.  There was a space of several feet between the buildings.  I had a roommate that liked fireworks.  We would light a complete brick of firecrackers and throw it out of the window between the two buildings.  The acoustics were amazing.  :)

If there was one thing I really didn't like at HAC it was that there was no access to a TV to watch normal things normal people did. But I was blessed to have a family on my bus route that would let me come over on any day to hang out and watch TV. btw last I heard this family attends Tom's church.

Mike Tyson was fighting Tyrell Biggs. I loves watching Tyson fight. So on a Friday night I took Rick Burns and Lee Marlow and we watched Tyson destroy Biggs in the first round.

Tennessean said:
If there was one thing I really didn't like at HAC it was that there was no access to a TV to watch normal things normal people did. But I was blessed to have a family on my bus route that would let me come over on any day to hang out and watch TV. btw last I heard this family attends Tom's church.

Mike Tyson was fighting Tyrell Biggs. I loves watching Tyson fight. So on a Friday night I took Rick Burns and Lee Marlow and we watched Tyson destroy Biggs in the first round.

Yep. Still here. He retired and now takes care of our grounds.

...I used to go to hospitals to watch games in the waiting rooms. One time Rick Sparks commended me b/c he saw my car parked at St. Margaret's in Hammond late on a Saturday night. He assumed I had been visiting a family in the hospital. If he only knew...  :D

This one time I took an extra bag of chips in my sack lunch.  :eek:

Are we supposed to include the things that shouldn't have been against the rules?

prophet said:
Are we supposed to include the things that shouldn't have been against the rules?

If it was a rule and you disobeyed it and did not get demerits, yes!

RAIDER said:
prophet said:

Great!, i have much to contribute.

Check the HAC area places thread for one ;)

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
prophet said:

Great!, i have much to contribute.

Check the HAC area places thread for one ;)

Testify, my brother, testify!!

One year I drove a Chrysler Cordoba that had an 8-track player.  Remember the "rich Corinthian leather"?  :)  I had an 8-track tape of Dallas Holm and Praise live.  Of course "I'll Rise Again" was on the tape.  We use to listen to that tape going to and from church.  Of course, we had to be careful to not allow Hackers to ride with us.  It stayed stashed under the seat during the week.

My favorite was the dorm student work-pass violations.

The admin never knew what the midnights guys schedule actually was.

I worked Mon night through Fri night at RPS
my buddies at Overnite worked Sun night as well.
Nobody i knew worked Sat night.
We got passes that included Sat night, and would head out dressed in our nicest jeans and sneakers, to "work".

We would drive up and doen the area highways looking for people who broke down or ran out of gas or needed a DD or whatever.
This was before Hoosier Helpers.
We carried a full set of mechanic tools, a compressor, gas cans, and tracts.
We would end up at Denny's, or better yet, El Ąmigo.
We figured helping people would open up opportunities to share the Gospel.  It did.
It started as a protest against the mistreatment of us by the dininghall.
We would come in after doing extremely physical labor, to find that there was no food for us.  We would have to purchase food, in order to stay awake in Class.
Then, we would get berated in chapel, for buying food off campus.

I stormed into Dr. Evans office about it, it shaped up for a few days, and then returned to the reg. sch. progrąm.

So we realized that we were a different group.

Our ministry meetings were held while we were enroute from work, and we ended up being the only people on campus Sat. Morn.
Then our dorm Sups would kick us out of the building, etc.
I usually hitchhiked to Hammond and just led gang-bangers to the LORD.

Anyway, we, Uncle Jack's Misguided Children, needed something to belong to, so we violated every conceivable rule, and deserved expulsion, i'm sure.

During my junior year I had a roommate from California whose brother was a freshman.  At that time I was driving a Ford Maverick (high class, baby! :))  It had a cassette player and a great stereo system that I had installed.  We listened to a lot of Cathedrals and  Robbie Hiner.  There were also times that we just wanted to Jam!  Christopher Cross was hot during this time.  "Arthur's Theme" was his latest hit.

Long story short, my roommate's brother ended up getting expelled.  One day I went to my HAC mail box and there was a padded envelope from this guy.  I opened it and there was a cassette tape that he had recorded of Christopher Cross.  Written on it was "Christopher Cross for the Maverickmobile!"  Needless to say I stashed it quickly.  I can still hear "...if you get caught between the moon and New York City...." booming over that sound system.  :)

RAIDER said:
One year I drove a Chrysler Cordoba that had an 8-track player.  Remember the "rich Corinthian leather"?  :)  I had an 8-track tape of Dallas Holm and Praise live.  Of course "I'll Rise Again" was on the tape.  We use to listen to that tape going to and from church.  Of course, we had to be careful to not allow Hackers to ride with us.  It stayed stashed under the seat during the week.

I have four older sisters who were in their musical prime in the early 80's. They belted out that one at church on more occasions than I can count. With a soundtrack no less...  :D

I remember eating supper in the cafeteria with my parents and brothers and my mom got up to go get something and my dad did not stand when she did. My mom said, you are going to get demerits, my dads reply, that's a stupid rule besides, I'm married and have four kids there not gonna tell me when to stand up when I am eating.  LOL!!  looking back my dad was a riot, I sure do miss him.   

There was a pew that sat at the top of the balcony on the right hand side of the sound booth.  This pew could fit 2 people, 3 if you packed it in.  I arrived late from my bus route on a Sunday evening.  I was hunting for a place to sit when I noticed it.  My friend and I sat in that pew.  The ceiling was low and you could not stand up.  It was a racker's heaven!  We were so tired and had been cold all day.  We immediately fell asleep and woke up when the invitation started.  There were several other times I tried to get to this pew, but only succeeded a time or two. 

RAIDER said:
There was a pew that sat at the top of the balcony on the right hand side of the sound booth.  This pew could fit 2 people, 3 if you packed it in.  I arrived late from my bus route on a Sunday evening.  I was hunting for a place to sit when I noticed it.  My friend and I sat in that pew.  The ceiling was low and you could not stand up.  It was a racker's heaven!  We were so tired and had been cold all day.  We immediately fell asleep and woke up when the invitation started.  There were several other times I tried to get to this pew, but only succeeded a time or two.

The only better seat in the place was the far corner of the mezzanine above the Bible Club section. You could sleep quite comfortably in the quiet dim of that corner...  :D

Bruh said:
I remember eating supper in the cafeteria with my parents and brothers and my mom got up to go get something and my dad did not stand when she did. My mom said, you are going to get demerits, my dads reply, that's a stupid rule besides, I'm married and have four kids there not gonna tell me when to stand up when I am eating.  LOL!!  looking back my dad was a riot, I sure do miss him. 

He sure was.  I enjoyed hanging out with your dad on the occasions that I had the opportunity.  He even introduced me to the greatest thing in the world for a kid - a pinata!

My dad loaded a whole bunch of Mexican teenagers in the bed of his old black ford truck once for some kind of contest and won.

I regularly had my (male) bus workers over for a home cooked meal on Saturday nights after the bus route. They never turned each other or me in.

RAIDER said:
During my junior year I had a roommate from California whose brother was a freshman.  At that time I was driving a Ford Maverick (high class, baby! :))  It had a cassette player and a great stereo system that I had installed.  We listened to a lot of Cathedrals and  Robbie Hiner.  There were also times that we just wanted to Jam!  Christopher Cross was hot during this time.  "Arthur's Theme" was his latest hit.

Long story short, my roommate's brother ended up getting expelled.  One day I went to my HAC mail box and there was a padded envelope from this guy.  I opened it and there was a cassette tape that he had recorded of Christopher Cross.  Written on it was "Christopher Cross for the Maverickmobile!"  Needless to say I stashed it quickly.  I can still hear "...if you get caught between the moon and New York City...." booming over that sound system.  :)

? Well it's not too far to "Merrillville", at least it's not for me,..?