Things for which I should have received demerits, but didn't!

Tom Brennan said:
RAIDER said:
Tom, you are not helping our numbers!!

Back in the day I was pretty close to Jeff Owens. He trusted me with stuff. My girlfriend and I had pulled an all-nighter at the church in prep for Pastors' School and she was exhausted. I went to him and asked him if there was anywhere quiet she could lay down for a couple of hours. Without a word he handed me a key to a private office at the church with a couch. I took her in there and made her sleep for a while.

...essentially, we were in a locked office for hours alone and no one else had the key. I think that probably broke about a thousand rules, give or take.

You probably weren't the first students to do that,... And definitely not the last,... Although your story is probably different from the others we've all heard about. ?

Bravo said:
You probably weren't the first students to do that,... And definitely not the last,... Although your story is probably different from the others we've all heard about. ?

Her husband walked up to me at Paul Chappell's pastors' school a few years ago and we chatted briefly. It was wonderful to shake his hand and look him in the eye with integrity.

Bravo said:
? Well it's not too far to "Merrillville", at least it's not for me,..?

And if the wind is right you can HAC away

RAIDER said:
Bravo said:

Oh being Campused can do miracles just you wait and see,...

Bravo said:
RAIDER said:
Bravo said:

Oh being Campused can do miracles just you wait and see,...

it's not too far to the South Hallway Desk, reason to pretend

During the Summer, they would shift the dorm guys around, and I ended up in the big room at the end of Malone 1.
This room was very close to the few parking spots that were lined up across from the bus garage.
There were 2 or 3 that weren't reserved, and I could park there, or in the first row of vehicles that was pependicular to the main student parking.
There was a bush concealing the window into M114, which was a basement room, so climbing in and out was relatively quick and easy.

I believe the reward for this act was a meeting with Bro. Hyles, not demerits, so i'm not sure it belongs on this thread, but I never got my meeting

;)

Should have gotten demerits for driving busses at 70+mph.
We chose the busses with no governors and the biggest tanks.  It's like that when you drove to places like Aurora.

16KJV11 said:
We chose the busses with no governors and the biggest tanks.  It's like that when you drove to places like Aurora.
The faster you get there, the faster TRB is outta your ear?

prophet said:
16KJV11 said:
The faster you get there, the faster TRB is outta your ear?
Actually, I don't remember doubling with him.  My first bus captain was John Pentland, (anyone remember him?) I was a worker in Aurora for a year, then I started driving a bus.
Immediately after I started driving, I became a bus captain in Addison, but we often doubled with Steve Wingate who captained in Elgin.
THAT was a loooong ride that I drove many many many a time...
One day after we dropped off Steve's riders in Elgin, as we were making our way back to Addison thru Elgin, I actually kept up with this dude & his girlfriend on a Harley.  At one of the red lights he cussed me out and said:
"I'd never send my kids on a bus where they drive like you!"
Hey, we had to be back on time for night church or else, you know, DEMERITS!

I told the assistant Dean of Women I didn't need her. 

Unless you were a female in the 80's, you don't understand how many demerits that was worth.

RAIDER said:
During my junior year I had a roommate from California whose brother was a freshman.  At that time I was driving a Ford Maverick (high class, baby! :))  It had a cassette player and a great stereo system that I had installed.  We listened to a lot of Cathedrals and  Robbie Hiner.  There were also times that we just wanted to Jam!  Christopher Cross was hot during this time.  "Arthur's Theme" was his latest hit.

Long story short, my roommate's brother ended up getting expelled.  One day I went to my HAC mail box and there was a padded envelope from this guy.  I opened it and there was a cassette tape that he had recorded of Christopher Cross.  Written on it was "Christopher Cross for the Maverickmobile!"  Needless to say I stashed it quickly.  I can still hear "...if you get caught between the moon and New York City...." booming over that sound system.  :)

Christopher Cross "booming" over the stereo? My brother, you have go to get out more.

Norefund said:
RAIDER said:
During my junior year I had a roommate from California whose brother was a freshman.  At that time I was driving a Ford Maverick (high class, baby! :))  It had a cassette player and a great stereo system that I had installed.  We listened to a lot of Cathedrals and  Robbie Hiner.  There were also times that we just wanted to Jam!  Christopher Cross was hot during this time.  "Arthur's Theme" was his latest hit.

Long story short, my roommate's brother ended up getting expelled.  One day I went to my HAC mail box and there was a padded envelope from this guy.  I opened it and there was a cassette tape that he had recorded of Christopher Cross.  Written on it was "Christopher Cross for the Maverickmobile!"  Needless to say I stashed it quickly.  I can still hear "...if you get caught between the moon and New York City...." booming over that sound system.  :)

Christopher Cross "booming" over the stereo? My brother, you have go to get out more.

Hey, Christopher Cross was great in the early '80s.  Nothing like "Ride Like the Wind".

RAIDER said:
Norefund said:
RAIDER said:

Hey, Christopher Cross was great in the early '80s.  Nothing like "Ride Like the Wind".
Ha!  We always considered ChrisCross a sissy when I was in high school. 

You are losing a few man cards for this post. Next you will claim that Barry Manilow RRRAWWWWKSSS!

RAIDER said:
Norefund said:
RAIDER said:

Norefund said:
You are losing a few man cards for this post. Next you will claim that Barry Manilow RRRAWWWWKSSS!

RAIDER said:
Norefund said:
RAIDER said:

Next, he'll be expressing his love for "Air Supply"! ???

Norefund said:

RAIDER said:
Norefund said:
RAIDER said:

When you liked the music of Christopher Cross you were instantly a "ladies' man". :)

RAIDER said:
When you liked the music of Christopher Cross you were instantly a "ladies' man". :)

And who could forget The Bee Gees!!

16KJV11 said:
Norefund said:

RAIDER said:
Norefund said:
RAIDER said:

Next, he'll be expressing his love for "Air Supply"! ???
Don't go there....

I still "Ride the skies in my Sweet Dreams".

RAIDER said:
Norefund said:
RAIDER said:

Did you ever make it to Mexico?

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
Norefund said:
RAIDER said:

Did you ever make it to Mexico?

I've still got such a long way to go.