Thralls

prophet

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I am trying to get info, for a ministry that has been approached by the Thrall kids, grand kids of the Thralls at FBCH.  Anyone know what's going on there?  Their parents seem to be hiding something, and won't let them leave.  They are looking for help.
The ministry needs to know why the parents are giving a dif. story than the kids, before they can get involved.
Anyone on here heard of any thing crazy out of these parents?  They seem wierd. 
I would like to see the kids get help, if they are in trouble, or danger.
Thanks.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Where's maverick when we need him/them?

RUN as fast as you can away from the Thralls!!

Were they after I left in 1983? ..............I've never heard of them.............

Smellin Coffee said:
Where's maverick when we need him/them?

No, no, no, no, NO, Smellin Coffee.  Maverick told me he/she/they were not the Thralls.  I still have the PM on the former FFF if I could actually log in under my own name instead of yours.  :eek:

kaba said:
RUN as fast as you can away from the Thralls!!
Any particular reason?

You do not want to get involved with them. They are known to cause you problems Outside of the forum. They are crazy! People who live in the same town will avoid them!

Hard to avoid Mr. Thrall -- to this day, he sings about every third week at FBC. One day maybe he'll expand his repertoire to more than three or four songs....

myeyesareopen said:
Hard to avoid Mr. Thrall -- to this day, he sings about every third week at FBC. One day maybe he'll expand his repertoire to more than three or four songs....

Maybe that's all the songs the pianist knows???? 

patriotic said:
myeyesareopen said:

"Back at Grange Hall, we used to sing every hymn in the hymnbook to Amazing Grace because that was the only song the pianist knew."

Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:
myeyesareopen said:

"Back at Grange Hall, we used to sing every hymn in the hymnbook to Amazing Grace because that was the only song the pianist knew."

Tried that at a nursing home ministry just for fun and this one old lady gave me the what for.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:
myeyesareopen said:

Tried that at a nursing home ministry just for fun and this one old lady gave me the what for.

Nursing home ministries are great!  I preached my first 20 sermons in a nursing home.  You never know what is going to happen and you definitely can't call down talkers! ;D

Binaca Chugger said:
Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:
myeyesareopen said:

Nursing home ministries are great!  I preached my first 20 sermons in a nursing home.  You never know what is going to happen and you definitely can't call down LOUD talkers! ;D

Fixed it for you.  Not a one of the talkers in those services whispers. 

We had a man who used to walk around the hallways.  He'd come in and sit for a few minutes, stand up and say, "It's gonna blow!" then go out and walk around a little more before returning and repeating the scene. 

Then, don't forget those who only sing the same songs they remember regardless of which one you're leading now.....and that brings us right back to the Thralls...... 

Then, don't forget those who only sing the same songs they remember regardless of which one you're leading now.....and that brings us right back to the Thralls...... 

Way to bring it full circle! ;D

patriotic said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:
myeyesareopen said:

Nursing home ministries are great!  I preached my first 20 sermons in a nursing home.  You never know what is going to happen and you definitely can't call down LOUD talkers! ;D

We had a man who used to walk around the hallways.  He'd come in and sit for a few minutes, stand up and say, "It's gonna blow!" then go out and walk around a little more before returning and repeating the scene. 

then there's  the lady who when you ask for favorites, asks for In the Garden...... right after you finish singing it..... and won't hear of another.....

patriotic said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:
myeyesareopen said:

then there's  the lady who when you ask for favorites, asks for In the Garden...... right after you finish singing it..... and won't hear of another.....
Always!  How come every resident of every nursing home in America knows 1 hymn: In The Garden?

prophet said:
patriotic said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:
myeyesareopen said:

Always!  How come every resident of every nursing home in America knows 1 hymn: In The Garden?

The song speaks to a part of the Christian life in which they can still participate.  They don't want to sing about rescuing the perishing or being on the battlefield for their Lord, but they can still talk with Him in the Garden alone.  Many residents find great help and hope in that garden with God.  In fact, it's really all they can do anymore - but they can do that!

Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:
patriotic said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Binaca Chugger said:
patriotic said:
myeyesareopen said:

The song speaks to a part of the Christian life in which they can still participate.  They don't want to sing about rescuing the perishing or being on the battlefield for their Lord, but they can still talk with Him in the Garden alone.  Many residents find great help and hope in that garden with God.  In fact, it's really all they can do anymore - but they can do that!
A lady that was saved in a nursing home  has been going around witnessing to everyone who comes in.  She has gathered a couple of disciples to train, and they pray for the people, pray for us,  and minister to all in the home.
She actually joined a local Baptist church, and got Baptized, and they pick her up each week for services.
She likes lots of hymns.  :))