Update on First Baptist Church of Hammond

Jrock said:
As far as I know all PCC graduates are Fundamentalist Baptists.

No doubt a large number are, but the Hortons are Presbyterian.  However, PCC does state this:

"The College serves a constituency of churches across America which is primarily independent Baptist. Faculty, staff, and students attend Campus Church, which operates in the spirit of an independent Baptist church in both faith and practice."

So "primarily", not exclusive Baptist.  You'll notice that their "church" "operates in the spirit" of a IFB church.  But of course it is NOT an IFB church.  In fact, it's not close to being a Baptist church as the "church" is totally controlled by the college.  The college calls the pastor and controls the operation of the church.  True Baptist colleges are controlled by the local Baptist church and are a ministry of that church.  Not visa-versa.

IFB X-Files said:
Jrock said:

No doubt a large number are, but the Hortons are Presbyterian.  However, PCC does state this:

"The College serves a constituency of churches across America which is primarily independent Baptist. Faculty, staff, and students attend Campus Church, which operates in the spirit of an independent Baptist church in both faith and practice."

So "primarily", not exclusive Baptist.  You'll notice that their "church" "operates in the spirit" of a IFB church.  But of course it is NOT an IFB church.  In fact, it's not close to being a Baptist church as the "church" is totally controlled by the college.  The college calls the pastor and controls the operation of the church.  True Baptist colleges are controlled by the local Baptist church and are a ministry of that church.  Not visa-versa.

Tell it like it is.

So, is this the reason why Jack Hyles did not like PCC?

Sure, they could not call it an Independent Baptist Assembly as that would be an obvious lie.

Offering update.

7-19-15. 111,667.21

7-12-15.  166,343.39

Budget is about 99k.

As found in weekly news.

Not bad for worst weeks of the summer

What ever happened to Hyles Publications? I now see  Grace to Grow Publications. Any reasons for this change? And who wrote the 3 levels Discipleship course?

Jrock said:
What ever happened to Hyles Publications? I now see  Grace to Grow Publications. Any reasons for this change?

They went out of business due to lack of saleable materials.

Leaving that which is behind us we are moving forward following Jesus and not man.

To God be the glory.

Dave Douglass wrote the discipleship

When did Hyles Publications go out of business? I visited the online store and most of the sermons and books are from Jack Hyles.

Is Dave Douglass a member of the church staff?

Did he graduatefrom Hyles Anderson College? I never heard of him.

I believe he went to HAC.

He took additional post graduate work in pastoral counseling.

He is a compassionate and skillful counselor.

We sure will miss him and his family.

Bgwilkinson wrote:

"We" meaning you and who else?  :-X  :eek:

bgwilkinson said:
IFB X-Files said:
Jrock said:

Tell it like it is.

No IFB college is controlled by the church, they are controlled by the pastor.

bgwilkinson said:
Sure, they could not call it an Independent Baptist Assembly as that would be an obvious lie.

Why is that?

Wouldn't that make them one of the truly IB? They are doing what they think is best not what every other IFB thinks they should be.

brainisengaged said:
Bgwilkinson wrote:

"We" meaning you and who else?  :-X  :eek:

Perhaps I should have said my family will miss him and his family.

Bruh said:
bgwilkinson said:

Why is that?

Wouldn't that make them one of the truly IB? They are doing what they think is best not what every other IFB thinks they should be.

It is my understanding that the College owns the church, if so that is not an independent church.

The real question is could the church congregation vote to sell the property and make it stick.

My understanding is that everything is owned by PCC. I could be wrong though.

Please enlighten me.

bgwilkinson said:
Bruh said:
bgwilkinson said:

Why is that?

It is my understanding that the College owns the church, if so that is not an independent church.

The real question is could the church congregation vote to sell the property and make it stick.

Please enlighten me.

I don't know anything about PCC.

My thinking is that bc they r not like other IB churches doesn't mean they R not IB.

Bruh said:
bgwilkinson said:
Bruh said:
bgwilkinson said:

Why is that?

Please enlighten me.

I don't know anything about PCC.

My thinking is that bc they r not like other IB churches doesn't mean they R not IB.

My only point is that I believe the School owns the church which means it is not and cannot be independent at all.

So by definition they could not be IB at all.

I could be wrong though.