praise_yeshua said:
bgwilkinson said:
Offering update.

7-19-15. 111,667.21

7-12-15.  166,343.39

Budget is about 99k.

As found in weekly news.

Not bad for worst weeks of the summer

I bet you're teaching your members tithing is necessary to please God!

Lies don't equal God's blessings. Creflo got his jet. We all know how that works. You promise endless blessing for giving or punishment for not giving..... you'll get some money. Now dealing with God in Eternity.... not so much.

I guess I'm not finding the harm in BKW posting the giving of FBCH and rejoicing that it is over budget during the summer months. After Schaap's fall many were predicting that FBCH would be closing the doors in a short amount of time.  BKW's post is just being open and honest.

Rejoicing over monies gained through lies.... is the issue. Rejoicing on a renewal of support for a lying church isn't something to rejoice over. If your preach the tithe, you have no business ministering of the Gospel.

A less stinky turd.... is still a turd.

praise_yeshua said:
If your preach the tithe, you have no business ministering of the Gospel.

Surely you jest.  Are you actually saying that a church that believes in tithing should not be sharing the Gospel with the lost?

RAIDER said:
praise_yeshua said:

Surely you jest.  Are you actually saying that a church that believes in tithing should not be sharing the Gospel with the lost?

The Gospel is the entire message/revelation of God to humanity. Yes. When you include the tithe in your message to the NT church, then you have no business proclaiming the Gospel. Have you ever read where Paul said.... "who's mouths must be stopped"????

The message of obedience to tithe....has NO PLACE in the message of the Gospel to those in Christ. No one that is currently tithing is getting the "windows of heaven opened" to them and blessed so much that they can't contain it. God can not lie. If you're not getting the blessing of the tithe, then God wasn't talking to you!!!

Those who pervert the message do not deserve any praise!!!

praise_yeshua said:
RAIDER said:
praise_yeshua said:

The Gospel is the entire message/revelation of God to humanity. Yes. When you include the tithe in your message to the NT church, then you have no business proclaiming the Gospel. Have you ever read where Paul said.... "who's mouths must be stopped"????

The message of obedience to tithe....has NO PLACE in the message of the Gospel to those in Christ. No one that is currently tithing is getting the "windows of heaven opened" to them and blessed so much that they can't contain it. God can not lie. If you're not getting the blessing of the tithe, then God wasn't talking to you!!!

While I can understand your different thoughts on the tithe, I cannot follow your logic that a church that believes in tithing should not share the Gospel with someone on their way to Hell.

RAIDER said:
praise_yeshua said:
bgwilkinson said:
Offering update.

7-19-15. 111,667.21

7-12-15.  166,343.39

Budget is about 99k.

As found in weekly news.

Not bad for worst weeks of the summer

I bet you're teaching your members tithing is necessary to please God!

Lies don't equal God's blessings. Creflo got his jet. We all know how that works. You promise endless blessing for giving or punishment for not giving..... you'll get some money. Now dealing with God in Eternity.... not so much.

I guess I'm not finding the harm in BKW posting the giving of FBCH and rejoicing that it is over budget during the summer months. After Schaap's fall many were predicting that FBCH would be closing the doors in a short amount of time.  BKW's post is just being open and honest.

Agreed.
Don't recall complaints about the reports of offerings and debt after he loon went to jail.

RAIDER said:
praise_yeshua said:
RAIDER said:
praise_yeshua said:

While I can understand your different thoughts on the tithe, I cannot follow your logic that a church that believes in tithing should not share the Gospel with someone on their way to Hell.

The Gospel mixed with anything is not the Gospel. Sure. Let them preach Jesus. Not Jesus and the tithe. The tithe corrupts the message. Did you ever read where Paul refused to preach the church should support him solely because of the fact that people would see this as merchandizing the Gospel?

A Mormon preaches Jesus. Catholics preach Jesus. JW preach Jesus. Don't tell me you accept their message as the Gospel. IFBdom has long pointed at others and refused to address their own mess. The tithe is one of those messes.

IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:
The Gospel mixed with anything is not the Gospel.

I must say I'm confused.  Please give your definition of "the Gospel".

I already have. It is the entire revelation of God to humanity. It's not just John 3:16. The TRUTH of God revealed in Christ Jesus. The first off all things. Read Col 2:9-10 and you'll get the picture.

praise_yeshua said:
IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:

I already have. It is the entire revelation of God to humanity. It's not just John 3:16. The TRUTH of God revealed in Christ Jesus. The first off all things. Read Col 2:9-10 and you'll get the picture.

They are not saying you need to tithe to be born again.

praise_yeshua said:

None of us deserve any praise. Except for you apparently. You have discovered something in the Bible the rest of Christianity has apparently missed throughout these millennia...

IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:
IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:

That's a very broad definition.  I Cor. 15:1-4 is more a definition of the "gospel" than John 3:16.  Although all that God says to believers is "good news".  So if the word "tithe" was replaced with "grace giving" then you'd have no issue.  Would that be correct?

Tithing is a blind doctrine used to control those in Christ. It is not part of the Gospel. Givng is part of the Gospel. Preaching grace giving to store up treasures for others to exploit.. Isn't much more than tithing.

Good news is ultimately Truth. No lie is of the Truth. No lie is of the Gospel The Truth of the Gospel bet he with Christ and extends into all areas of this revelation of God to humanity. There is no separating the Gospel and doctrine.

Tom Brennan said:
praise_yeshua said:

None of us deserve any praise. Except for you apparently. You have discovered something in the Bible the rest of Christianity has apparently missed throughout these millennia...

Elaborate please!

You may need to reread the great commission. Do you remember the part about teaching whatsoever things Jesus taught them?

praise_yeshua said:
IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:
IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:

That's a very broad definition.  I Cor. 15:1-4 is more a definition of the "gospel" than John 3:16.  Although all that God says to believers is "good news".  So if the word "tithe" was replaced with "grace giving" then you'd have no issue.  Would that be correct?
Givng is part of the Gospel. Preaching grace giving to store up treasures for others to exploit.. Isn't much more than tithing.

It appears your real issue is motives and actions of those who have either deceived you and/or hurt you.  I wish you peace in your journey.

IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:
IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:
IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:

Givng is part of the Gospel. Preaching grace giving to store up treasures for others to exploit.. Isn't much more than tithing.

It appears your real issue is motives and actions of those who have either deceived you and/or hurt you.  I wish you peace in your journey.

Good grief. Everyone has been hurt. I don't say what I say out of pain or bitterness. I say it because it is true. We either fellowship in the Truth or we have no fellowship.

praise_yeshua said:
IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:

You are doctrinally illiterate.

praise_yeshua said:
IFB X-Files said:
praise_yeshua said:

This is incorrect.  The Bible itself tells us what the Gospel is in the opening verses of I Cor 15.

Churches do need to preach the whole counsel of God - the entire body of revealed truth, but that is not the gospel.

RAIDER said:
praise_yeshua said:

I would like to see a thread born from this exchange.

Taken to its logical end...

If the teaching of giving ten percent of your income (which was never a def. of tithe, but I digress) plus an "offering" (again misdefined) of some of the other leftovers...now considerably lessened by Uncle Sam, plus the expectation of swearing an oath( faith promise) to give more, leaves you financially unable to practice NT giving (giving to the physical needs of the Saints, if you have extra), then you are horribly misrepresenting The Gospel.

I anxiously await your studied response.

Haklo

This is not an answer to Prophet's post, but when he mentioned giving to the physical needs of the saints, it reminded me of something that has bothered me.  At FBC, we would take special offerings on Wednesday nights, always for another ministry not our own. A church that was damaged by a tornado, we took a love offering. A pastor whose child needed surgery and they had no insurance, we took a love offering.

Those are of course the type of things any good-hearted caring person would want to contribute generously toward. But at the same time, if a member of our own church, FBC, had a home damaged by a tornado or had a child needing surgery not covered by insurance, we did nothing as a church to aid our own. It was reasoned (I was told once by someone) that if we did it for one person, we'd have to do it for all. And I find that logical, for it is true. How would you possibly be able to take up an offering for every need that every member might have? But it was in this area that you could always see the 'hierarchy', so to speak. If you were someone "important", your needs were met. If you were just the lady in the wheelchair that no one knew, well, not so much. That's a shame. Maybe all churches cannot help but operate in this manner. There will always be 'greater' people and 'lesser' people. But we all know we are not supposed to operate in this manner. How can we avoid it?

praise_yeshua said:
Elaborate please!

You may need to reread the great commission. Do you remember the part about teaching whatsoever things Jesus taught them?

Sure do. Don't remember any part about labeling those who preach salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone (and also preach tithing) as heretics. Maybe you're right, though, I better go back and check again. After all, perhaps you have discovered something no one else ever has...

Naw. Don't think so. I'm good.

brainisengaged said:
This is not an answer to Prophet's post, but when he mentioned giving to the physical needs of the saints, it reminded me of something that has bothered me.  At FBC, we would take special offerings on Wednesday nights, always for another ministry not our own. A church that was damaged by a tornado, we took a love offering. A pastor whose child needed surgery and they had no insurance, we took a love offering.

Those are of course the type of things any good-hearted caring person would want to contribute generously toward. But at the same time, if a member of our own church, FBC, had a home damaged by a tornado or had a child needing surgery not covered by insurance, we did nothing as a church to aid our own. It was reasoned (I was told once by someone) that if we did it for one person, we'd have to do it for all. And I find that logical, for it is true. How would you possibly be able to take up an offering for every need that every member might have? But it was in this area that you could always see the 'hierarchy', so to speak. If you were someone "important", your needs were met. If you were just the lady in the wheelchair that no one knew, well, not so much. That's a shame. Maybe all churches cannot help but operate in this manner. There will always be 'greater' people and 'lesser' people. But we all know we are not supposed to operate in this manner. How can we avoid it?
The answer lies in the NT giving, rather than what we IFB practice.

1. We were never supposed to make corporate debt agreements, ie, take out a mortgage.

2. All giving was to care for the needs of the poor in the church, the elders (not elderly, but those with the title of elder),
and bring the journeying evangelist(missionary, etc.) along their way.

3. God puts those with this world's good (rich people) in the church, as a balance to the poor.  The poor aren't supposed to give.

II Corinthians 8:1-21

But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1 John:3:17

It began like this:

And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Acts:2:45

There should be no corporate debt, real estate holdings, recurring bills.  If property is donated, so be it.  But the collection for the Saints, to be distributed by the deacons, described as "waiting tables" is not to be used to purchase property and incur debt.

Of course , if we met in area houses, assbled occasionally in public arenas where persecution is not a problem, and spent most of our time in action, house to house, need to need, we would instinctively understand all of this....it would be our necessary way of life.

Haklo

Tom Brennan said:
praise_yeshua said:
Elaborate please!

Sure do. Don't remember any part about labeling those who preach salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone (and also preach tithing) as heretics. Maybe you're right, though, I better go back and check again. After all, perhaps you have discovered something no one else ever has...

Naw. Don't think so. I'm good.

You're being dishonest. I never said they were heretics. I said they had no business preaching the Gospel.

The Gospel is important. It doesn't included someone purposely lying about God and money to get others to support their ministry. Which is pretty much the reason the tithe is being preached.

How about you Tom? What would your ministry look like if you didn't depend on lying about the tithe?