Vegans: Malnourished, Weak people

Ransom said:
"The OT Scriptures were tampered with," he says again, without an ounce of proof.

Given how well attested the provenance of the Bible is, you would think that Hooper would have no problem citing credible, non-forged ancient manuscripts of the Old Testament without any of the positive commands to eat meat or offer animals as sacrifice.

His utter failure to produce such evidence is in itself proof that he is making his claims up. And he says we are the gullible ones? LOL.

You clearly have a corner on proof.  You might just win an award for blind ignorance.

Hooper said:
You clearly have a corner on proof.  You might just win an award for blind ignorance.

Since you have set the standard that proof is not required for your claims, I have decided I have no need to provide proof for mine.

You are deserving of mockery, and henceforth that is what you shall receive.

Hooper said:
ALAYMAN said:
Hooper said:
The OT scriptures were tampered with. 

To have ANY credibility at all you can't just make statements by fiat like this.  Do you have any evidence that the OT Scriptures were "tampered with" in some conspiratorial manner regarding animal sacrifice?  If so, offer it up.

No, I don't need to give you any proof.

And if I wasn't already convinced that you are a troll, that would have settled the matter right there.

As Bugs Bunny would say....

smeIh6q.jpg

:)

Ransom said:
Hooper said:

Since you have set the standard that proof is not required for your claims, I have decided I have no need to provide proof for mine.

You are deserving of mockery, and henceforth that is what you shall receive.

Wait what? You have given zero proof of your bible perfection since I came here. Its you who began the pattern not me. I gave examples from scripture of the fact that many godly men did not eat meat. You have no more ground to stand on than I do. I am however more honest than you. I admit when the scriptures contained in the bible don't match up with Gods perfection. You on the other hand are all to happy to allow tradition to paint God as an evil doer. Its you who should be mocked. You are a weak and trite little man who seems to live for being a forum moderator of a 20 person forum. Ill not mock though. I will however ignore all your inane posts.

Hooper said:
Wait what? You have given zero proof of your bible perfection since I came here.

It's not "mine," troll.

Its you who began the pattern not me.

No, troll, you set the pattern for your own interaction here.

Hooper said:
Id like to answer questions in a way that is polite and Christ like and not contentious.

As I said before, troll, don't offer to answer questions, then whine because people are asking you questions.

Have you answered any of my questions, troll? Nope, without offering evidence to back them up, your assertions are worthless. You have failed.

Have you been polite? Not especially. You are twice a failure.

Have you been not contentious? Not even close. You are three times a failure, troll.

I gave examples from scripture of the fact that many godly men did not eat meat.

You were refuted with counter-examples that you handwaved away as "pagan" without proof, troll.

You have no more ground to stand on than I do.

I have the infallible Holy Scripture, troll. It is no concern of mine that you choose to ignore that which you do not believe. That's between you and the One who authored it and who will judge you for it.

I am however more honest than you.

If not for all the lying, anyway.

I admit when the scriptures contained in the bible don't match up with Gods perfection.

Troll, cutting away the Scripture that you disbelieve and disobey is not an "admission." The evidence before us on this forum is that you do so both willfully and without hesitation whenever your opinions are challenged by the Bible.

You on the other hand are all to happy to allow tradition to paint God as an evil doer.

Holy Scripture is not a "tradition," troll.

Its you who should be mocked. You are a weak and trite little man who seems to live for being a forum moderator of a 20 person forum. Ill not mock though. I will however ignore all your inane posts.

I will not be ignoring your posts, troll. In fact I will continue to address your lies and refute them with the Holy Scripture that you hate and reject.

But thank you for giving me the last word. I will make use of it.

Hooper said:
brianb said:
T-Bone said:
Hooper said:
T-Bone said:
Hooper said:
FSSL said:
There is nothing spiritual or scriptural about not eating protein found in meat...

12 ?I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ?At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.? ?
13 That evening quail came and covered the camp, and in the morning there was a layer of dew around the camp. 14 When the dew was gone, thin flakes like frost on the ground appeared on the desert floor. 15 When the Israelites saw it, they said to each other, ?What is it?? For they did not know what it was. Exodus 16:11

Weak physically and spiritually.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/woman-proves-vegans-can-die-mt-everest/

http://antipas.net/14faq.htmP
So John the Baptist and Christ are weak?

Love for you to show us where you get this information.

Isaiah 7:15
Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

Matthew 3:4
And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

The "locust" was the bean from the locust tree, not grasshoppers.

Says you that the locust was a bean rather than a grasshopper...pretty convenient even if it is not faithful to the language used in the Scripture. And your quote of Isaiah 7:15 proves nothing about whether or not Jesus at meat.  But nice try.

Most modern scholars accept that it means locusts and not locust beans. It wasn't unusual to eat locusts then and there either. In the middle east they are a delicacy. Locusts are also a more complete food than just locust beans - they contain iodine,  phosphorus, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and 50-60 % of their body weight is protein. There are also traces of calcium, magnesium and selenium. He would have lived well on them having the energy to do what he did.

This is what carob locust beans have
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/generic-carob-locust-bean-gum-618913035?v2=false

You'd be better off eating baby cookies than that.

Isn't butter from an animal? Apu from the Simpsons wouldn't be happy about that.

Hooper said:
Ransom said:
Hooper said:
There are other stories also in the Bible like Shadrach Meshach and Abendnego.  They ate Pulse over the Kings meat and were healthier because of it.

God blessed them with health because of their faithfulness in refusing to assimilate, not because of their dietary choice. You lie again.

Wrong dead flesh eater. The point was that they ate pulse and not some other "godly" meat. They were healthier eating the food God designed them for. Your to addicted to eating meat to see it.
"you're too..."

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Hooper said:
T-Bone said:
Hooper said:
T-Bone said:
Hooper said:
T-Bone said:
Hooper said:
T-Bone said:
The Passover Meal was not vegan, and Jesus ate it with His disciples. He cooked and ate fish with His disciples. It is just silly to proclaim Jesus was vegan.

Christ ate bread and never ate an ounce of meat. Judaism was/is a pagan godless religion.

Again, you have no biblical evidence or any other evidence for this statement...only your own inane presupposition.

No different than you. You presume a great many things too. Yet my presumption is back by those that are fit and healthy. Your camp is choked full of over weight, and very unhealthy people. Theses are verifiable facts. Are Gods people so mentally weak that they won't give up something that is clearly making them sick?

Watch the movie "What the Health" for more info.

Already shown you that your statement is false concerning "my camp"...already showed you that biblically you have no leg to stand on.  You want to be vegan, good for you, but you have no evidence to declare the same about Jesus, as a matter of fact just the opposite of what you say is clear in the Scripture.

You have not disapproved that my verses are not saying  what I say they are saying  only that they are not conclusive. There are other stories also in the Bible like Shadrach Meshach and Abendnego.  They ate Pulse over the Kings meat and were healthier because of it.

Yes they did...because the meat the king offered them was unclean, both in what he offered them and in how it was prepared...and it would cause them to be disobedient to the Lord to compromise in eating it.  You again prove nothing concerning being vegan...hey, but keep moving the goal post and you may find something. Hey how about just quoting Gandhi?

You can keep trusting your "perfect" scripture if that's what makes you feel better. You can't prove anything in them is true or false because you refuse to allow the Spirit to guide you. God made man to eat vegetables and fruit.  To eat meat will result in poor health. Your no exception. Lots of skinny people have heart attacks. The studies show a 50% reduction in those that go vegetarian and 75% for those who go vegan. Its a fact that meat will cause an early death  and a myriad of other health problems but you just keep eating it. I'm sure God hands out brownie points for those with blind "obedience".
Don't you ever refer to Scripture again, then, you Hypocrite!!!

FSSL said:
There is nothing spiritual or scriptural about not eating protein found in meat...

12 ?I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ?At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.? ?
13 That evening quail came and covered the camp, and in the morning there was a layer of dew around the camp. 14 When the dew was gone, thin flakes like frost on the ground appeared on the desert floor. 15 When the Israelites saw it, they said to each other, ?What is it?? For they did not know what it was. Exodus 16:11

I agree that there is nothing spiritually wrong with eating mean.    HOWEVER!  There is also nothing spiritually wrong with choosing NOT to eat meat.  And it is a very big misconception that you have to eat meat to get protein.  Most vegetables (like broccoli for example) have pound for pound more protein in them than beef.    Beans also carry much more protein pound for pound than some meats.  And from a health standpoint....most red meats and pork are devastating to the body.      All that being said....I eat meat....a lot...and I don't believe eating any meat to be sinful or unspiritual.  But I believe it would be a stretch to say that NOT eating meat is in anyway sinful.

Hooper said:
Tim said:
Hooper said:
T-Bone said:
The Passover Meal was not vegan, and Jesus ate it with His disciples. He cooked and ate fish with His disciples. It is just silly to proclaim Jesus was vegan.

Christ ate bread and never ate an ounce of meat.

If this is true, please explain Luke 22:8 where we read: So Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, ?Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat it.?

I assume the WE included Jesus.

Also. In Acts 10 we read where Peter became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. And there came a voice to him: ?Rise, Peter; kill and eat.? But Peter said, ?By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.? And the voice came to him again a second time, ?What God has made clean, do not call common.? This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.

Seems odd to offer meat if the example Jesus lived was vegan.

Also. Curious. Do you believe all of the shed Blood of Jesus disappeared from earth when he died on the cross, got transported into heaven, and that the Blood of Jesus wasn't human blood? You remind me of someone.

The true Passover meal was just bread, which was all Christ ate.

The blood of Christ is not needed for salvation. Nor was His death what saves us. But His teaching.  It is our adherence to that teaching that saves or denies us from eternal life.
^^^ its official....hoopy is a loon....

Hooper said:
HeDied4U said:
Tim said:
Hooper said:
Tim said:
Hooper said:
T-Bone said:

Christ ate bread and never ate an ounce of meat.

If this is true, please explain Luke 22:8 where we read: So Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, ?Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat it.?

I assume the WE included Jesus.

Also. In Acts 10 we read where Peter became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. And there came a voice to him: ?Rise, Peter; kill and eat.? But Peter said, ?By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.? And the voice came to him again a second time, ?What God has made clean, do not call common.? This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.

Seems odd to offer meat if the example Jesus lived was vegan.

Also. Curious. Do you believe all of the shed Blood of Jesus disappeared from earth when he died on the cross, got transported into heaven, and that the Blood of Jesus wasn't human blood? You remind me of someone.

The true Passover meal was just bread, which was all Christ ate.

The blood of Christ is not needed for salvation. Nor was His death what saves us. But His teaching.  It is our adherence to that teaching that saves or denies us from eternal life.

Seriously? You believe his teaching saves us? So you don't even value his blood at all? And what do you do with passages such as ...

"... you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot." Peter 1:18-19

He obviously ignores such verses.

The OT scriptures were tampered with.  Animal sacrificing was added. Christ came with the true gospel and was murdered for it. The Pharisees used Paul to attempt to derail the true gospel by creating a false one based on obtaining secret knowledge. No different than the philosophy of the Freemasons. The entire system of sacrificing something innocent is based in pagan rituals. All of you less Smellin are completely deceived.
OMG!!!!! lol  this guy!!    so.....if scripture does not fit what you believe.....you call it either pagan....or tampered with.    so you were around a thousand years ago and you know what the pre-tampered with scriptures said?    cuz....what you have going on is that you hate the truth..and you are trying to justify your own personal feelings by saying that the bible has simply been messed up and God agrees with everything you agree with....WRONG!!!  but here is a tip for ya bro...you don't HAVE to personally agree with everything God says (because we are humans and FAR from perfect)....but you just have to acknowledge the fact that HE DID SAY IT....and that HE IS RIGHT....and that YOU ARE WRONG.....

Bo said:
I agree that there is nothing spiritually wrong with eating mean.    HOWEVER!  There is also nothing spiritually wrong with choosing NOT to eat meat.  And it is a very big misconception that you have to eat meat to get protein.  Most vegetables (like broccoli for example) have pound for pound more protein in them than beef.

Broccoli has about 2.8 grams of protein per 100g. That is roughly 1/10 the protein found in beef.

Beans also carry much more protein pound for pound than some meats.

Some beans. Kidney beans and soybeans have a protein content comparable to beef. Other varieties (lima beans, chick peas, pinto beans, etc.), while by no means lacking protein, are not as high in it.

I am on a very successful diet which includes steak, chicken... AND even white potatoes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bo said:
FSSL said:

I agree that there is nothing spiritually wrong with eating mean.    HOWEVER!  There is also nothing spiritually wrong with choosing NOT to eat meat.  And it is a very big misconception that you have to eat meat to get protein.  Most vegetables (like broccoli for example) have pound for pound more protein in them than beef.    Beans also carry much more protein pound for pound than some meats.  And from a health standpoint....most red meats and pork are devastating to the body.      All that being said....I eat meat....a lot...and I don't believe eating any meat to be sinful or unspiritual.  But I believe it would be a stretch to say that NOT eating meat is in anyway sinful.
Meats are not "devastating to the body", unless that body has a disorder.

Ransom said:
Bo said:
I agree that there is nothing spiritually wrong with eating mean.    HOWEVER!  There is also nothing spiritually wrong with choosing NOT to eat meat.  And it is a very big misconception that you have to eat meat to get protein.  Most vegetables (like broccoli for example) have pound for pound more protein in them than beef.

Broccoli has about 2.8 grams of protein per 100g. That is roughly 1/10 the protein found in beef.

Beans also carry much more protein pound for pound than some meats.

Some beans. Kidney beans and soybeans have a protein content comparable to beef. Other varieties (lima beans, chick peas, pinto beans, etc.), while by no means lacking protein, are not as high in it.
And soy, unfermented, is poisonous to humans...especially male humans.

prophet said:

Nonsense. A number of soy products are unfermented and perfectly safe to eat: tofu and edamame, to name two.

Ransom said:
prophet said:

Nonsense. A number of soy products are unfermented and perfectly safe to eat: tofu and edamame, to name two.
Sure.