Vivek Ramaswamy -Could you vote for a Hindu?

Bob Jones V

Elect
Reaction score
He made a splash last night.

Definitely won the debate without the Don being there.

Could you vote for him?

Al Mohler said on today’s The Briefing podcast that Vivek was the biggest flop of all last night.

I like much of what he stands for (and partially disagree with Mohlers analysis), but too early to tell whether I could vote for him. Lack of political experience was one of Obama’s main platform issues (among many other ideological policy problems), and I think Vivek is a bit too green.

According to the independents watching, Nikki won. Ultimately, that’s the only voting bloc that matters.

According to the independents watching, Nikki won. Ultimately, that’s the only voting bloc that matters.
I have a Nikki Haley coffee cup and Nikki Haley Baseball cap. Both sitting right here.

1692882872395.png

Last edited:
There is not a religious test for this office, or don't you earthlings know your own Constitution?

However, the Constitution also requires one to be a "natural-born" US citizen. I believe this earthling is a naturalized citizen via the 14th Amendment. His parents were immigrants, not US citizens when he was born.

Or does your Constitution mean nothing anymore?

There is not a religious test for this office, or don't you earthlings know your own Constitution?

However, the Constitution also requires one to be a "natural-born" US citizen. I believe this earthling is a naturalized citizen via the 14th Amendment. His parents were immigrants, not US citizens when he was born.

He was born here.

He made a splash last night.

Definitely won the debate without the Don being there.

Could you vote for him?
I've heard some of his stuff which sounds good but I don't see much in him beyond his talking points.

'Course, I'd vote however I have to to vote against Biden.

Last edited:
I've heard some of his stuff which sounds good but I don't see much in him beyond his talking points.

'Course, I'd vote however I have to to vote against Biden.
That is my opinion. My favorite is definitely Haley.

I was treasurer for a man who ran for the US House of Representatives in 2016, and saw behind the curtain of Republican politics. I saw the total corruption of the process, most of the people, and many of the leading financial supporters. There is NONE who are not in it for Money and Power. NONE. Since then I have become disillusioned with Trump, and started following Nikki Haley. I think she would be our best bet. But she will have to beat Trump for the Republican Nomination, and I think that will be extremely hard.

Do you?

The "no religious test" clause protects candidates for office from the government imposing religious requirements on them. It doesn't protect them from the voters. It's none of the government's business why the people vote the way they do.

Citizens are either natural or naturalized: either they are born citizens, or they become citizens later. Ramaswamy was born in Ohio, so he's a natural citizen, not a naturalized one.

Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal were also born on American soil to immigrant parents. The eligibility of both were legally challenged in 2015, and both challenges failed: they were born in the U.S., therefore natural citizens. Ramaswamy's citizenship is no different than theirs.

You don't seem particularly able to explain what it means.

The same way I didn’t vote for a pastor when I held my nose and voted for Trump, I wouldn’t make his Hindu religious affiliation necessarily a heavy factor IF I was otherwise inclined towards supporting him in the primaries.

i do not want to vote for a hindu.... or anyone raised as one... regardless of what they later converted into.... unless he or she is the republican nominee and there is no other choice..... hindus are too inconsistent ... (lazy might be a better term)..... and they don;t finish the jobs they started..... they talk big but they neglect their first assignment and let it fail... (or bail out of it).... then try to make a comeback as if nobody remembers.... lucky for the ones running for office or campaigning for a bureaucratic post this season, most americans don;t rmember.... .

Citizens are either natural or naturalized: either they are born citizens, or they become citizens later. Ramaswamy was born in Ohio, so he's a natural citizen, not a naturalized one.
You’re mostly correct, though not fully (unless I’m misunderstanding you). Jus sanguinis (law or right of blood) grants those born (and even raised) in other countries the right to American citizenship provided that at least one parent is an American citizen.

You’re mostly correct, though not fully (unless I’m misunderstanding you). Jus sanguinis (law or right of blood) grants those born (and even raised) in other countries the right to American citizenship provided that at least one parent is an American citizen.

I was just simplifying. Ted Cruz's eligibility was also challenged in 2015, but the courts said he, too, was born a U.S. citizen, and hence eligible.

The "natural-born" issue has been discussed here before in somewhat more detail.

Last edited:
Lots of people voted for a serial adulterer.

Bill Clinton;
Nah, probably was referring to rapist Grover Cleveland, or serial adulterer Jimmy Carter…

Quoting Matthew 5:27-28, Carter explained that Jesus Christ considered an offending thought equivalent to consummated adultery, and by that standard, he was in no position to judge a man who “shacks up” and “screws lots of women,” because he had “looked on many women with lust” and, thus, “committed adultery many times in my heart.”

Link

Jimmy Carter already had drawn months of media scrutiny as a devout Southern Baptist running for president. Then the 1976 Democratic nominee brought up sex and sin as he explained his religious faith to Playboy magazine.
I have a hard time understanding why a "Devout Southern Baptist" would rely on a publication such as Playboy to accurately explain his point of view.

I have a hard time understanding why a "Devout Southern Baptist" would rely on a publication such as Playboy to accurately explain his point of view.

Well, in the political sense, I’m guessing he was searching for a wider demographic and relevance. From a evangelical standpoint, I totally agree with you though.