What are you listening to right now?

The past couple of days I have been going back to my "classical" roots and listening to Johann Pachelbel...Love this kind of music, especially at this time of year...
i love classical music, and pachelbels canon is one of my favorites too..... i have many different versions of it saved.... one my favorites is a solo classical guitar version that is played a little slower than most others... ...did you know that that eternal flame by the bangles was inspired by pachelbels canon?.... ..being a musician and from a musical background you probably did know that.... .... the only thing i have in the way of music background or talent either one is singing... i fill in sometimes to sing with a special music ensemble in church.... the kind that is heard from a gallery above the sanctuary but never seen.... the way i like it... :cool:..

i love classical music, and pachelbels canon is one of my favorites too..... i have many different versions of it saved.... one my favorites is a solo classical guitar version that is played a little slower than most others... ...did you know that that eternal flame by the bangles was inspired by pachelbels canon?.... ..being a musician and from a musical background you probably did know that.... .... the only thing i have in the way of music background or talent either one is singing... i fill in sometimes to sing with a special music ensemble in church.... the kind that is heard from a gallery above the sanctuary but never seen.... the way i like it... :cool:..
When I was in my late teens, I used to sing with my business partner in bars in the area in which we lived. I composed country, rock, classical, and jazz music at that time. I also composed several hymns and CCM songs. I started playing the piano "by ear" when I was 9 years old,, had my first lessons when I was 12, but was already an accomplished musician by that time. I played the guitar for a while, but eventually stopped when I had to sell my guitar for grocery money. I've played the piano for church services, special music, offertories, etc, up until about 15 years ago. I miss playing but haven't been able to play since we have a church pianist. I'm related to several musicians and was friends with many such as Dan Fogelberg, Johnny Cash, Steve Earle, and James Brown. I also know many Christian singer/songwriters...and of course, my little brother who is an entertainer in Cincinnatti OH.

that;s an impressive amount of experience with both performing and creating music... ..mine is much more limited... it all started when my natural sister brought me here and got me into a childrens choir at church... mostly as a way of keeping me busy if not distracted.... but i stayed with it... it was a very old school catholic church so most of the music was classics.. ..very little of it modern... ........ .........i use to post a lot of music videos on the previous fff and also a lot of them here years ago.... i think "ecclectic" was the word others here used to describe my music tastes.. .....but the truth is i have as many types of music i can;t tolerate as a i do that i love... and can;t even listen to the types i love if it isn;t performed correctly.... ... i know that;s kinda strange for a non-musician.. .... i am almost always listening to something when at home.... through noise cancelling head phones.... and it;s usually ambient or something similar to ambient... even reworked soundtracks.... played on continuous loop..... ..many of them are things like this......

Love this song...Dan came into an In-And-Out convenience store I was working in December 1980 or January 1981 and spent some time talking to me about this song. On several occasions when we spoke, he proved that he was very open about things. I miss his music and am sorry that he's gone.

so.... one night... a couple of cowboys.. with an ear for music.... were sitting around the campfire talking
about a concert they had just been to in the city..... ..one picked up a guitar and the other a harmonica
... ...and the rest was history.... ....:)

no...... that;s not what really happened with this musical arrangement.... ... but it sounds good....;)

This has been my "rock and roll" week for some reason...I'm usually quite eclectic all week, but this week has been mostly stuck on old rock! :)
Don't Stop Believing...Journey!

forgot to add.... i love journey ....it was all over the radio when i first moved here... .i think
i have 3 copies of that cd around here somewhere... ...probably on the over stuffed
book shelf where all the cds and even old records are......

i;m sure you remember this one... ....i wasn;t even born yet when this came out... ...
but i grew up with someone who could have used it as a personal theme song......

Last edited:
@aleshanee I know that song very well! It was my life's anthem back when I was younger, sorry to say.

yeah.... i would have to be really careful putting that in my headphone mix to do
house work and cooking to... i can get carried away depending on whats blasting
into my ears through those things.... mostly coz it will on continual loop....

this one is actually more my style.... based on a blue oyster cult classic.... i like
well done remixes of old songs.... as long as they really are well done... but oddly
enough i know a lot of original blue oyster cult fans who hate this.....

right now i;m listening to something that sounds exactly like this..... except
a whole lot louder.... normally being up on the 39th floor we don;t even hear
the rain even when it falls heavy.... unless it gets blown in and hits our lanai....
well.... our apartment faces south... and we are a having a major storm front
that is blowing from the south, right into the windows and onto the lanai...all
the steel storm shutters are rolled down except for the lanai itself... coz it
actually has just enough space between where the rain is hitting and the glass
door starts so it can;t blow under the door... ....... .but anyway..... it;s actually
kinda cool.... in more ways than one.... thunder and lighting is rare is hawaii...
but not rare today...⛈️

This has been my "rock and roll" week for some reason...I'm usually quite eclectic all week, but this week has been mostly stuck on old rock! :)
Don't Stop Believing...Journey!
Journey is my favorite band, and I love that song, but they're early stuff when they were more influenced by Santana is more edgy and suits my groove better than their latter stuff. Loving Touching Squeezing is probably the ultimate cheating song.