What are you listening to right now?

"Not What My Hands" By Aaron Keyes

This song has helped me in the past few years to see God's goodness and my own vileness and regularly sing/pray that GodGod's goodness would come to the forefront of my life and my own tendency to pride and self righteousness would be purged.

My sister just gave me a copy of Christine Dente's newest album, Voyage. It's inspired by selections from The Valley of Vision, the book of Puritan prayers. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a sample on YouTube, but you can hear the first track, "Voyage," on Christine Dente's Web site.

Musically, it's a sort of ambient, sometimes jazzy, electronic pop. Admittedly, I'm a sucker for a sweet female vocalist backed by electronica. Throw some solid theology into the mix, and I'm in heaven.

(If, like me, you listened to a lot of CCM in the 90s, you might remember Scott and Christine Dente as the band Out of the Grey.  Since then they've started to pursue other interests, such as raising a family, but every so often they still manage to record an album in Christine's name.)

Citipointe Live: Heavenly Light
Absolutely amazing song