What are you listening to right now?

The Real Bob. said:
Izdaari said:
Well, going to have the skip the classic rap. Inappropriate language and stuff.

How 'bout some Christian rap instead?

Lecrae - "Go Hard" Feat Tedashii (Official Video) [HQ]

I don't mind Christain Rap. One of my favoire CDs is rap.  Its the vile garbage that most heavy metal bands call songs that I don't need my mind filled with.

Sorry for ending a sentence with a preposition.
Yeah, ok. I can understand that. Some Metallica songs, and that one in particular, have some fairly... ominous... lyrics.

Izdaari said:
The Real Bob. said:
Izdaari said:

I don't mind Christain Rap. One of my favoire CDs is rap.  Its the vile garbage that most heavy metal bands call songs that I don't need my mind filled with.

Yeah, ok. I can understand that. Some Metallica songs, and that one in particular, have some fairly... ominous... lyrics.

I listened to heavy metal in the 80's 90's and then a lot of rap since the 80's and much of what they speak of is never going to have any positive impact on my soul.

the music.....thats one thing.

the lyrics.  That is the point of the song, to get the message to your mind.  I won't even try to share the songs that come to mind. Just think Eminem.

Unfortunately I had a short stint playing in a heavy metal band. It was always about the music with me. I couldn't understand the lyrics anyway. I was into Lamb of God, Pantera, Ozzy, Children of Bodom, and Dragonforce. The bands where the guys knew how to shred. Was also real big into the hair bands back in the day. And also Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.

Bro Blue said:
Unfortunately I had a short stint playing in a heavy metal band. It was always about the music with me. I couldn't understand the lyrics anyway. I was into Lamb of God, Pantera, Ozzy, Children of Bodom, and Dragonforce. The bands where the guys knew how to shred. Was also real big into the hair bands back in the day. And also Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.

Why unfortunately?

Good stuff!  ;D

The Real Bob. said:
Izdaari said:
The Real Bob. said:
Izdaari said:

I listened to heavy metal in the 80's 90's and then a lot of rap since the 80's and much of what they speak of is never going to have any positive impact on my soul.

the lyrics.  That is the point of the song, to get the message to your mind.  I won't even try to share the songs that come to mind. Just think Eminem.

With rap, the lyrics are the point. With metal, not so much. A lot of metalheads are like Bro Blue. Lyrics? Can't understand 'em anyway. Some of the bands just write gibberish that works with their tunes.

Eminem is a very talented songwriter, but I sure wouldn't want to live in his head. He's a sad, sick puppy.

The screaming did have to fit the music though. ;). I've always been an instrumentalist, so words don't stick much. The music speaks to me. Unfortunately because the genre has bad connotations. Lot of bad things associated with it. Doesn't seem to Christ honoring.

Bro Blue said:
The screaming did have to fit the music though. ;). I've always been an instrumentalist, so words don't stick much. The music speaks to me. Unfortunately because the genre has bad connotations. Lot of bad things associated with it. Doesn't seem to Christ honoring.

Understood. And Christian metal? Is that an oxymoron?

Bro Blue said:
Christian metal...isn't that an oxymoron?

Well, I don't think it is. You know how good some of the music can be. Christian lyrics can work with metal as well as any other lyrics can. Some people only listen to metal. If nobody writes Christian lyrics for them, where are they going to hear it?

"Good" being relative. I really can't imagine Jesus head banging or getting His thrills in a mosh pit.

what am i listening to right now? my hubby snoring. sounds like a freight train going thru our room.

other than that, i just have k-love running in the background.

KrisC60803 said:
what am i listening to right now? my hubby snoring. sounds like a freight train going thru our room.

other than that, i just have k-love running in the background.

Not cool  :mad:

Izdaari said:
The Real Bob. said:
Izdaari said:
The Real Bob. said:
Izdaari said:

With rap, the lyrics are the point. With metal, not so much. A lot of metalheads are like Bro Blue. Lyrics? Can't understand 'em anyway. Some of the bands just write gibberish that works with their tunes.

Eminem is a very talented songwriter, but I sure wouldn't want to live in his head. He's a sad, sick puppy.

Talented, yes. Someone who should be listened to? No. He is perverted, sick, twisted and an agent of demons.  He should be avoided. My soul gets enough crap in the world as it is without me allowing his garbage to stream into my brain.