What are you listening to right now?

thekidsmom said:
FortBuilder 8.25 said:
Wow, Bobby, you excel at the Calvinistic ability to avoid personal responsibility for the crap in your life. Ha! You're hilarious, just like your theology and the fact you think you have any credibility.
Whether the Christian Faith or filling prescriptions, you're a loser.
:-D
While I might agree with part of your assessment, I have to take exception to the idea that those who hold to the Doctrines of Grace "excel at avoiding personal responsibility"....

What are the "Doctrines of Grace?" If you mean Calvinism, it seems to me that particular system does indeed deny personal responsibility - it's all pre-ordained, therefore it doesn't matter what I do, after all it's already been fated to be, yes?

I ask because I am not a Calvinist, nor am I that other form of Calvinism promoted by Jacobus Arminius.

IMO, Calvinism has as it's basis the idea that mankind's logic is the final arbiter of what Scripture means, instead of an acceptance that we frail and finite humans can never, this side of the tombstone, fully understand, comprehend, or harmonize all that Scripture teaches. Calvinism/Arminianism denies swaths of Sacred Scripture because it doesn't fit into a nice, tidy package.

It makes sense, Jean Calvin was a from a legal, not a churchly background, ergo he idolized logic instead of just accepting that because Scripture is so much more immense that we can comprehend we won't be able to tidy it into a single box.

Again, just my take on the matter. I count as brothers and sisters in Christ all that are saved, and it doesn't matter to me whether they're Orthodox, Calvinist or Arminian.

FortBuilder 8.25 said:
thekidsmom said:
FortBuilder 8.25 said:
Wow, Bobby, you excel at the Calvinistic ability to avoid personal responsibility for the crap in your life. Ha! You're hilarious, just like your theology and the fact you think you have any credibility.
While I might agree with part of your assessment, I have to take exception to the idea that those who hold to the Doctrines of Grace "excel at avoiding personal responsibility"....

What are the "Doctrines of Grace?" If you mean Calvinism, it seems to me that particular system does indeed deny personal responsibility - it's all pre-ordained, therefore it doesn't matter what I do, after all it's already been fated to be, yes?

I ask because I am not a Calvinist, nor am I that other form of Calvinism promoted by Jacobus Arminius.

IMO, Calvinism has as it's basis the idea that mankind's logic is the final arbiter of what Scripture means, instead of an acceptance that we frail and finite humans can never, this side of the tombstone, fully understand, comprehend, or harmonize all that Scripture teaches. Calvinism/Arminianism denies swaths of Sacred Scripture because it doesn't fit into a nice, tidy package.

It makes sense, Jean Calvin was a from a legal, not a churchly background, ergo he idolized logic instead of just accepting that because Scripture is so much more immense that we can comprehend we won't be able to tidy it into a single box.

Again, just my take on the matter. I count as brothers and sisters in Christ all that are saved, and it doesn't matter to me whether they're Orthodox, Calvinist or Arminian.

Agreed! Calvin had a prickles vs. goo imbalance.

Prickles & Goo: Alan Watts Trey Parker Matt Stone South Park

Ambrosia-How Much I Feel

FortBuilder 8.25 said:

Bobby needs more Calvinsm in his life, not less.

Also, stop arguing in this trhead.

Brad Paisley - Remind Me (Duet With Carrie Underwood)

I was trying to embed a video in the above video. Obviously it didn't work.

• Snow by Spock's Beard
  • Double, Double You by Kenny Wheeler
  • Get Happy by Ella Fitzgerald

Violet- you are posting some nice songs! 
I confess, I have no idea how to add a song or a photo.