What are you now?

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
When we attended HAC I believe that most of us would have considered ourselves an IFB.  With what church affiliation would you identify now? 

I am a "Religious Misfit whom God loves".  :)

Independent, Bible Believing Baptist.  I dropped the "Fundamentalist" years ago.  I describe us as an "Old Fashioned Baptist Church that Love's the Lord and Love's other people...and we have a great time doing it!"

I left the NADD a long time ago.  I have yet to find a denomination in which I fit.  I am Baptist, but unaffiliated, yet not IFB because of the NADD.

Binaca Chugger said:
I left the NADD a long time ago.  I have yet to find a denomination in which I fit.  I am Baptist, but unaffiliated, yet not IFB because of the NADD.

What "kind" of a church do you attend?

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Formal Traditional, worship oriented, teaching

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

A non-denominational church???

cpizzle said:
Independent, Bible Believing Baptist.  I dropped the "Fundamentalist" years ago.  I describe us as an "Old Fashioned Baptist Church that Love's the Lord and Love's other people...and we have a great time doing it!"

Sure. If only John would have lived long enough to start it.... :)

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

I haven't seen a non-denom that fits that bill.  I already said I am Baptist.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

So you are attending a Baptist church?

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

That's what the profile reads.  Why so curious?  Just PM me if you really want to know.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

That's what the profile reads.  Why so curious?  Just PM me if you really want to know.

Your posts had me confused.  It seems like you were saying you are Baptist but you were describing going to a church that seemed non-denominational.  I guess you are a non-IFB who attends a Baptist church.

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Your posts had me confused.  It seems like you were saying you are Baptist but you were describing going to a church that seemed non-denominational.  I guess you are a non-IFB who attends a Baptist church.
Whatever works.  I am not really into labels anymore.  I have met alot of IFB, SBC, GARB, Homechurch and others who are dedicated Christians and many on the same groups who are not.  Like I said,  I haven't really found a group where I fit.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Whatever works.  I am not really into labels anymore.  I have met alot of IFB, SBC, GARB, Homechurch and others who are dedicated Christians and many on the same groups who are not.  Like I said,  I haven't really found a group where I fit.

So you don't attend a Baptist church.  :)

Church is not something you attend. It is a community you belong to.

RAIDER said:
When we attended HAC I believe that most of us would have considered ourselves an IFB.  With what church affiliation would you identify now?

Attend Anglican Church.  I am not a member but my wife (former HAC faculty member) is a member. She loves that the liturgy is mostly scripture and the service focal point is communion and not what a man has to say about the Bible.  From her vantage point there is less emphasis on the minister and more on Christ.

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

So you don't attend a Baptist church.  :)

Your'e obtuse.  Nowhere did I say that.  I said the opposite.  doeg