What are your favorite Christmas movies?

Ekklesian

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
For me:

Classics:

Scrooge (1951 with Alistair Sim)​
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)​
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)​
White Christmas (1954)​
A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)​
The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974)​

New:

Die Hard (1988)​
The Santa Clause (1 & 2)​
The Polar Express (For the visuals, the characters and situations, though not necessarily the plot.)​
The Family Man​
Christmas with the Kranks (This one took some time to grow on me.)​
Fatman is starting to grow on me.​
[Edited to add: A Muppet Christmas Carol]​

Last edited:
You took my top 3, but I would add Elf and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

definitely how the grinch stole christmas... .. the original cartoon version... ..
but the 2 other remakes aren;t too bad either....

..also scrooge... the 1970 version...

..it;s a wonderful life 1946

..the polar express - i love steam locomotives... even in animation..

i have never seen some of the others listed.... but i saw the homecoming on
a retro channel once and really liked that too... but i haven;t seen it since ...

another of my favorite christmas movies i don;t expect many here to appreciate

is krampus.... it;s weird i know... but i sometimes like weird stuff....

in fact.. i liked that movie so much i bought a set of the krampus christmas ornaments
.... before they got ridiculously expensive... i wouldn;t spend what t
hey want for them now....

krampusornaments.jpeg

krampus.jpeg

another of my favorite christmas movies i don;t expect many here to appreciate
is krampus.... it;s weird i know... but i sometimes like weird stuff..
I think you'll like Fatman. Now I ll check out Krampus

Last edited:
Scrooge (1951 with Alistair Sim)
Obviously because of the Christian overtones, but also because this was my first exposure to the tale, and because of my late realization of the merriment wrought in the heart of the convert.

"It is true that the man at the Salvation Army meeting would probably be converted from the punch bowl; whereas Scrooge was converted to it. That only means that Scrooge and Dickens represented a higher and more historic Christianity" ("Christmas Books").

i'll check it out.... .. but beware of krampus.. . when i say it;s weird i mean very weird
.. . some people think disturbingly weird... ...here;s the trailer about it from youtube...

Noted, but I'm a Doctor Who fan. I'm good with weird.

Last edited:

While this isn't one of the traditional movies that we think about at Christmas time, I discovered this movie just last year but have watched it several times. I have always thought that Ms Young was such a classy woman and here she is in her elder years when she came out of retirement and made this movie for television. It has a great theme to it and I think you might enjoy it. By the way, Merry Christmas. (Click "watch on youtube")

Last edited:

While this isn't one of the traditional movies that we think about at Christmas time, I discovered this movie just last year but have watched it several times. I have always thought that Ms Young was such a classy woman and here she is in her elder years when she came out of retirement and made this movie for television. It has a great theme to it and I think you might enjoy it. By the way, Merry Christmas. (Click "watch on youtube")

Thanks for sharing that. I'll check it out. Generally the less accessible are the better treats. In 1986 I was starting my third year in college.