What, Exactly did John Piper do to Greg Boyd?

The Rogue Tomato said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
You made the accusation.... I am interested in knowing, exactly, how Piper treated Boyd.

I was writing the response when you posted this. I couldn't help but point out the animosity that exists from "some" toward others. Generally speaking..... we all know which direction it flows.

I admit, you're definitely more level headed when dealing such issues than most Calvinists I've meet.

Question, if you had absolute power in judging heresy.... would you seek the death or banishment of those you deem heretics?

Just say it.  Servetus.  Tomato's Law.

I've said MUCH more than just to mention Servetus. FSSL is the one that stated the thread to focus on it. Not me. Yes, I believe Calvinism is a reflection of the dark heart of mankind. A dark heart that loves to see God's own action coercing their own dark actions. Do I wish for them to burn in Hell for Eternity......

No. I don't. I wish they would change and heed the call of God. I wouldn't deny their inclusion in the Elect. I wouldn't' call them heretic or banish them from corporal or even personal fellowship. I'm not planning on rejoice in their own frailty. We all share this frailty. What we believe doesn't change this.

How dare all you idiotic, moronic childish wacko stupid NUTS not show kindness, acceotance and grace towards Boyd for his differing views.

All Calvinists are the same: evil putrid wicked proud men who want to burn others alive and gleefully dance around their corpses knowing they are being tormented in hell. They also hate puppies.

rsc2a said:
How dare all you idiotic, moronic childish wacko stupid NUTS not show kindness, acceotance and grace towards Boyd for his differing views.

All Calvinists are the same: evil putrid wicked proud men who want to burn others alive and gleefully dance around their corpses knowing they are being tormented in hell. They also hate puppies.

I have family members that are NUTS. It never stopped me from telling them they are crazy and telling them I love them.

Calvinists are generally unaccepting of much of anything different. If you don't know this.... then you've got your head in the sand.

I have never said what you said above about Calvinist. Your're misrepresenting me. You always have.

Your only tactic in dealing with me is to continually exaggerate what you see as a "bad attitude". You're so petty!!!

[quote author=praise_yeshua]Calvinists are generally unaccepting of much of anything different.[/quote]

[quote author=praise_yeshua]I have never said what you said above about Calvinist. Your're misrepresenting me. You always have.

Your only tactic in dealing with me is to continually exaggerate what you see as a "bad attitude". You're so petty!!!
[/quote]

You're right. You didn't say the puppy thing.

praise_yeshua said:
Bob H said:
FSSL said:
Praise_Jesus said: "If you really want to make a Calvinsit mad....just mention Greg Boyd. Piper, a noted Calvinist, showed his true colors when dealing with Boyd. Calvin showed his when dealing with Sevetus."

I haven't heard any news about Gregy Boyd being fried yet.....................Though his time is coming.  :)

What a wondrous display of love for your fellow man.

Another trait common to Calvinist. I know you don't claim to be one. A Calvinist takes pleasure in the punishment of whom they consider to be the "wicked".

I just don't believe there is going to be much celebrating at judgment!!!!!!!!!!!
The apostle Paul makes it very clear that God receives glory in the display of His wrath as well as His mercy (Romans 9:22,23).  It does not say that God rejoices in sending people to hell.  There is a big difference.  God does not make men sinful by leaving them in their sins they have chosen by nature.  Election is nothing more than God receiving glory in the display of His grace. There will always be the mystery between God's judgement and human responsibility.

biscuit1953 said:
praise_yeshua said:
Bob H said:
FSSL said:
Praise_Jesus said: "If you really want to make a Calvinsit mad....just mention Greg Boyd. Piper, a noted Calvinist, showed his true colors when dealing with Boyd. Calvin showed his when dealing with Sevetus."

I haven't heard any news about Gregy Boyd being fried yet.....................Though his time is coming.  :)

Another trait common to Calvinist. I know you don't claim to be one. A Calvinist takes pleasure in the punishment of whom they consider to be the "wicked".

I just don't believe there is going to be much celebrating at judgment!!!!!!!!!!!
The apostle Paul makes it very clear that God receives glory in the display of His wrath as well as His mercy (Romans 9:22,23).  It does not say that God rejoices in sending people to hell.  There is a big difference.  God does not make men sinful by leaving them in their sins they have chosen by nature.  Election is nothing more than God receiving glory in the display of His grace. There will always be the mystery between God's judgement and human responsibility.

Wrath is God's. Not man. This is very clear throughout Scriptures. The writer of James even said that the wrath of man doesn't work the righteousness of God.

We do not rejoice in the misery/judgement of others.

rsc2a said:
[quote author=praise_yeshua]Calvinists are generally unaccepting of much of anything different.

[quote author=praise_yeshua]I have never said what you said above about Calvinist. Your're misrepresenting me. You always have.

[/quote]

You're right. You didn't say the puppy thing.
[/quote]

Do you remember my apology? Why are you so unforgiving? Is this a trait common to your branch of Christianity?

"I sorry, you stupid morons." isn't an apology.

praise_yeshua said:
biscuit1953 said:
praise_yeshua said:
Bob H said:
FSSL said:

Wrath is God's. Not man. This is very clear throughout Scriptures. The writer of James even said that the wrath of man doesn't work the righteousness of God.

We do not rejoice in the misery/judgement of others.

Revelation 6:9-10New King James Version (NKJV)
Fifth Seal: The Cry of the Martyrs

9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”

I don't rejoice in anyone going to hell.  However, there is in every one of us a desire to see justice done.  You aren't human if you don't believe ISSIS should be punished for the atrocities they are committing.  People forgive murderers of their loved ones but that doesn't mean being held accountable (by man) for their crimes should be annulled.  In the same way God receives glory (God's manifested presence, which makes Him impressive and leads to worship) when he judges sin whether through natural disasters or using humans to bring it about.

I know you think I'm unregenerate.

A bit off the rocker, but not lost. :p

Listen.... I'm one that told you about the issue. You obviously didn't know anything about it. Which tells me that you don't even care enough to follow what's going on in the theological world. You even got a NUT in the thread that thinks this has to do with the SBC.... agreeing with you.

Admittedly, I followed the controversy, loosely when it happened years ago.

I didn't think Piper physically attacked or behaved as an executioner or even suggested that Boyd should die.

For that reason, I asked the question and found that it was a lame, exaggerated statement.

praise_yeshua said:
Did you read the article that I referenced. I would love to deal with you on the points made by Boyd. YOU... Calvinist make God into a little child that knows nothing but what He alone purposed and brought about in humanity. You "NUTS".... call this "omnipotence". This is utterly stupid. The Open Theist believe that God knows ALL that is knowable. INCLUDING.... ALL the possibilities of a freewill operative that makes its own choices. You want to really talk of the VAST information knowable to God.... you Calvinist LOSE every time.

You misrepresent the Reformed view of omniscience. God knows all of the infinite possibilities. HOWEVER, He doesn't leave ANYTHING to chance. He makes everything certain.

The Open view teaches that God knows all of the possibilities, however, God is not certain.

That means.... your god learns.

FSSL said:

I tried sneaking up on Him once. I was going to jump out and go BOO!!!

He said "knock it off Sub".

FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
Did you read the article that I referenced. I would love to deal with you on the points made by Boyd. YOU... Calvinist make God into a little child that knows nothing but what He alone purposed and brought about in humanity. You "NUTS".... call this "omnipotence". This is utterly stupid. The Open Theist believe that God knows ALL that is knowable. INCLUDING.... ALL the possibilities of a freewill operative that makes its own choices. You want to really talk of the VAST information knowable to God.... you Calvinist LOSE every time.

You misrepresent the Reformed view of omniscience. God knows all of the infinite possibilities. HOWEVER, He doesn't leave ANYTHING to chance. He makes everything certain.

The Open view teaches that God knows all of the possibilities, however, God is not certain.

Again. You conveniently piece together quotes from me without dealing with everything I said. By doing so, you are being dishonest and present scenarios that are not of my making.

How about doing me a favor. STOP partially quoting me. I haven't done the same to you. Stop doing it to me. Either deal with everything I say or I'll drop out right here.

I've asked this question before and I'll ask it again.

Do you believe God thinks in sequential thought. In other words, does one thought give way to another thought and etc..... or do you believe God doesn't really "think". That He knows all things as a single all encompassing thought?

I'll eagerly await your answer.

subllibrm said:
FSSL said:

What an intelligent comment. I never thought about that at all....

I'm pretty sure nothing can scare God and it doesn't having anything to do with knowing the extent of all choices from a freewill creation. My kids try to scare me at times. "Boo" doesn't scare me. Geesh!!!

praise_yeshua said:
subllibrm said:
FSSL said:

What an intelligent comment. I never thought about that at all....

I'm pretty sure nothing can scare God and it doesn't having anything to do with knowing the extent of all choices from a freewill creation. My kids try to scare me at times. "Boo" doesn't scare me. Geesh!!!

Way too serious on a Monday morning my friend. I was just having a little fun.  :)

How about doing me a favor. STOP partially quoting me. I haven't done the same to you. Stop doing it to me. Either deal with everything I say or I'll drop out right here.

There was no partial quoting. You misrepresented our belief in omniscience. Quoting the entire post would not have changed my answer.

Do you believe God thinks in sequential thought. In other words, does one thought give way to another thought and etc..... or do you believe God doesn't really "think". That He knows all things as a single all encompassing thought?

I'll eagerly await your answer.

It is comprehensive. Not sequential. Therefore there is no room for uncertainty, contra Boyd.

FSSL said:

There was no partial quoting. You misrepresented our belief in omniscience. Quoting the entire post would not have changed my answer.

You're lying. Here is exactly what I said. You picked one little piece you want to deal with from what I wrote and ignored the rest. You have continually did this. I grow tired of it and it entirely dishonest.

You're ridiculous. He had no right and he failed.

Here are the exact words from the evangelical council that heads the "Theological Clarification and Assessment Council of the Baptist General Conference"

We affirm the unanimous vote of the Committee for Theological Clarification and Assessment occurring on May 13, 1998, that [open theist] Dr. [Greg] Boyd's views did not warrant his termination as a member of the Bethel College faculty and by inference that his views fall within the accepted bounds of the evangelical spectrum.

So much for Godly direction from Piper. Piper is an idiot. The moron even teaches that tithing is still for the NT believer.

Boyd explained this to the the BGC and it ruled in his favor. You can't win the argument. You Calvinist are so childish.

It is comprehensive. Not sequential. Therefore there is no room for uncertainty, contra Boyd.

I did not ask if it was comprehensive. I asked it you believe that God has only ever had but one thought? A single all encompassing thought without any sequence. Please answer the question. Don't be shy. Answer the question. You're purposely word parsing your answer.

biscuit1953 said:
Revelation 6:9-10New King James Version (NKJV)
Fifth Seal: The Cry of the Martyrs

9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”

I don't rejoice in anyone going to hell.  However, there is in every one of us a desire to see justice done.  You aren't human if you don't believe ISSIS should be punished for the atrocities they are committing.  People forgive murderers of their loved ones but that doesn't mean being held accountable (by man) for their crimes should be annulled.  In the same way God receives glory (God's manifested presence, which makes Him impressive and leads to worship) when he judges sin whether through natural disasters or using humans to bring it about.

So... you're actually trying to use Rev 6:9-10 to show there is will be rejoicing at the punishment of the wicked? Be clear.

While I can sympathize with your ISIS reference.... there many more involved in judgement than just ISIS. Loved ones. Companions. Sons. Daughters.

praise_yeshua said:
rsc2a said:
"I sorry, you stupid morons." isn't an apology.

I never said such. You are lying.
Do I really need to go and reference the 350 times you have called someone nuts (make that "NUTS"), idiots, stupid, moron, childish, dummy or whatever else you have called people only in the last week?