What Happened to Ruckman's 1989 Rapture?

Twisted said:
1.  The gospel of the grace of God - Paul called it "my gospel"
2.  The gospel of the kingdom - Referred to either the "kingdom of heaven" or "kingdom of God". 
3.  The "everlasting gospel" - preached by an angel at the end of the Tribulation.
4.  The gospel preached to the spies of Kadesh-barnea in Heb. 4.
5.  The gospel unto Abraham (Gal. 3:8 )
6.  The gospel of peace (Romans 10:15)

They're not different gospels. They're different aspects of the same gospel.

And then the historical "gospels" of Matthew. Mark, Luke and John.

The "gospel" (literature about the life and works of Jesus) is a different thing than the "gospel" (the good news of salvation). You are conflating two different definitions of the same word, which is dishonest.

Now we're up to 6 gospels - Scofield only had 4.  Actually, there is only one gospel, Galatians 1:6-7.  Calling it by different names doesn't make it different gospels.  I have a Chevy in my garage and I have a Caprice in my garage, but I only have one car.

illinoisguy said:
Now we're up to 6 gospels - Scofield only had 4.  Actually, there is only one gospel, Galatians 1:6-7.  Calling it by different names doesn't make it different gospels.  I have a Chevy in my garage and I have a Caprice in my garage, but I only have one car.

Great explanation

Ransom said:
Twisted said:
1.  The gospel of the grace of God - Paul called it "my gospel"
2.  The gospel of the kingdom - Referred to either the "kingdom of heaven" or "kingdom of God". 
3.  The "everlasting gospel" - preached by an angel at the end of the Tribulation.
4.  The gospel preached to the spies of Kadesh-barnea in Heb. 4.
5.  The gospel unto Abraham (Gal. 3:8 )
6.  The gospel of peace (Romans 10:15)

They're not different gospels. They're different aspects of the same gospel.

And then the historical "gospels" of Matthew. Mark, Luke and John.

The "gospel" (literature about the life and works of Jesus) is a different thing than the "gospel" (the good news of salvation). You are conflating two different definitions of the same word, which is dishonest.
Wow, I just dropped my coffee.  I actually agree with Ransom on something. 

First off, there is no such thing in Scripture as "The Gospels" regarding the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John...  Or even "The gospel according to" those men.  Those are the words of men like Scofield...  Just like "The Revelation of St. John the Divine".  REV 1:1 clears that up right away...  It is "The Revelation of Jesus Christ..."

And the same holds true with dispensationalism in Soteriolology.  Salvation has always been by grace through faith and never by the Law (Romans 9:30-32, Hebrews 11, et al).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk