What I saw in church this week..............

fishinnut

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I attend a big city mega church and see lots of different and sundry things from the people who work there, those who attend there and those who visit there. I have from the time I can remember been a people watcher. Today I started making a list of stuff, of things, of dress items and the list goes on  on.

I thought it would be interesting to tell you what I noticed and ask you to watch for what you see at your church each week.

So instead of 1 post per item.........(hello Raider).........let us do 1 post per list as you post.

What I saw in church this week.......

A guy carrying a skateboard

Lots of guys with a backpack (maybe their Bibles were very heavy)

Fire engine red hair............dyed of course

Yoga pants

Shorts

Coats

Sneakers, including mine

One suit

Stage smoke

Wheelchair

Coffee cups & water bottles

Big screens

Guitars & drums

Strollers

Lots of shuttle buses

Traffic jam for blocks getting in the parking lots

Packed building

Many cops inside & outside for security & traffic control

Male singer in a stocking hat

Leaders on stage with jeans that had the knees knocked out

Hands raised for salvation decisions

Fish, were you in church or at a Carrie Underwood concert? ;)

RAIDER said:
Fish, were you in church or at a Carrie Underwood concert? ;)

For sure.  There are no real churches near you?

I saw a grown man wave to his wife and daughter on the front pew. He was getting baptized.  The pastor had the people in the church who knew the man to stand up in support. It was very moving.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Sorry about the skateboard but my car broke down. ;D

I saw a pastor use three bus kids, 10-13 years old, in an illustration.  In that illustration one kid represented the Soul of a man.  One kid represented the Flesh and the other kid represented the spirit.

In the illustration the pastor described how the spirit led man followed after things of the spirit. and the soul child turned away from the flesh and followed the spirit turning towards the spirit and walking with him. The Pastor then said without this spirit being alive you don't have heaven, you don't have eternal life.  And the child who was illustrative of the flesh named Angel called out in a worried tone "hey what about me".  Causing the pastor and congregation to chuckle and say "That is a great question"  "We will get to that in a minute".

It seems we were able to see before our eyes the Holy Spirit drawing this boy to an understanding of his own need.  He later accepted Jesus Christ as Saviour

The pastor's 13 month old grandson is finally walking! He escaped from his mom and had almost reached the platform when somebody grabbed him.

Here is what I didn't see:

Several times now when the pastor has gotten up to preach, the first thing he does is ask for anyone who desires prayer for any reason to come to the front and pray with one of the pastors or elders. Spiritual problems, sickness, domestic, financial, any reason at all. I am always amazed at how many will come and they will be praying at the front.

Now, I have never seen a picture posted on twitter or facebook of the people at the front praying with the pastor talking about how full the altar was even before he preached! (this has become somewhat of an ifbx staple)

I did not see this last Sunday. It happened about 6 weeks ago but still affects me. First thing that happened in the service was a video of a young couple sitting on a couch and being interviewed. I know both of them. The husband and wife both went all their lives to HB schools along with all their siblings. They were talking about their marriage struggles and he was telling the interviewer about his problems with drugs and alcohol. He said it started when he was a sophomore in high school.

After telling a bit about the background and how they were coming out of this they were talking about how they were involved in a church program that is called Celebrate Recovery and how much it helped them. He said, "I grew up in church and always heard about grace, but I had just never seen it." Bye the way, they never mentioned where they came from or anything like that and were very contrite.

All I could think of when they were doing this interview was that if this young man had gone in high school to one of his teachers or principal, he may have met with a sympathetic ear, or he may have been sermon fodder for a long while.

I saw men and ladies in the choir dressed in their best and dressed modestly.

fishinnut said:
Easter........over 360 saved in 3 services & 1 more service to go.

What is this?  1-2-3-Sing-After-Me?

2- Friday night Good Friday services that were almost full at both. 5- services between Saturday night and Sunday with some of them absolutely packed. (probably seats 500 - 600) in the auditorium. Traffic jams in parking lot. Testimony from someone who just a couple years ago was in California trying to be a rock star who picked up a Bible in his hotel room. Mostly CCM but when you look at the words and sing them they are absolutely beautiful! Pastor preaching great Easter message. (no tie) Choir singing and raising hands in praise. Saw more shirts and ties than normal. (I even wore a tie)

Now, from the old days. After reading a lot of twitter feeds and facebook pages, here is what I saw on a lot of them. The obligatory 'Easter is pagan' articles. Good Friday is catholic and anyone who has a good Friday service is hurting. CCM is ungodly garbage. Never will be any drums in MY church. We use Easter Sunday to teach people how to dress when they come on the buses. Easter Bunnies, candy, easter baskets, playgrounds, giveaways, etc. to get people to come. God have mercy on you pitiful slobs that don't run buses. Then I look at some of the church crowds and wonder who is right and who is wrong.

BALAAM said:
2- Friday night Good Friday services that were almost full at both. 5- services between Saturday night and Sunday with some of them absolutely packed. (probably seats 500 - 600) in the auditorium. Traffic jams in parking lot. Testimony from someone who just a couple years ago was in California trying to be a rock star who picked up a Bible in his hotel room. Mostly CCM but when you look at the words and sing them they are absolutely beautiful! Pastor preaching great Easter message. (no tie) Choir singing and raising hands in praise. Saw more shirts and ties than normal. (I even wore a tie)

Now, from the old days. After reading a lot of twitter feeds and facebook pages, here is what I saw on a lot of them. The obligatory 'Easter is pagan' articles. Good Friday is catholic and anyone who has a good Friday service is hurting. CCM is ungodly garbage. Never will be any drums in MY church. We use Easter Sunday to teach people how to dress when they come on the buses. Easter Bunnies, candy, easter baskets, playgrounds, giveaways, etc. to get people to come. God have mercy on you pitiful slobs that don't run buses. Then I look at some of the church crowds and wonder who is right and who is wrong.

The testimony from this guy was very neat. He said that all of his life he told people who tried to witness to him that God is exist and when you die, it is over. He said that one thing he never could get away from was that his mother told him that when he got to the point that he needed God, that God would be there. He said, "Now, I can't get enough of this stuff! Church and bible study etc."