What If?

subllibrm said:
So you admit that we have a lot in common with Catholics.

No, not really.........................

Rome has it's own god--The Pope
Rome  has it's own saviour--The Church
Rome has it's own sacrifice-- The mass
Rome has it's own mediator--The Priesthood
Rome has it's own sanctifier-- The sacraments
Rome has it's own justification--infused righteousness
Rome has it's own pardon-- The confessional
Rome has it's own advocate-- Mary

EVERY good Catholic believes this. They were taught these things from their childhood. My mother's side is all Catholic {on her mother's side}. My mom committed a "mortal sin" {which she's been told} when she left it yrs  ago. She's still a "protesting one" & not going back. Listen folks, Rome will once again raise her ugly head and persecute the saints like in time's past.

.....Oh wait, you weren't talking to me. My bad

:-[

Bob H said:
subllibrm said:

EVERY good Catholic believes this. They were taught these things from their childhood. My mother's side is all Catholic {on her mother's side}. My mom committed a "mortal sin" {which she's been told} when she left it yrs  ago. She's still a "protesting one" & not going back. Listen folks, Rome will once again raise her ugly head and persecute the saints like in time's past.

I know some pretty "bad" Catholics then.  :D

Tim said:
https://thatcatholicjazz.com/2015/01/27/the-incredible-origins-of-matt-mahers-lyrics/comment-page-1/

from article ...

...I?ve discovered that a ton of his lyrics didn?t originally come from him but rather are based on the Bible and ancient prayers and writings of the Church...

?Alive Again? ? One of my favorite Matt Maher songs became even more amazing when I discovered while taking a class on Patristic theology that it was taken from St. Augustine?s Confessions, written at the end of the 4th century.

?Great Things? ? The whole song is basically the Magnificat, aka the Canticle of Mary, put to music. The prayer is taken from Luke 1:46-55 and is also prayed in the Liturgy of the Hours during evening prayer every day.

?Adoration? ? The first two verses are a direct English translation of St. Thomas Aquinas? ?Tantum Ergo? making it one of the best contemporary Christian songs to play during Eucharistic Adoration.

?Christ is Risen? ? I had to save this one for last because it?s another one of my personal favorites that impacted me strongly during prayer last week.

We must look to the East(ern rite) to see the origins of the chorus of ?Christ is Risen? which comes from the Paschal Troparion, a prayer said during the octave of Easter in the Divine Liturgy of the Eastern Orthodox Church and Eastern Catholic churches which follow the Byzantine rite. The typical English translation of the prayer is:

?Christ is risen from the dead,
Trampling down death by death,
And upon those in the tombs
Bestowing life!?

So you found someone who wrote their opinion of why they think Matt Maher wrote what he did. Solid argument.  ::)

BTW how is it going purging Catholic songs from the IFB? I expect you to get up and walk out when you hear the strains of "Silent Night" this Christmas season. Anything less would be hypocrisy!

subllibrm said:
Bob H said:
subllibrm said:

They know more than what you think they know {say that 3 times fast  :)}. But with that said, I know MANY bad {nominal} Catholics and one thing's for sure....they know less about what the Bible teaches than what Rome teaches. And also, the one's who do get saved will always/eventually come out of her. And if I were a betting dude, I would bet that this singer dude knows exactly what Rome believes. But that's just me.

Bob H said:
subllibrm said:
Bob H said:
subllibrm said:

They know more than what you think they know {say that 3 times fast  :)}. But with that said, I know MANY bad {nominal} Catholics and one thing's for sure....they know less about what the Bible teaches than what Rome teaches. And also, the one's who do get saved will always/eventually come out of her. And if I were a betting dude, I would bet that this singer dude knows exactly what Rome believes. But that's just me.

Maybe he will come out of her!  :D