What will happen if Schaap...

The BUS

Elect
Reaction score
Just disappears?
What will we all do if Schaap just lies low, doesn't show up anywhere and basically becomes invisible?
Will this FFF revival be short lived?
Will it go back to 1 or 2 posts a day?
Will we be happy?
Or will we be miserable?

Just disappears?
What will we all do if Schaap just lies low, doesn't show up anywhere and basically becomes invisible?
Will we be happy?
Or will we be miserable?
maybe.... fundamentalism will begin focusing more on the victims of people like schaap..... hopefully.... and i realize i am aiming for the stars here..... . they might begin to care more about guarding their lambs.. as any good shepherd would.. ... helping those damaged by these kinds of men heal.... . rather than spending all their energy rehabilitating fallen men.. .... or trying to change to nature of wolves....

i know..... it might as well as be a pipe dream.... especially when talking to pastors of churches with multiple jail ministries... and not a single ministry to homeless or abused women and children........ but i thought i might run it past the group anyway....... just to see.......

Last edited:
If he just lies low and doesn't make a nuisance of himself it shouldn't affect this place at all. He shouldn't be influencing this place now. He's only "here" because we've let him (in spirit) be here.

Just disappears?
You mean, what will happen if Schaap, temporarily on our radar, ceases to be newsworthy again?

We'll chalk it up to answered prayer.

Let his name be forgotten in the next generation (Psalm 109:13).

maybe.... fundamentalism will begin focusing more on the victims of people like schaap..... hopefully.... and i realize i am aiming for the stars here..... . they might begin to care more about guarding their lambs.. as any good shepherd would.. ... helping those damaged by these kinds of men heal.... . rather than spending all their energy rehabilitating fallen men.. .... or trying to change to nature of wolves....

i know..... it might as well as be a pipe dream.... especially when talking to pastors of churches with multiple jail ministries... and not a single ministry to homeless or abused women and children........ but i thought i might run it past the group anyway....... just to see.......
They always leave us to the dustbin! What they don’t know is that Cinderella rose from there!

I am going to share something I remember reading on Facebook during the Schaap scandal. The page was called, “Do Right HAC”: a former teacher from HBJH, Don Olsen, came out and said that he wished he had known, back in the day, about some of the scandals when he was teaching. He knew some of his students had suffered at the hands of FBCH. I was stunned, but I was so pleased that someone from a well known family would step up and admit that he wished he had known. He and his family left FBCH and went out to Porter County, I believe. Don Olsen was a very meek and kind man. I know that some of you will shame his brother, Bob, after Bob came out and admitted his problems with underage boys. I agree that Bob deserved/deserves punishment for any abuse he has committed against minor children. I hate that whole thing. Don does not have to pay for his brother’s sins. Don was one who stepped up, with good reason not to. Fred Mooney left the high school and coaches for a Catholic school. He’s proud and he should be. Greg Weber left also. The exact reasons Fred Mooney, Greg Weber, and his brother Ron Weber, are unclear. I have never heard them speak of their reason for leaving. Greg‘s wife, Jennifer, wrote an open letter to Linda Hyles in response to Linda’s letter to the members of FBCH. It was mostly about her less than ideal circumstances, her trying to make the Hyles girls look bad for the way they treated her. I read it, as did many prominent names from back in the old days. They ripped her to shreds for her “poor me” tone of the letter. She made clear her relationship through marriage to the Hyles family, (Ron’s son marrying Schaap’s daughter)
It should not go unnoticed that Larry Staab took a stand for right along the way. His family was well-served by it, and he left the job of high school principal to go to the college. I don’t know all that Larry Staab knew, but it was enough to want out of the job he had been doing. Things he did to try to right wrongs behind the scenes were risky, but right.
The Godfrey’s, the Waggoners, many other names that escape me due to age and time. Reading what Don Olsen wrote was a heartwarming moment, Bob not withstanding.
I am always happy to know someone wants truth and not all of the lies and coverups.

Bob, I doubt very seriously if it will EVER happen.

I could name names of at least a dozen pastors who openly spoke about the abuses of Jack and David Hyles and HAC. I'd hope that they have cleaned the cupboards of the worst ones, but I am very wary.
No cleaning will be done. Their hands were tied with Schaap. His phone told the tale. Had it been before smart phones and so forth, Schaap would still be in the pulpit there. A thorough cleaning should’ve been done when Wilkerson took over and he would’ve gained a lot of respect. He made a bad choice. The fact that he was from HAC made it harder for him to clean house. Perhaps he is too meek a person. For the good of the church and it’s congregation, he should’ve done it. Would’a, could’a, should’a, DIDN’T. Here we are with hide and seek!

Last edited:
It should not go unnoticed that Larry Staab took a stand for right along the way. His family was well-served by it, and he left the job of high school principal to go to the college. I don’t know all that Larry Staab knew, but it was enough to want out of the job he had been doing. Things he did to try to right wrongs behind the scenes were risky, but right.
I'm not following here. If Larry Staab took a stand how does it manifest itself with going from employment at the high school to employment at the college?

They always leave us to the dustbin! What they don’t know is that Cinderella rose from there!
there are several reasons for why they do that.... we are harder to work with than their favorite fallen pastors... whereas the fallen pastors can;t wait to get back into the churches and back among the very same people they abused (all in the name of "restoration").... .. all we usually want to do is get as far away from the church or the family that abused us, as possible.. to disapear..... or to literally go away and die... like some of them have even told victims of abuse we should to do....

even though i was not abused through a church or by a pastor i can still relate to that because my mothers famiy treated me the same way... even the ones not involved in her criminal activites and who knew nothing about what was going on at the time.. ended up hating me when it was all over and the whole story came out.... they wished i was dead... said i would be better off dead.... but short of having that satisfaction they were very happy to throw me away and never see or hear about me again... ... and they gave a number of different reasons for that too.....

but i think the primary reason the churches shun victims like you and why my mothers family hates me are the same... ... we remind them of how they have failed.... .....when members of the congregation see you they realize they have failed as a church..... when my moms relatives see me they know they have failed as a family...... and they can;t bear to live with that reality...

Last edited:
Just disappears?
Will we be happy?
Or will we be miserable?
Teenage girls can sleep easier at night. Another predator gone.

I'm not following here. If Larry Staab took a stand how does it manifest itself with going from employment at the high school to employment at the college?
The high school had been corrupted to a degree that Larry Staab was stunned by. His job at the college allowed to take that knowledge, clean up any mess to start with and do it right. He could then make his rules and be in control. He no longer had to tolerate scandal in HIS area. It also mapped a way out for him. You would have to know Larry and the whole high school milieu to understand this. He was a better man than any there and he had the right attitude about how to handle who should be in control and to what extent. I will always respect him for his good sense and his ethics.

I guess the only way to be sure of that is to keep him locked up.
It was by Schaap abusing a position of power that he was able to get the teenage girl. Remove him from that power, and the teenage girls can tell him, "Get lost, creep," without repercussions.

No cleaning will be done. Their hands were tied with Schaap. His phone told the tale. Had it been before smart phones and so forth, Schaap would still be in the pulpit there. A thorough cleaning should’ve been done when Wilkerson took over and he would’ve gained a lot of respect. He made a bad choice. The fact that he was from HAC made it harder for him to clean house. Perhaps he is too meek a person. For the good of the church and it’s congregation, he should’ve done it. Would’a, could’a, should’a, DIDN’T. Here we are with hide and seek!
sadly Joy ask Pastor Wilkerson for his help he never helped her...........

The high school had been corrupted to a degree that Larry Staab was stunned by. His job at the college allowed to take that knowledge, clean up any mess to start with and do it right. He could then make his rules and be in control. He no longer had to tolerate scandal in HIS area. It also mapped a way out for him. You would have to know Larry and the whole high school milieu to understand this. He was a better man than any there and he had the right attitude about how to handle who should be in control and to what extent. I will always respect him for his good sense and his ethics.
Not sure if Larry helped Joy in her court case against dh

That is truly sad. He was supposed to clean the place up.
Questions concerning Wilkerson:

Obviously he's a HAC alum but is he also another IFB pastor who defends/admires Hyles?
Was Wilkerson on staff at FBCH when Schaap was pastor?
Did Wilkerson know about what Schaap was doing (or even Jack and Dave Hyles were doing) and just ignored it?