WHBC South of the Red River

Walt said:
TruthBearer said:
Tanner said:
Bob Ross brought this same WHBC mentality of cover up and intimidation to our church in Mesquite Tx.  He came into a tough situation with a lot house cleaning to do.  He preached a lot of "get over it" messages while people were hurting.  Men that went to him with concerns were mocked and trashed from the pulpit.  The core of the church left and he never visited or reached out to any of them.  His main focus then and still today is trashing any family that leaves, and men with facial hair. 

So glad to be out of that mess

I wonder if he told his wife to 'get over it' when their daughter passed away.

I have always found that odd when Jesus the Son of God a perfect man that we owe our salvation too for his sacrifice and is preached by the likes of Bob Ross and Vineyards. Jesus had facial hair, but it is a sin for members of their churches to have facial hair and they are not allowed to serve God if they do in their churches because facial hair was a sign of rebellion.  This is what they preach about members having facial hair.

If you have facial hair you cannot sing specials, usher, teach a Sunday school class, guard the parking lot or hallway, clean bathrooms etc. according to their religion.

Isn't that saying that Jesus himself is not perfect and had the sin of rebellion in his life for having facial hair? Which would make Christ imperfect for his rebellion and the whole Bible a lie.

I have never understood how they could justify this stance using the Bible, (which they can't it was a man made rule).

The facial hair thing always puzzled me to, since clearly Jesus Christ had a beard, as noted above.

I can only think that the pastors against this were around with beards on hippies in the 1960s.

I have heard JAV make reference to the hippies many times in regards to facial hair. Hippies were not known for facial hair they were more known for their long hair and pony tails.

Ask someone what a hippie is and they probably won't even mention beard. Most of the rockers back in the sixties had long hair but I cannot recall anyone that had a beard all the time.

It will be interesting when they stand before their bearded righteous Judge.  Seems like He said something about charity.  Something sadly missing in the IFBx.  Seems like He had something to say about whited sepulchres, and folks who judged everyone by the outside, not by the heart.  "Preaching for doctrine the commandments of men."  I can't figure out how they can continue in their cold, harsh, unmerciful ways, with no thought of judgment... unless they aren't saved to begin with!

SixGreatKids said:
It will be interesting when they stand before their bearded righteous Judge.  Seems like He said something about charity.  Something sadly missing in the IFBx.  Seems like He had something to say about whited sepulchres, and folks who judged everyone by the outside, not by the heart.  "Preaching for doctrine the commandments of men."  I can't figure out how they can continue in their cold, harsh, unmerciful ways, with no thought of judgment... unless they aren't saved to begin with!

Looks like you might be onto something with that last statement!! 

Can a Christians heart be as cold and ruthless as JAV's has been over the years? 

hmmmmmm

One of my youth pastors years ago told me the closer he was to God, the worse he felt about himself and visa versa.  He was the godliest man I have ever known...a business man, no bible college!  I know believers can do some pretty ungodly things.  It's the life patterns that concern me.  By their fruits...years of cruel control, completely un Christlike, etc.

SixGreatKids said:
One of my youth pastors years ago told me the closer he was to God, the worse he felt about himself and visa versa.  He was the godliest man I have ever known...a business man, no bible college!

And I bet his kids never had to be called off the mission field because they were doing the dirty to all the native women they could.  Or called home from the field because they had their head smashed in for being just like their brother.  And then once back home only to be accused of further sexual misconduct by over a dozen women!!  No, I suspect his kids are serving the Lord in humility and truth like the example their Godly father set before them.

Pretty much nailed it!  :) The real you will always stand up, no?

I'm sorry to read in the other thread that some thing Open Door is dying - is that the general assessment here?

I remember the Matt Jarrell scandal, and was hoping that Bob Ross would be used of God to reset the church firmly based upon Jesus Christ, but from what I've read, the news sounds discouraging.

It's trending downward.  It is run just like WHBC all the way down to the 3 x5 cards.