When We Fail

Here are some more of the benefits of wisdom. If you are not succeeding in God's work, getting wisdom can give you that success.

Ecclesiastes 7:19
Wisdom strengthens a wise man more than ten rulers who are in a city.

Have you been in situations where  ungodly people with money called the shots?
Ecclesiastes 7:12
For wisdom is protection just as money is protection, But the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the lives of its possessors.
Proverbs 16:16
How much better it is to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen above silver.

Is it true that scorners have no wisdom?
James 3:17
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.

Proverbs 3:13
How blessed is the man who finds wisdom And the man who gains understanding.

Vince Massi said:

Oh look. Vince can ask questions, but he's too cowardly to answer them.

Most of you already do not wish to be a scorner.

But should you learn from a scorner? Let look at Proverbs 14:6 to answer that question. http://biblehub.com/proverbs/14-6.htm

Ransom said:
Vince Massi said:

When does it reach the point when someone should be considered a troll who is pretty much just carrying on a one sided monologue?

HeDied4U said:
When does it reach the point when someone should be considered a troll who is pretty much just carrying on a one sided monologue?

I hesitate to call Vince a troll, though it's clear he has no interest in two-sided discussion. Anyone who's wants to either attempt to engage him or call out his bad netizenship is free to do so.

FSSL, Ransom...
It's to the point that Vince does not want to engage and as hedied4u said, just wants to monologue. I think that Vince does not want to engage but use FF as his personal blog.
That being said, when does it reach a point that either Vince actually engages in conversation or he gets banned? I think, by now, he has shown by his actions that he is a buffoon. But how long does this continue?

Recovering IFB said:
FSSL, Ransom...
It's to the point that Vince does not want to engage and as hedied4u said, just wants to monologue. I think that Vince does not want to engage but use FF as his personal blog.
That being said, when does it reach a point that either Vince actually engages in conversation or he gets banned? I think, by now, he has shown by his actions that he is a buffoon. But how long does this continue?
I say it should require a much higher standard to be banned from posting. Vince is entitled to his view.
If you don't like what Vince has to say then don't respond or read his posts.

He seems to want to be the judge on who is a success and who is a failure in ministry. That's not a position I want to be in. I say let God be the judge of what is success and what is failure.

Moses spent 40 years in the deserts of Midian and another 40 years in the wilderness wandering around and we consider him a great leader. Jacob spent 40 years in the deserts of Haran and God still had big plans for him and his decedents. Who am I to judge God?s will for someone else.

Recovering IFB said:

I don't want to see Vince banned. I want to see him learn some netiquette and participate on the FFF without using it as his personal blog. To the extent that Vince has played poorly with others, I have limited that ability. He likes to flood the forum with new threads, which I regard as abusive of the forum. So I have taken away his ability to start new threads.

Either he'll learn some manners and engage in actual conversation with the rest of us, or he'll get bored that he can't monologue any more, and move on. The ball's in Vince's court, and it's entirely up to him how he chooses to play it.

Vince is bringing a TON of traffic to this site. There has never been more traffic to a forum like this before. This is a yuuuuge forum. Making FFF Great Again!

*at least according to him

Ok. Buuut this isn't just an area to step up on your soapbox and not expect to answer for whatever you say. Though I strongly disagree with many here, I do consider you all fellow servants in Christ and we are here to sharpen iron.

Recovering IFB said:
Ok. Buuut this isn't just an area to step up on your soapbox and not expect to answer for whatever you say. Though I strongly disagree with many here, I do consider you all fellow servants in Christ and we are here to sharpen iron.

Right on...

Yet, you are a recovering IFB, so you know how many of them behave.

Ransom said:
Vince Massi said:

That might be a little harsh, Ransom.  Cowardly?  Almost seems like a bit of bullying.

Of course, I am "pure as snow" myself.:)

Vince, why don't you blog and put the location on your posts?  I think people might be more apt to read it.  Just a suggestion.

I lost interest between Route 70's meme of Peewee Herman, and Vince calling anyone that disagreed with him a scorner.  I guess that might make me a scorner...I dunno.

I did happen to find the following quote among my papers today.  It's from Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, and it seems appropriate.

"Now we cannot...discover our failure to keep God's law except by trying our very hardest (and then failing). Unless we really try, whatever we say there will always be at the back of our minds the idea that if we try harder next time we shall succeed at being completely good...But in another sense it is not trying that is ever going to bring us home. All this trying leads up to the vital moment at which you turn to God and say, "You must do this. I can't."  Do not, I implore you, start asking yourselves, 'Have I reached that moment?' Do not sit down and start watching your own mind to see if it is coming along. That puts a man quite on the wrong track. When the most important things in our life happen we quite often do not know, at the moment, what is going on.  A man does not always say to himself, 'Hullo! I'm growing up.' It is often only when he looks back that he realizes what has happened and recognizes it as what people call 'growing up.'  You can see it even in simple matters.  A man who starts anxiously watching to see whether he is going to sleep is very likely  to remain wide awake. As well, the thing I am talking of now may not happen to everyone in a sudden flash - as it did with Saint Paul or Bunyan:  it may be so gradual that no one could ever point to a particular year.  And what matters is the nature of the change itself, not how we feel while it is happening. It is the change about  feeling confident about our own efforts to the state in which we despair of doing anything for ourselves and leave it to God...The sense in which a Christian leaves it to God and puts his trust in Christ: trust that Christ will somehow share with him the perfect human obedience which He cried out from His birth to His crucifixion: that Christ will make the man more like Himself and, in a sense, make good his deficiencies...He will share his 'sonship' with us, will make us, like Himself, 'Sons of God'..."

"As Lewis said, until we discover in personal experience our own spiritual bankruptcy and despair of our ability to do anything that will put us right with God, we will not turn to Christ in true faith."

Well, y'all must have really skeared Vince off...b/c he aint been anywhere on the forum since April!

16KJV11 said:
Well, y'all must have really skeared Vince off...b/c he aint been anywhere on the forum since April!

I imagine that without the ability to start a new thread every time  a thought crossed his mind, the forum lost its appeal. :)

Ransom said:
16KJV11 said:

I imagine that without the ability to start a new thread every time  a thought crossed his mind, the forum lost its appeal. :)

So, he was blocked from starting new threads?