Where do go if I leave the IFB movement?

Phil Kidd was sadly just a poor man's Tony Hutson and Larry Brown when it came to comedy. Kidd isn't a prosperity teacher but he would fit right in with the TBN/PTL Club crowd but now TBN (who still promotes prosperity gospel) has become more seeker sensitive on their television programming.

Wasn't Kidd associated with Jim & Tom Vineyard?

Speaking of Larry Brown. Its hard to swallow what happened down there with that ego maniac CT Townsend.

You know what a "evangelist" does when he needs a steadier money stream don't you? They all of sudden get a call to start pastoring somewhere.

Really? Have you read the book of Acts? Did you see any hostility in the book of Acts? Any hostility among leaders in the book of Acts?

Did any of them tell their followers to go somewhere else?

"Being Christ centered" isn't a matter of self approval or self determination. It is either Biblical or it is worthless.

There is a reason you have dozens if not hundreds of "Christian" assemblies in any given area. It is all because of doing exactly what you're advocating be done.
The reason I would advocate moving on would be because the pastor/leadership of the church does not look like the pastor in the book of Acts. Look if you feel there is a chance or of setting things right at your current church than do so. And ultimately go where God sends you.

Well...

1) you had genuine apostles leading the churches
2) there was only one church for many miles... transportation was limited

Where to go, if leaving the IFB movement? I would not want to go to the Southern Baptist Convention, as long as they hold to Critical Race Theory as part of their official doctrine.

(Perhaps the reason some IFB pastors act like lunatics and bullies is because they and their parishioners are well aware that there is no place else to go).

The reason I would advocate moving on would be because the pastor/leadership of the church does not look like the pastor in the book of Acts. Look if you feel there is a chance or of setting things right at your current church than do so. And ultimately go where God sends you.

I don't believe you dealt with what I said. What you've advocated is exactly what has caused all the competition that exists for so few believers left following Christ. Do you remember when Jesus asked the simple question.... When the Son of Man comes, shall he find faith on the earth?

Yet, you ignore this time and what caused that condition.

Do you really believe all these dozens and hundreds of works around are following God? If they were,, they wouldn't be divided.

Can you explain why they are divided and God is part of this division?

I don't believe you dealt with what I said. What you've advocated is exactly what has caused all the competition that exists for so few believers left following Christ. Do you remember when Jesus asked the simple question.... When the Son of Man comes, shall he find faith on the earth?

Do you really believe all these dozens and hundreds of works around are following God? If they were,, they wouldn't be divided.

Can you explain why they are divided and God is part of this division
Well...

1) you had genuine apostles leading the churches
2) there was only one church for many miles... transportation was limited
Yet they were assemblied in unity. Jerusalem was a very large city with common leadership. There wasn't anywhere else to go.

Can you explain why they are divided and God is part of this division?
Ok. But since you advocate that no one should leave their current church you advocate that we should remain divided. Actually you make the same argument the Catholics make. If you look Catholics are just as divided as non-catholics. They are just divided under one leadership. Take any issue gay marriage, abortion, marriage you will find sizeable number of Catholics that fall on both sides of the issue.

Ok. But since you advocate that no one should leave their current church you advocate that we should remain divided. Actually you make the same argument the Catholics make. If you look Catholics are just as divided as non-catholics. They are just divided under one leadership. Take any issue gay marriage, abortion, marriage you will find sizeable number of Catholics that fall on both sides of the issue.
I made my argument earlier. Can you quote where I said to stay? I didn't.

If everyone is wrong, then I going to say everyone is wrong. Why do you refuse to do such?

I made my argument earlier. Can you quote where I said to stay? I didn't.

If everyone is wrong, then I going to say everyone is wrong. Why do you refuse to do such?

I hear this all the time and it is not the solution.

Did any of the apostles tell their followers to go find a place that meets your requirement? The very fact you're saying this points to a much LARGER issue. This has become the standard given by most anyone.... "Go find one you like".......Such an answer is absolutely contrary to the teaching of the apostles and good common biblical sense. Why should anyone have to leave a church... and go find one they "like" better? God's work doesn't revolve around such division.
I hear this all the time and it is not the solution.

So Sherryh said if you find yourself at an intolerable IFB church you should leave and find a Christ centered Bible believing church. Your response was "I hear this all the time and it is not the solution" If leaving is not the solution, the only other option is to stay. What am I missing?

So Sherryh said if you find yourself at an intolerable IFB church you should leave and find a Christ centered Bible believing church. Your response was "I hear this all the time and it is not the solution" If leaving is not the solution, the only other option is to stay. What am I missing?
No. That isn't the only option. The Godly option is stay connected to Jesus regardless if there is a local assembly that meets God's requirement or not.

If all I ever got was from some man made local gathering, I'd be miserable.... Or just like the ungodly people leading all these fractured assemblies.

Why are you choosing them over God?

No. That isn't the only option. The Godly option is stay connected to Jesus regardless if there is a local assembly that meets God's requirement or not.

If all I ever got was from some man made local gathering, I'd be miserable.... Or just like the ungodly people leading all these fractured assemblies.

Why are you choosing them over God?
You are kind of going all over the place. Agreed you are a weak Christian if thing your feeding on is what your pastor gives you. But back to the point you have only two options when it comes to deciding to stay at your current church. You can leave or stay. You said leaving was not the solution so that leaves you with exactly one option.

You are kind of going all over the place. Agreed you are a weak Christian if thing your feeding on is what your pastor gives you. But back to the point you have only two options when it comes to deciding to stay at your current church. You can leave or stay. You said leaving was not the solution so that leaves you with exactly one option.

I see you're refusing to acknowledge what I've said.

No. There is the option of refusing to settle for any ungodly assemblies in your area and stick with God.

Why are you refusing to acknowledge this valid biblical option?

Which is perfect proof of not having really changed. You're just changing rulers.

Why do you need them?

I can discuss this all day. I love to talk about this.

Last edited:
I see you're refusing to acknowledge want I've said.

No. There is the option of refusing to settle for any ungodly assemblies in your area and stick with God.

Why are you refusing to acknowledge this valid biblical option?

Which is perfect proof of not having really changed. You're just changing rulers.

Why do you need them?

I can discuss this all day. I love to talk about this.
So then someone who is in a, what they/you would consider an ungodly church, should leave that church? Am I hearing you correctly on that. We are agreed that the sum of your Christian life should not be your church attendance or entirely what takes place at church.

So then someone who is in a, what they/you would consider an ungodly church, should leave that church? Am I hearing you correctly on that. We are agreed that the sum of your Christian life should not be your church attendance or entirely what takes place at church.

It depends. Usually, a real, sincere person, trying to make a difference, will ultimately get chased off. Which happens most of the time when you challenge the status quo.

Again. Why are you refuse to acknowledge the very real and biblical fact that being a Christian in these last days involves such rejection?

Have all you've ever done is change " life coaches"?

Last edited:
It depends. Usually, a real, sincere person, trying to make a difference, will ultimately get chased off. Which happens most of the time when you challenge the status quo.

Again. Why are you refuse to acknowledge the very real and biblical fact that being a Christian in these last days involves such rejection?

Have you ever done is change " life coaches"?
This is weird. I never thought I would be defending the IFB. I don't doubt the sincerity of most IFB's including pastors. They believe the Bible teaches the pastor is supposed to hold the ultimate authority in the church. I think in the early church it was probably not the case. However, what right do I have to go into an IFB and insist that they toss out everything they hold as convictions and adopt what are my sincerely held "Biblical" convictions. To some extent it sounds like you are not completely opposed to kings as long as you get to be the king. In a case where you feel the differences are too great you would be doing yourself a favor and the church that you so desperately want to change by moving to a congregation that you stand in more agreement with. You can leave cordially and probably have a better relationship with the pastor than if you stayed (that part depends on which IFB).

This is weird. I never thought I would be defending the IFB. I don't doubt the sincerity of most IFB's including pastors.

I do. Why the reluctance?

They believe the Bible teaches the pastor is supposed to hold the ultimate authority in the church. I think in the early church it was probably not the case.

There is enough in this one sentence to lead you to question it. Is the teaching of the apostles your standard?

However, what right do I have to go into an IFB and insist that they toss out everything they hold as convictions and adopt what are my sincerely held "Biblical" convictions.

Your? Who said I was requiring my standard? I'm not..... I can tell what the Scriptures teach. They're are clear and to the point. What wiggle room do you get from the Scriptures to let people do whatever they want to do? Please provide the verse. I'd love to see it.

To some extent it sounds like you are not completely opposed to kings as long as you get to be the king.

Well. You're wrong. I'm anonymous for that very reason. I don't want anyone following me. I've repeatedly ask people to follow Jesus and the Scriptures. Confirm what I say with the Scriptures. I don't want any praise or glory. I don't want anyone's money. I don't want my own little kingdom. I tried that when I was much younger and foolish.

In a case where you feel the differences are too great you would be doing yourself a favor and the church that you so desperately want to change by moving to a congregation that you stand in more agreement with.

Where might that be? I can't even get you to recognize the times we live in. Did Jesus question if there would be any faith when He came? I mean you can read those words if you want to read them.....
Do you believe Jesus can arrive at any moment? Is there anything left to stop His appearance?

Can you make the logical connect between these two facts?

You can leave cordially and probably have a better relationship with the pastor than if you stayed (that part depends on which IFB).

Brother, it is difficult to discuss this with you because you refuse to admit the fact that the vast majority of those claiming Christ aren't called of God.

I KNOW.. how a pastor is chosen today. I've helped choose them. The average pastor just makes a claim such as "God called me"...... and then finds those whom he thinks will listen to him. He gets a job whether he is called or not. Which is why I sometimes call them "life coach".