Where should transgender folks go potty?

Billy

Elect
Reaction score
And how would you know if they are in the stall beside you.

Thanks,

Billy

They spritz their bowl with PooPourri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKLnhuzh9uY

To be honest, I think the best solution would be providing unisex bathroom facilities. Many stores have them already sometimes labeling them as "Family" bathrooms. Same concept - single room facility for a single user like in doctor's offices and small businesses. In this manner, there is no discrimination and limits potential issues.

That would be a solution. The problem is that the ADA requires a certain number of bathroom stalls for occupancy. This would be very restrictive for businesses.

So, the ADA needs to revise their restrictions... but that won't happen ;(

FSSL said:
That would be a solution. The problem is that the ADA requires a certain number of bathroom stalls for occupancy. This would be very restrictive for businesses.

If a certain number of them are installed within spec, should be alright I would imagine.

I heard recently a school in LA actually converted a bathroom to a "Transgendered Only" and it seems to have made everybody happy. They were happy to be away from the bullies in the regular bathrooms.

Correction:

ADA requires each stall to be a particular dimension.
ICC requires a particular number of these larger dimension bathrooms: http://publicecodes.cyberregs.com/icod/ibc/2012/icod_ibc_2012_29_sec002.htm

Billy said:

Thanks,

Billy

When you see the camera slide under the wall to photograph your granddaughter....at least that's how a guy in a Target last week found out!

You're welcome.
TB  :)

Smellin Coffee said:
FSSL said:

If a certain number of them are installed within spec, should be alright I would imagine.

I heard recently a school in LA actually converted a bathroom to a "Transgendered Only" and it seems to have made everybody happy. They were happy to be away from the bullies in the regular bathrooms.

That has been offered in other places and declined because it "marginalizes" the student.

Can anyone say AGENDA?

subllibrm said:
That has been offered in other places and declined because it "marginalizes" the student.

LOL.... as if the transgendered person really cares about being marginalized.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Billy said:

Thanks,

Billy

When you see the camera slide under the wall to photograph your granddaughter....at least that's how a guy in a Target last week found out!

You're welcome.

But those types have always been around.
I had a dude in a rest stop tried to play footsy with me..something about some code and tapping your foot.

Do you ever wonder how many of those auto flush sensors are actually camera's?

Was that person a transgender? And of course I'm not in favor of this latest stupidity just wondering where folks recommend transgender folks go pee.

And in answer to your question...I would no doubt be in jail if that happened to Annabelle.  :)

Billy

Don't you just go to the room that matches what you are wearing?

Skirts to the skirt room and pants to the pants room. That will make the IFBxers happy!

subllibrm said:
Don't you just go to the room that matches what you are wearing?

Skirts to the skirt room and pants to the pants room. That will make the IFBxers happy!

LOL...I believe that is what the trans folks are wanting.  Maybe they are TRANSx!

Billy

Billy said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Billy said:

Thanks,

Billy

You're welcome.

I had a dude in a rest stop tried to play footsy with me..something about some code and tapping your foot.

Was that person a transgender? And of course I'm not in favor of this latest stupidity just wondering where folks recommend transgender folks go pee.

And in answer to your question...I would no doubt be in jail if that happened to Annabelle.  :)

Billy

Frankly, I think the problem with this is not necessarily Transgenders per se...but perverts who will claim to self identify as transgender in order to get into the bathrooms and locker rooms.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Billy said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Billy said:

Thanks,

Billy

You're welcome.

Billy

Frankly, I think the problem with this is not necessarily Transgenders per se...but perverts who will claim to self identify as transgender in order to get into the bathrooms and locker rooms.

Agreed!

Not doing that. I support Target's policy. But if you object to it, not shopping there makes sense. Passing unnecessary laws does not!

Since we're being told transgenderism is a real thing and not just some fashionable cause celebre, then presumably there were transgendered people 10 years ago. Where did they go to the bathroom when there was no controversy over where they went to the bathroom?

Ransom said:
Since we're being told transgenderism is a real thing and not just some fashionable cause celebre, then presumably there were transgendered people 10 years ago. Where did they go to the bathroom when there was no controversy over where they went to the bathroom?
They went to whichever restroom they looked like, and went unnoticed.  And that was ok, no one cared. Now. places like NC make that illegal, and we have a big brouhaha.

Izdaari said:
They went to whichever restroom they looked like, and went unnoticed.

Well, therein lies the problem. You don't have to "look like" a woman anymore to be a woman. There are literally balding, bearded dudes going around calling themselves "transgender women." So what would your first-blush response be if you saw "Danielle" walking into the ladies' shower at the gym?

Ransom said:
Izdaari said:

Well, therein lies the problem. You don't have to "look like" a woman anymore to be a woman. There are literally balding, bearded dudes going around calling themselves "transgender women." So what would your first-blush response be if you saw "Danielle" walking into the ladies' shower at the gym?
That ain't no trans woman, that's a dude! For sure I wouldn't like it. But I don't think we need laws about it. The market can deal with it. There has to be a government policy too, but only for government buildings.

Ransom said:
Izdaari said:

My nephew has started this "I'm a transgender woman" stuff.  My first response was to tell him to lose the facial hair, then.  My second response (the one I took) was "pearls before swine" and let it sit.
But seriously if your Facebook page identifies you as transgender and identifying as female, but your picture looks like you're auditioning for ZZ Top...?
Anyway, if I find out how that works out for him/her, I'll let you know...