Where should transgender folks go potty?

Izdaari said:
Ransom said:
Izdaari said:
They went to whichever restroom they looked like, and went unnoticed.

Well, therein lies the problem. You don't have to "look like" a woman anymore to be a woman. There are literally balding, bearded dudes going around calling themselves "transgender women." So what would your first-blush response be if you saw "Danielle" walking into the ladies' shower at the gym?
That ain't no trans woman, that's a dude! For sure I wouldn't like it. But I don't think we need laws about it. The market can deal with it. There has to be a government policy too, but only for government buildings.

You just summarized the NC law as to transgender use of bathrooms.

I wish the transgender community would not press their morality on the rest of us.

Tim said:
I don't know. Are they?

Suppose you're a businessman or building owner who has to spend time and money making changes to policy or the physical layout of your space in order to accommodate a newly created class of persons. Yes, that is the very definition of imposition.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Izdaari said:
Ransom said:
Izdaari said:
They went to whichever restroom they looked like, and went unnoticed.

Well, therein lies the problem. You don't have to "look like" a woman anymore to be a woman. There are literally balding, bearded dudes going around calling themselves "transgender women." So what would your first-blush response be if you saw "Danielle" walking into the ladies' shower at the gym?
That ain't no trans woman, that's a dude! For sure I wouldn't like it. But I don't think we need laws about it. The market can deal with it. There has to be a government policy too, but only for government buildings.

You just summarized the NC law as to transgender use of bathrooms.
If it actually did that, it would be fine. But it makes it illegal for a trans woman who actually looks like a woman to use the lady's room.  Or for a trans man who actually looks like a man to use the men's room.

If they actually look like a woman and a man, then who would ever know?

ChBW7LvW0AEDYOJ.jpg

FSSL said:
Exactly!  I'm sure they've been doing in now for a while anyway...

Unless NC starts having a "Show Me Yours" station at all the bathrooms, it's going to be kind of hard to enforce.

FreeToBeMe said:
FSSL said:

Unless NC starts having a "Show Me Yours" station at all the bathrooms, it's going to be kind of hard to enforce.

Which means we have unnecessary legislation.

Remember, the law was made to keep perverts out; but being perverts, the law doesn't matter to them anyway.

Smellin Coffee said:

Remember, the law was made to keep perverts out; but being perverts, the law doesn't matter to them anyway.
I don't honestly believe that perverts were legally allowed in bathrooms of the opposite sex before the new law.  So yeah, if this law was made for that, it's unnecessary legislation.

Now, if this new law would allow me to legally beat the crap out of a pervert who went in to the bathroom while my wife or daughter was in there.....I'm all for it. 

FreeToBeMe said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I don't honestly believe that perverts were legally allowed in bathrooms of the opposite sex before the new law.  So yeah, if this law was made for that, it's unnecessary legislation.

Now, if this new law would allow me to legally beat the crap out of a pervert who went in to the bathroom while my wife or daughter was in there.....I'm all for it.

Actually, the law was made because of what transpired behind this brouhaha. The big, bad state made it a law that local municipalities could not make local laws protecting discriminatory actions based on age and sexual orientation. Suits against companies for "wrongful termination due to agism" were dropped because companies state-wide are now allowed to discriminate against age. (To his credit, McCrory is now working to reverse that piece of legislation, but he still refuses to adjust allowing a person to be fired because of sexual orientation.) It was a "big government" move by the Republican state to stop the potential laws of Democratic municipalities.

Smellin Coffee said:
Which means we have unnecessary legislation. Remember, the law was made to keep perverts out; but being perverts, the law doesn't matter to them anyway.

Transgenders initiated this at the local level. They wanted existing common sense factors over-turned.

Identifying a room as accessible by a particular gender, supported by one's DNA is not discrimination.

So, they brought this on, got a sexual predator to help them get it started... voila!

Billy said:
And how would you know if they are in the stall beside you.

Thanks,

Billy

The NBA favors transgender restrooms. If a 7' tall transgender is in the stall next to your wife, do you think she will know it?

FSSL said:
Exactly! And that was the status quo ante before they started passing unnecessary and intrusive laws. Yeah, I know Charlotte started it. But instead of going off half-cocked with a state override, fight it in Charlotte!

FreeToBeMe said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I'm pretty sure it won't unless said perv actually attacks someone. And if he does, and I'm in there. I'll beat the crap out of him myself. I'm not waiting for a man, much less fit, with much less training, to do it for me.

Sign of the times!

Jesus is coming soon!

FSSL said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Which means we have unnecessary legislation. Remember, the law was made to keep perverts out; but being perverts, the law doesn't matter to them anyway.

Transgenders initiated this at the local level. They wanted existing common sense factors over-turned.

Identifying a room as accessible by a particular gender, supported by one's DNA is not discrimination.

So, they brought this on, got a sexual predator to help them get it started... voila!

So in the end, you support statism over the will of the people assuming the will of the state supports your belief, even if it goes against the majority. Got it.

It is better to obey God rather than man.

I will protect my daughters (safety & privacy) even when if the State will not.

Smellin Coffee said:
FreeToBeMe said:
FSSL said:

You're speaking of the idiotic law passed by Charlotte's Council, I assume!

Smellin Coffee said:
FSSL said:
Smellin Coffee said:

So in the end, you support statism over the will of the people assuming the will of the state supports your belief, even if it goes against the majority. Got it.

You're speaking of the marriage ordinance/amendment overwhelmingly passed by the people of our state, which was overturned!

Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
FSSL said:
Smellin Coffee said:

You're speaking of the marriage ordinance/amendment overwhelmingly passed by the people of our state, which was overturned!

BINGO...same in South Carolina.
The Supreme Court of course was well within their right to declare all the defense of traditional marriage laws unconstitutional even though they went against the will of the people in those states.

Billy