While Nobody Was Paying Attention...

I think with the Hyles crowd, HAC provides a common bond they can all relate to. A past they all care share. When they all get together they know they generally agree on position and standards.

We all share a bond in Christ but as we all know Christians come in all flavors and may look nothing like the Christianity they embrace. We all have clubs and organizations in which we feel at home. I see nothing wrong with this.

WCBC Youth Conference cost is too high along with expensive flight tickets to LAX in addition to an extremely packed out auditorium where late coming churches have to sit in the overflow room.

TheRealJonStewart said:
WCBC Youth Conference cost is too high along with expensive flight tickets to LAX in addition to an extremely packed out auditorium where late coming churches have to sit in the overflow room.

Then....don't go.

sword said:
I think with the Hyles crowd, HAC provides a common bond they can all relate to. A past they all care share. When they all get together they know they generally agree on position and standards.

We all share a bond in Christ but as we all know Christians come in all flavors and may look nothing like the Christianity they embrace. We all have clubs and organizations in which we feel at home. I see nothing wrong with this.

Well it seems like certain groups think they are the only true believers, true church, etc.

I think this was much more prominent at FBC in the pre-2000 time frame. Is this still a thing there? I don't know if JS kept it going but I doubt JW tries to foster that way of thinking like prior pastors did.

bgwilkinson said:
sword said:

Well it seems like certain groups think they are the only true believers, true church, etc.

TheRealJonStewart said:

I don't, I was merely pointing out a possible reason why people are looking for a different conference.

The church I attend went for the first time.....I went with the teens since hubby and I help work in the  teen department.  The kids and other workers enjoyed it and are hoping to go again next year......