Why Do Calvinists Think They Have Superior Theology?

Calvinists who do not shsre the gospel with others are identified as hypercalvinists, right?

Example 1: John Gill had the largest congregation, growing due to the spread of the gospel in his ministry. So much so, he had to build even a bigger church. Thousands came to know Jesus through his ministry.

No offense, looking for more technical clarity and specificity, but plenty of people don't share the gospel. Many are just lazy, lol. He convictionally didn't believe in the free offer of the gospel, right?

As to your pragmatic reasoning that he had a large growing congregation, I would say it is theoretically possible that in such a case correlation doesn't equal causation, but I'm willing to hear you piece it together for me as to how his approach to spreading the gospel led to the growth.

So, you pray exactly like a Calvinist would. God's will be done. You never pray for God to limit his sovereignty so that man's free will can have some access to salvation do you?
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

That Man should freely choose Him, IS His Will.

In the Millennium, God will enforce His Sovereignty to a much higher degree, than He does pre-Mil.
When you said this...
He is not going to act more sovereignly in the future.

Then you started in about the so-called free will of man.

The logical conclusion I could understand from your post is that God limits His sovereignty to allow for man to act on his free will.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

That Man should freely choose Him, IS His Will.

I track with what you're putting down, and essentially agree with that perspective, but (there's always one of those ;)) when I pray (for instance, a loved one that I personally desperately want to be saved) I don't mind thinking in the Calvinistic notion of "God, zap them, even against their will, please". 😁

I've been preaching this for decades:
The Apostles didn:t pray for God to save people, they prayed for boldness to speak His Word.

If God is not willing that any should perish, and yet broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many that perish.....than it stands to perfect reason, that God allows for man's will.

When you said this...
He is not going to act more sovereignly in the future.

Then you started in about the so-called free will of man.

The logical conclusion I could understand from your post is that God limits His sovereignty to allow for man to act on his free will.
"He is not going to act more sovereignly in the future."
Was this a misquote of me?
Or were you interjecting this?

The Apostles didn:t pray for God to save people, they prayed for boldness to speak His Word.
"Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved" (Romans 10:1)

What did Paul mean, if not that he was praying to God for people to be saved?

Right now, the rain falls on the just and the unjust.
In the Millennium, God will withhold rain.
Ie, sovereignty more fully enforced.
This^^^^ is what I mean, by what I say.
If there is simply a disagreement over terminology, Sola Scriptura:

Matthew 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Acts 14:15-17
And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.
Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

"Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved" (Romans 10:1)

What did Paul mean, if not that he was praying to God for people to be saved?
Paul, later, "ahhh, let those Jews go to hell"....basically.
Didn't work out, did it?

No offense, looking for more technical clarity and specificity, but plenty of people don't share the gospel. Many are just lazy, lol. He convictionally didn't believe in the free offer of the gospel, right?

As to your pragmatic reasoning that he had a large growing congregation, I would say it is theoretically possible that in such a case correlation doesn't equal causation, but I'm willing to hear you piece it together for me as to how his approach to spreading the gospel led to the growth.
You need more technical clarity than "his congregation grew because of the spread of the gospel?" Gills congregation grew because of conversion growth.

The pragmatic approach is what IFBs typically do... transfer members from other churches to grow.

Is this enough to convince you?

Would it shock you to learn that I pray for God to lead me to those He has predestined? So I don't waste time preaching the Gospel to those who will not believe?
God in His mercy, has me preach to them as well, but I look forward to the pre-arranged meetings. They go so well, and end in happy tears, with a Brother gained.

Would have worked out better if you hadn't just made it up.
I made up something, that caused Paul to give up on evangelizing the Jews?
Breathe. It's just Tuesday evening.

Would it shock you to learn that I pray for God to lead me to those He has predestined? So I don't waste time preaching the Gospel to those who will not believe?
God in His mercy, has me preach to them as well, but I look forward to the pre-arranged meetings. They go so well, and end in happy tears, with a Brother gained.
Just like Paul! Like I said: "Everyone prays like a Calvinist. No kne prays like an Arminian."

Just like Paul! Like I said: "Everyone prays like a Calvinist. No kne prays like an Arminian."
Speaking of prayer: God answered yours, and had me show up to generate some interest in worn out threads...
😜