Why Do Calvinists Think They Have Superior Theology?

You don't believe that Paul's Countrymen were his worst enemies after that?
That they caused trouble, counter-proselytized, and usually beat or tried to kill Paul?
I call that:"Not working out"!!!

Acts 18:5-6
And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ. And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Acts 18:5-6
And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ. And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
OK . . . so when you said Paul henceforth said to let the Jews go to hell, you made it up. Thank you for confirming that.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

That Man should freely choose Him, IS His Will.
As for the Second Peter reference...clearly in reference to the days of Noah.

Once the last of the family of grace entered the Ark (the Covenant [Chrtist]), the Door (Christ), was shut.

And Judgment came.

This world abides till the last of the Elect enters Christ. Then then the End will come.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

That Man should freely choose Him, IS His Will.
To whom is Peter addressing?

The phrase "Longsuffering to us-ward" is speaking of who?

How does "Longsuffering to us-ward" correlate with "Not willing that any should perish?"

Compare 2 Pet 3:9 with the following verse:

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

When you said this...
He is not going to act more sovereignly in the future.

Then you started in about the so-called free will of man.

The logical conclusion I could understand from your post is that God limits His sovereignty to allow for man to act on his free will.
It truly does sound like he's saying this....God NEVER gives up his Sovereignty or he wouldn't be God. He ALLOWS things, but that doesn't mean he gives up his Sovereignty over anything.

Just like Paul! Like I said: "Everyone prays like a Calvinist. No kne prays like an Arminian."
Care to explain that more fully? If you mean that they say, "Have you will and your way," then, yes, they DO pray like a Calvinist in your eyes....or is it that they pray BIBLICALLY? Calvinism has nothing to do with what type of prayers people pray.

Care to explain that more fully? If you mean that they say, "Have you will and your way," then, yes, they DO pray like a Calvinist in your eyes....or is it that they pray BIBLICALLY? Calvinism has nothing to do with what type of prayers people pray.
When you pray for for the salvation of other people, you pray like this

Calvinist-style
1) God please give me an opportunity to share your Word and pleas euse it to bring understanding and significance to [. ]
2) please work in [. ] heart to prepare him for the gospel
3) God, please save [. ]

Arminian-style
1) Give [. ] enough freewill to acccept your word
2) God, I am going to save [. ] today

When you pray for for the salvation of other people, you pray like this

Calvinist-style
1) God please give me an opportunity to share your Word and pleas euse it to bring understanding and significance to [. ]
2) please work in [. ] heart to prepare him for the gospel
3) God, please save [. ]

Arminian-style
1) Give [. ] enough freewill to acccept your word
2) God, I am going to save [. ] today
Sorry, but, that again is a misrepresentation of the prayers of Arminians. I can understand fully why they are so against Calvinism. There is a constant misrepresentation of their beliefs. Sad...and DIVISIVE to say the least. They pray the same as the Calvinists. Get over your antagonistic attitudes towards the brethren.

Boom! You got my point.
No one prays like an Arminian.

Take a breather and try to read my posts without the antagonism.
Praying that same doesn't make them sympathetic or accepting of the Calvinist position. We both know this...so why make a point of posting something so divisive and antagonistic? Are you SURE you're not eKKK's twin brother from another mother? LOL

The point was neither divisive nor antagonistic. The point is, everyone knows who is in control of one's salvation.

Arminian Theology doesn't translate well in our prayer life or mission purposes. It's causes for long, drawn out debates but deep down, no one would be so bold to practice it in their prayer life.

The point was neither divisive nor antagonistic. The point is, everyone knows who is in control of one's salvation.

Arminian Theology doesn't translate well in our prayer life or mission purposes. It's causes for long, drawn out debates but deep down, no one would be so bold to practice it in their prayer life.
You're basically saying the prayers of Arminians, if they DID pray that way, would be useless. How careless of you. Ever hear of the Spirit interpreting when one doesn't know how to pray or what to pray? The long, drawn our debates are usually because of arrogance on either side. It has nothing to do with one side or the other being right, which cannot be settled, and won't be settled in our lifetime, but in eternity.

Speaking of the IFB SemiPelagianist 4.5 point Arminians, i have never heard them pray the way they believe.

Ransom used the phrase “compatibilist” earlier in this thread regarding choice, qualifying it by saying God is in control of salvation, but as you caricature Arminian prayer it should be noted that such humor precludes the real notion that the compatibilistic complexity of salvation is actually only vaguely understood by both the Cal and the Arminian. It’s just that most Christians view their (at times errant or incomplete) prayers in light of God’s perfect, righteous, and merciful nature when they present their petitions to Him, ie, faith.

There’s no such thing as intelligible language.