Why does Toyota think they have such Superior Technology?

Starlifter

Elect
Reaction score
B/C it doesn't take much to be better than Ford, Chevy and Dodge?

We have a 2013 Camry and a 2013 F-150. Can't say one is better than the other. Of course, that's comparing apples with oranges.

My wife drives a Toyota "Rab Pour" (If you are around Filipinos much, you will understand). One of my kids drives a Scion and another drives a Toyota Corolla. My youngest drives a Honda Civic, and I drive a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4. With all my cars parked at my house, it becomes quite evident that a multi-generational Asian family lives here and the one 'Cano in the group obviously spent some time in the Military! :cool:

I could really use a Toyota Hiace to haul this crew around!

My daughter lives in Nashville and drives a Kia Sportage because she wouldn't listen to the advice of her stepmother!:LOL:
Family.jpg

My wife drives a Toyota "Rab Pour" (If you are around Filipinos much, you will understand).
🤣🤣🤣

I understand perfectly.

We had a divisional CC while I was in San Diego who was Filipino and spoke with a thick accent. He was HILARIOUS! He'd bark orders we couldn't understand then yell at us, "Can't you unnastan pwane ingwish, wee-kwooooot!!" 🤣🤣🤣

My wife has always wanted a Jeep. Her car was totaled back in October and I found a 2018 JLU Sport S for a good price. I'm really liking it. I don't think I'll go crazy with mods though (famous last words).
I have a JL. I’ve done a couple mods but nothing crazy. It can get pretty expensive and I like fishing too much to put big bucks into my Jeep. 😬

I used to be a Jeep man. Had a CJ-7 for a good number of years. My ex-wife decided to purchase one of those new Wranglers after our divorce which I thought were pretty cool but the more I read about them, the less impressed I became plus they are pretty much a Chrysler product now with all the service issues and crappy customer service from any dealership.

I got a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder that I may build upon this next year with a lift, big tires, and some other goodies to make it suitable for getting out in remote places for surf fishing among other things. The Xterra is actually the model to have with the live rear axle but I like having the third seat with my large brood! :LOL:

🤣🤣🤣

I understand perfectly.

We had a divisional CC while I was in San Diego who was Filipino and spoke with a thick accent. He was HILARIOUS! He'd bark orders we couldn't understand then yell at us, "Can't you unnastan pwane ingwish, wee-kwooooot!!" 🤣🤣🤣
You never want to get on the bad side of those Filipino Chiefs! You also don't want to get on my wife's bad side!:cool:

You never want to get on the bad side of those Filipino Chiefs! You also don't want to get on my wife's bad side!:cool:
I've heard what happens to sailors with Filipino girlfriends who discover the sailor met a girl in another port...😬😵

I used to be a Jeep man. Had a CJ-7 for a good number of years. My ex-wife decided to purchase one of those new Wranglers after our divorce which I thought were pretty cool but the more I read about them, the less impressed I became plus they are pretty much a Chrysler product now with all the service issues and crappy customer service from any dealership.

I got a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder that I may build upon this next year with a lift, big tires, and some other goodies to make it suitable for getting out in remote places for surf fishing among other things. The Xterra is actually the model to have with the live rear axle but I like having the third seat with my large brood! :LOL:
I love the look of the old CJs. My wife’s uncle has one and recently got it completely remodeled with a new top, interior, etc. It looks great. If I had the money, I’d buy a second Jeep like that model

I like the arrangement we have, a Toyota sedan and a Ford pickup. We plan to keep what we have for quite a while. If we ever have to buy again, I see us staying with the same kind of rigs we currently have.

I like the arrangement we have, a Toyota sedan and a Ford pickup. We plan to keep what we have for quite a while. If we ever have to buy again, I see us staying with the same kind of rigs we currently have.
I had an OBS F-150. 1993 with a gas sucking 5.8 and 4WD. Big pile of rust that left a big puddle of oil every time I parked it! put quite a bit of time and effort into getting it fixed up replacing the front main seal and pretty much everything else up front! Also had the transmission and transfer case rebuilt. I kind of miss having something to "Wrench on" but the wife was adamant about getting that stinky, leaking thing out of her garage so I sold it to one of my nephews for $2,000 and his AR-15 rifle of which his mother was very happy about! :LOL:

I had an OBS F-150. 1993 with a gas sucking 5.8 and 4WD. Big pile of rust that left a big puddle of oil every time I parked it! put quite a bit of time and effort into getting it fixed up replacing the front main seal and pretty much everything else up front! Also had the transmission and transfer case rebuilt. I kind of miss having something to "Wrench on" but the wife was adamant about getting that stinky, leaking thing out of her garage so I sold it to one of my nephews for $2,000 and his AR-15 rifle of which his mother was very happy about! :LOL:
TBH, we just put a bunch of money into our F-150 as well. Mine is the 3.5L "Eco"-Boost. It's not bad on gas mileage as long as you're not pushing it too hard. (A good tail wind helps.) But pulling our camper gets prohibitively expensive with gas prices being what they are.

My wife has always wanted a Jeep. Her car was totaled back in October and I found a 2018 JLU Sport S for a good price. I'm really liking it. I don't think I'll go crazy with mods though (famous last words).
One bit of advice - be careful about adding lifts, and if you do, make sure you don’t cut corners. Once you add a lift, it throws the equilibrium of the entire vehicle off, and a lot of “extras” have to also be replaced to compensate for the height difference. You also have to check with your auto insurance because many only allow up to a 2” lift without you having to fork out extra liability on the vehicle.

TBH, we just put a bunch of money into our F-150 as well. Mine is the 3.5L "Eco"-Boost. It's not bad on gas mileage as long as you're not pushing it too hard. (A good tail wind helps.) But pulling our camper gets prohibitively expensive with gas prices being what they are.
The gas mileage with my Pathfinder really sucks but the 4.0 V6 has surprisingly good towing ability. I trailered my daughter's car behind it and was averaging around 14 MPG when I helped her move to Nashville.

The gas mileage with my Pathfinder really sucks but the 4.0 V6 has surprisingly good towing ability. I trailered my daughter's car behind it and was averaging around 14 MPG when I helped her move to Nashville.
My Tacoma gets 16-18 on a good day with a tail wind, around town. Highway you might see 20MPG, but I do have the 4WD, 4.0 litre, double cab version.

One bit of advice - be careful about adding lifts, and if you do, make sure you don’t cut corners. Once you add a lift, it throws the equilibrium of the entire vehicle off, and a lot of “extras” have to also be replaced to compensate for the height difference. You also have to check with your auto insurance because many only allow up to a 2” lift without you having to fork out extra liability on the vehicle.
No plans on lifting it. It's my wife's daily driver and most likely will never see off-road (intentionally).
On the other extreme, I lowered my 2010 Camaro and wish I hadn't done that (at least not as much as I did). It's a daily driver too, and I do most of the wrenching on it. I can't get a jack under it - have to drive up on ramps 1st.

My dad was a Ford man, and while I think their truck is pretty good, generally speaking after that I’m not much into anything Ford other than the Mustang maybe and some versions of the Taurus like the SHO. I tend to drive and buy GM products, but that’s mostly because I have a financial incentive built into my GM credit card. I drive a long bed Silverado. I came to that from a Silverado extended cab. I miss that extra space for seating, but when I have a truck, I usually want to work with it not putter around.

As far as the jeep thing goes, yeah, I’m a jeep guy. My wife has driven a grand Cherokee now for the last 20 years, and my first two trucks were a J10 and J20. I also had an 86 grand Wagoneer that I used as a snow plow truck. Interestingly, enough, I had let it sit around in my driveway for the last 10 years broken down, but as a hopeful, someday restoration project. Once I realize that wasn’t going to happen to the various reasons I decided to sell it. It had an electrical short and was a rust bucket, but all the running gear, engine, transmission, and stuff was still good. I was willing to let go of it for $550 and didn’t get hardly a sniff through my advertisements so I decided I would give it one last chance to sell by parting it out before I trailer it up and drove it to the junkyard. Watt would not sell as a whole for 550 suddenly brought almost $2000 in less than three weeks lol! I sure would like a new one of those Grand Wagoneer‘s, but I don’t wanna have to sell my house in order to live in a vehicle😁