Why does Toyota think they have such Superior Technology?

My wife and I have had many cars over the past 40 years....Chevy Malibu when we got married. We have had many Ford LTD's, several Lincoln Continentals, two Cadillacs, several more Chevy products ranging from a Lumina to a Citation when we were in college in Illinois, then several other GMC products. When we moved to Tennessee, we ended up with an Aries K Car for several years, then moved into a Hyundai Sonata, a Nissan Sentra (which actually saved my wife's life), and back to Ford...a 2011 Ford Edge Sport, then a 2016 Ford Explorer and a 2004 Ford F-150 4WD 4DR short bed Lariat pickup. The Lord has been good to us. We've always had success with Ford. My dad was a Ford man.

My wife and I have had many cars over the past 40 years....Chevy Malibu when we got married. We have had many Ford LTD's, several Lincoln Continentals, two Cadillacs, several more Chevy products ranging from a Lumina to a Citation when we were in college in Illinois, then several other GMC products. When we moved to Tennessee, we ended up with an Aries K Car for several years, then moved into a Hyundai Sonata, a Nissan Sentra (which actually saved my wife's life), and back to Ford...a 2011 Ford Edge Sport, then a 2016 Ford Explorer and a 2004 Ford F-150 4WD 4DR short bed Lariat pickup. The Lord has been good to us. We've always had success with Ford. My dad was a Ford man.
I pretty much became a "Ford" man in the midst of the "Great Recession" when General Motors got bailed out and became "Government Motors!" My Cadillac "Money Pit" broke down for the last time in front of a Ford Dealership so I traded it for a Ford Escape which lasted me over 200,000 miles before I traded it for our "Rab Pour" being that I had already assimilated into my adopted "Asian" culture! :ROFLMAO:

I pretty much became a "Ford" man in the midst of the "Great Recession" when General Motors got bailed out and became "Government Motors!" My Cadillac "Money Pit" broke down for the last time in front of a Ford Dealership so I traded it for a Ford Escape which lasted me over 200,000 miles before I traded it for our "Rab Pour" being that I had already assimilated into my adopted "Asian" culture! :ROFLMAO:
I've never owned a Cadillac but I've driven a few. The older ones, early 60s models, were ok... nothing to brag about... the last Cadillac I drove was a midsized model that was less than 10 years old and it was a POJ. I drove a Lincoln Town Car that was 15 years old at the time and outwardly, it looked like it had seen better days but it was the smoothest running car. It was an old school Town Car, nothing midsized about it but it had plenty of power and despite it's size, it turned on a dime.

The church I was going to at the time had a van with a 460 in it. That thing could haul booty!

My F-150 does about the same work that my old Dodge 3/4 ton with a 318 did. My F-150 has always been a smooth running rig.

I've never owned a Cadillac but I've driven a few. The older ones, early 60s models, were ok... nothing to brag about... the last Cadillac I drove was a midsized model that was less than 10 years old and it was a POJ. I drove a Lincoln Town Car that was 15 years old at the time and outwardly, it looked like it had seen better days but it was the smoothest running car. It was an old school Town Car, nothing midsized about it but it had plenty of power and despite it's size, it turned on a dime.

The church I was going to at the time had a van with a 460 in it. That thing could haul booty!

My F-150 does about the same work that my old Dodge 3/4 ton with a 318 did. My F-150 has always been a smooth running rig.
I bought a nine year old XTS Platinum 2 years ago. It’s a long convoluted story, but it involved thinking that my son was going to actually embrace getting his drivers license. I bought the XTS after doing lots of car searching with him and coming to realize that he was fairly apathetic about the process, so I got something that I knew I would like to drive if he didn’t come around. Well, in the course of time it became clear that he wasn’t going to get his license anytime soon and as much as I enjoyed the XTS experience it began to show symptoms of a transmission issue that is well known in that car so I traded it in in a Genesis G90. Best riding car that I’ve had ever in 30+ years of driving, with possibly the exception of a 77 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme that was my second car. I paid $400 for that when I bought it from my cousin. I didn’t get quite as good a deal on the G90.😁

I bought a nine year old XTS Platinum 2 years ago. It’s a long convoluted story, but it involved thinking that my son was going to actually embrace getting his drivers license. I bought the XTS after doing lots of car searching with him and coming to realize that he was fairly apathetic about the process, so I got something that I knew I would like to drive if he didn’t come around. Well, in the course of time it became clear that he wasn’t going to get his license anytime soon
This lack of interest in driving is actually becoming very common among today’s young people. My kid is still a few years away, so I don’t know how it’ll go in my household, but I know I’ve had more than one friend with kids a little older who just don’t care anything about driving. I can recall the same being true with my siblings (who are quite a few years younger than me). I (and every friend I had), were the complete opposite and couldn’t wait for the freedom of driving. It’s a strange phenomenon. This article basically blames social media for the problem, and I think that’s probably very true. https://alphamom.com/parenting/teens-dont-want-drivers-licenses-anymore/

This lack of interest in driving is actually becoming very common among today’s young people. My kid is still a few years away, so I don’t know how it’ll go in my household, but I know I’ve had more than one friend with kids a little older who just don’t care anything about driving. I can recall the same being true with my siblings (who are quite a few years younger than me). I (and every friend I had), were the complete opposite and couldn’t wait for the freedom of driving. It’s a strange phenomenon. This article basically blames social media for the problem, and I think that’s probably very true. https://alphamom.com/parenting/teens-dont-want-drivers-licenses-anymore/
That article was a little helpful in explaining why teens these days are reluctant to get their license but it still perplexes me to no end trying to understand the lack of desire for autonomy and freedom. I became a parent late in the process and have witnessed an awful lot of other parents go through this same weird phenomenon. Like you, I don’t remember a single buddy of my youth not anxiously awaiting the earliest possible moment they would be eligible to get their license. The kid is about to go off to college and a city of nigh 1million, without legal means of locomotion, and don’t seem to give a flip.🤪

We've got two nephews (my wife's sister's boys) who neither one drives, and they're both in their mid-30s. They've shown NO INTEREST in driving. We hate seeing everyone driving them around, but, hey, we don't have to do it. ;)

We've got two nephews (my wife's sister's boys) who neither one drives, and they're both in their mid-30s. They've shown NO INTEREST in driving. We hate seeing everyone driving them around, but, hey, we don't have to do it. ;)
That’s crazy!

That article was a little helpful in explaining why teens these days are reluctant to get their license but it still perplexes me to no end trying to understand the lack of desire for autonomy and freedom. I became a parent late in the process and have witnessed an awful lot of other parents go through this same weird phenomenon. Like you, I don’t remember a single buddy of my youth not anxiously awaiting the earliest possible moment they would be eligible to get their license. The kid is about to go off to college and a city of nigh 1million, without legal means of locomotion, and don’t seem to give a flip.🤪
Hmmm. No one had the GUTS to teach me how to drive till I was 19. It's a long story that includes a wrecked VW. 😔 I first got my license in early '84 and three years later got a class A CDL. (I still hold a class B CDL)

Whenever Mrs. acaines and I go anywhere, she wants me to drive. Usually, that's not a problem. However, if we're on a road trip and I'm tired, it's like pulling teeth to get her to drive for a couple hours. She's a good driver but it just makes her a nervous wreck.

That’s crazy!
I fully agree. Their momma didn't learn to drive until she was in her 30s. I had a little sister who didn't drive until her mid-20s. I started driving when I was 9 years old.

You're not helping my anxiety. ;)

I've got time. :)
I was living with my sister during my adolescent years. At the time, we had a '71 VW Bus. She'd let me drive it on back roads or on our property. Then one day, I veered off the road on our property, panicked and took out a small section of the neighbor's fence. Mind you, I was going less than 5mph, so the damage wasn't much but that was the last time I drove that rig. In 1979, I was allowed to ride a small motorcycle on some back roads. I took a turn a bit too fast but that was okay... I had a nice barbed wire fence to stop me. By the time I was old enough to get my learner's permit, I was living with my mother and there was no way she was going to teach me how to drive. At 16, I moved to Idaho where kids could get day licenses at 14. My other sister whom I was living with had no interest in teaching me to drive till our mother died and I inherited her '67 VW Bug. I soon had my permit and was learning how to drive. One day, I went on a trip with a "friend". I was strictly instructed not to drive; the "friend" who had a license was to do all of the driving. Do you think two teenagers with a car are going to follow directions? Well, the inevitable happened, and I wrecked Mom's car. I SHOULD HAVE DIED. It was that bad of a wreck. Fortunately, a sprained ankle and some scrapes were the extent of my injuries. As you can imagine, that was the end of my driving lessons until I got to my first duty station in the Navy. I called a driving school and had six lessons at $20 each. That was in February of '84.