Why I am Not a King James Only Advocate

logos1560

Elect
Reaction score
Lantz, Charles. Why I am Not a King James Only Advocate: An Apologetic for the Faith. Ovid, MI: Sophia's House Publications, 2019.

On the back cover, the following is the first sentence: "This book provides answers to those who claim that the King James Version is the only legitimate word of God for English speaking people."

On the back cover, this is also stated: "This book will explore KJVO material that is replete with colossal illogical arguments of the indefensible King James Only position."

Charles Lantz wrote: "The KJVO are guilty of starting with an 'a priori' assumption that the TR is the GOLD STANDARD of Greek text, and the KJV as THE English version" (p. 380).

Lantz, Charles. Why I am Not a King James Only Advocate: An Apologetic for the Faith. Ovid, MI: Sophia's House Publications, 2019.

On the back cover, the following is the first sentence: "This book provides answers to those who claim that the King James Version is the only legitimate word of God for English speaking people."

On the back cover, this is also stated: "This book will explore KJVO material that is replete with colossal illogical arguments of the indefensible King James Only position."

Charles Lantz wrote: "The KJVO are guilty of starting with an 'a priori' assumption that the TR is the GOLD STANDARD of Greek text, and the KJV as THE English version" (p. 380).
I'll say it Before anyone else has a chance to say it. Obviously the writer is part of the vast Alexandrian cult.

I looked up the author on Amazon. Seems to cover a lot of theological issues in his books and his Doctorate is real.

and his Doctorate is real.

He has a REAL DOCTORATE? Now you know everything he says MUST BE RIGHT.

Call up all the trailer trash metalheads, it's time to ....

We found a smart guy to tell us what to think so we don't have to!

[a) Watch your language.
b) Do not rewrite my moderation or remove my comments again. First and only warning - Ransom]

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT IT'S LIKE STUMBLING IN ON FFF FOR THE FIRST TIME:

"Oh... You thought it was a FUNDAMENTAL Forum? Heh. Heheh. We have other ways of edifying each other besides that outdated Bible of yours."

Charles Lantz wrote: "Most KJVO start with a little evidence (at least an ounce) and produce a pound of presumption" (p. 268).

Have you read it? Is it worth reading?

Yes, I have read it. I consider it to be worth reading.

There are two editions of this book: the longer one that I read and an abridged edition.

LOL! This discourse reminds me of the family who hates each other but gets together at Christmas.

Doesn't take much to distract the UGC Wonder Twins, does it?

It's like ringing a bell in front of Pavlov's dog.

Insult St. Petey *ring ring* and they drool all over the forum, instantly forgetting they're supposed to be covering for the fact they know nothing, and basically advertising their complete lack of substance.

They're a joke.

How is this guy a moderator?

Does somebody want to explain the poor management of this forum to me? Is anyone here qualified to lead this place?

It's a FUNDAMENTAL Baptist Forum, by name, and you let kids like this run rampant and insult dead men of God who contributed massively to this very movement.

Meanwhile you have no clue about Bible doctrine, half of your threads are attacking the Bible, the other half the IFB, while defending fringe famous guys like John MacArthur, not even knowing if there's a difference between Calvinism and Dispensationalism, when John Calvin himself was Amillennial and Post-millennial at times.

What in the world is going on here. You guys should get a Fundamental Pastor or trained man of God to admin here and keep reckless goons like Ransom in check.
Read through dead Petey's books. He made a living off of insulting men of God. I've not seen anyone defending John MacArthur. I know you want to make it an either or. Either you follow Pete or your part of the great Calvinistic Mega Church conspiracy, but those are not the only two options.

No, dead Petey did not make a stand for or defend the word of God. In his booklet "A Survey of the Authorized Version" Dead Petey said, "I told a fellow one time 'If I had the originals right here in my pulpit tonight, I wouldn't teach them to you' - and I meant it. If I was over in that room and an angel of the Lord came down in that room and said, 'Here, Brother Pete, here are the original manuscripts.' Do you know what I'd teach you when I came over here tonight? Just what I got on the table. . . . If you only had the originals, you'd still be as blind as a bat. You couldn't find out anything."

Dead Petey blatantly rejected the authority of the word of God, saying that if an angel provided him with the original manuscripts of the Word of God, then he would reject them. Dead Petey was a notorious heretic. I reject the lordship of Dead Petey and I refuse to bow the knee to Baal. I have always considered myself a good fundamentalist, but if worship of Dead Petey is what fundamentalism is all about and a test of fellowship, then I have to disassociate myself from that brand of fundamentalism. Thankfully, there are still many true fundamentalists who are not Dead Petey worshippers.

You'll be dead one day too.

No, he made a living off of

1. Refining the doctrine of Dispensationalism in between Classical Dispensationalism and Mid-Acts Dispensationalism
2. Applying Dispensationalism through the lens of a Covenantal understanding
3. Making a stand for and defending the word of God

You make a living by being an amateur beta male loser and spend your free time coming onto forums to attack the word of God, then you back up and say "Oh, no, no, I use the Bible too" as if that covers your tracks. You are what's wrong with Christendom.

Ruckman didn't call out and mark heretics enough, just look at how many of them are running around unchecked, even on a Fundamental Baptist forum. And you wonder why the great apostasy in the 1st world has gotten so bad. It's idiots like you who are causing people to doubt the word of God and making snide, passive-aggressive, girly comments with your buddies to try and marginalize and make fun of anyone who actually reads and believes the word of God.

You overcomplicate things like a little girl. If you're a Christian, believe the Bible. Don't attack the Bible. Don't pretend to do both.

Don't attack a man who did all 3 of those things I listed when you did absolutely ZERO of them. You're a loser. You've accomplished nothing close to Ruckman, yet you think you can stand over his dead body in judgment? You're a coward. If he was alive, you wouldn't say jack because you know he'd come back at you personally and embarrass you like the pompous prick you are.

Only losers who haven't jack anything to show for anything they've accomplished judge and criticize people who have accomplished more than them. You're a punk and a coward hiding behind the facade of being a "nice guy". Christians are not "nice guys". We are not passive, gender fluid, passive-aggressive, "alpha male hating" Ahabs. The Bible says we are soldiers of Christ. Put up or shut up. Stop whining about how everyone from the pulpit is "bullying" you because they hurt your fragile glass ego and your 2-millimeter thick skin.

Some of you need to join the military. Some of you need to play sports. Some of you need to get tackled and put on your ass (Bible word, donkey) to realize you're not hot stuff and don't have real accomplishments under your belt yet somehow still hide behind a keyboard to attack the Bible and men of God who have accomplished more than you.

"Oh he had 3 wives, that erases everything else he did". Don't be mad you couldn't attract a woman to save your life with your passive-aggressive beta male approach to Christianity. What incredible losers. You are the reason for the current falling away. Men are the leaders of the church and the family, yet all of you act like little pussy cats and sit in little circles complaining about anyone who exudes an ounce of masculinity is being a "bully with a southern accent". You are leading the standard for all men in culture today, that's why culture is what it is. What incredible delusion to betray your own gender. You are a man, not a little boy. Grow up.
All of your insults, while amusing, I'll just assume you've some hormones impacting your emotions and will just deal with the issues. Below is a sampling of titles of articles by Ruckman:

BJU, Cult Headquarters
The Cult at Tennessee Temple
Rice, Dollar, and their Fellow Apostates
Cornelius Stam, a Genuine Alexandrian
Oswald Smith and the Professional Liars

As far as refining dispensationalism he refined it all the way to pure speculation especially when it comes to Christians being sent off to other planets.

So let me ask you a question, who are you marking? Ruckman? Why, because he hurt your precious feelings? Because he actually obeyed this verse and marked those teaching contrary to sound doctrine? So you'd rather side with Satan and attack people who obey God and defend his word, because the heretics are "nice guys".

Go take your nice guy crap and join Buddhism. Our God is not some pansy boy, our God is a badass and he reigns over the entire universe, and he doesn't bow down to leftist culture or peer pressure of little boy scout clubs or transgender "tolerators". Our God brings the heat.

UGC lead the way.
He didn't hurt my feelings any more than Charles Manson or Jim Jones have hurt my feelings. I am fascinated, though, how people can be drawn in to cults and become man followers rather than Christ followers. Yes, I am a pansy boy-you found me out-man, if only Bernie won, then things would have been different.

Don't be like the nothing-to-show-for amateurs on the left.

1589466499912.png

Last edited: