Word is out on the HB principals.

bgwilkinson

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
This has been confirmed with three HB employees.

Per a text message received by those employees.

John Wilkerson Superintendent

New HB Schools Principal, James Woosley

Retained Vice Principal HBHS Justin Moffit

New HBJH vice Principal Adam Merhalski

New HBGS Vice Principal Chip Dowdy

He was asked to be an assistant pastor.

Many stories are going around.

Don't know which is the correct one.

He did get a vote to retain, at present salary, it was a unanimous vote.

There is more going on than meets the eye.

bgwilkinson said:
John Wilkerson Superintendent

New HB Schools Principal, James Woosley

Retained Vice Principal HBHS Justin Moffit

New HBJH vice Principal Adam Merhalski

New HBGS Vice Principal Chip Dowdy

Yes, but what are their FORUM names?

Not sure, but many do get updates right here.

bgwilkinson said:
He was asked to be an assistant pastor.

Many stories are going around.

Don't know which is the correct one.

He did get a vote to retain, at present salary, it was a unanimous vote.

There is more going on than meets the eye.
So, Vogel is still at FBCH?  Now an assistant pastor?

That was the plan.

Not sure if he wants to be an assistant pastor.

IMHO that is the rub.

I can not be sure of his side of the story.

It is a touchy situation.

He is so well liked and respected.

Binaca Chugger said:
What happened to vogel?

Are you referring to Tom Vogel or Jim Vogel?
In any case, I believe neither are still on payroll.

Many different stories going around is true. I have talked to the kids and get different stories even from them.

What I have heard:  Jimmy Vogel has resigned. They offered Tom a church position at 1/2 the salary and he refused to take it.  Yes, there is more going on than meets the eye.

Nobody really seems to know who makes the final personnel decisions. The pastor is hardly around and from the gossip I hear you still have to have your lips firmly glued to the correct backside to be in good graces. FWIW!!!! Just remember: You heard it here on the FFF!!!!

Jim Vogel was a tremendous JH Principal from what I hear.. My friends children loved him and he was not a big shot, and didn't act like one either from what I hear. From my POV these schools have a tremendous amount of instability.  I have personally heard multiple families exploring other options for their children.

Sad....because for the past 4 or 5 years that school has been the most stable thing around here.

BALAAM said:
Many different stories going around is true. I have talked to the kids and get different stories even from them.

What I have heard:  Jimmy Vogel has resigned. They offered Tom a church position at 1/2 the salary and he refused to take it.  Yes, there is more going on than meets the eye.

Nobody really seems to know who makes the final personnel decisions. The pastor is hardly around and from the gossip I hear you still have to have your lips firmly glued to the correct backside to be in good graces. FWIW!!!! Just remember: You heard it here on the FFF!!!!
I was talking about Tom.  Is he ati4ll in the area?

Just for clarity, I will add that both Tom and Jimmy worked for HB schools until quite recently. Tom was titled the chancellor of all schools, or something like that. Jimmy was the assistant principal, with James Woosley, of the high school. When whatever is going on with Tom started happening, Jimmy put in his resignation. (Is my understanding).

Jimmy Vogel was JH Principal
Tom Vogel was Superintendent of HB

Both gone.....over the last 2 years only administrator left is James Woosley.

......stability is gone.....

What happened?  Is this a mystery even to the forum?

Tom Vogel was fired by the deacons....The "leadership board" of the deacons....consolation prize was offered...so I heard. He said no to that and the story twisted after that.

I am guessing Jimmy (his son) did what any good son would...meaning...told them bye after  seeing what they had done to his Dad.

....and they have done to many many many others.

Instability rules

"Word is,... "
At the end of Schaap's time he had move Tom Vogel to the church and put him in an office with no phone. After Schaap's demise Vogel was given his new position. Supposedly he had a "great vision" for the schools. Apparently it was recently decided they could not justify his position and salary. Offered to moved him to the church. I had not heard about the salary cut though.  Tom said no. Mrs Vogel resigned her teaching position. Tom's BIL  resigned his deacon position and his wife resigned her teaching job. His other son was at one time the principal at CB and he resigned after John Francis was put in charge a few years back.

brainisengaged said:
Who is on the "Leadership Board" on the board of deacons?

lol, the must be the "non-disclosure" part

From what I understand, GV kind of needed to be replaced at City Baptist Schools, John Francis brought more... stability.

Kind of curious about son in law DW... will he stay @ the Church?

WESLEY said:
From what I understand, GV kind of needed to be replaced at City Baptist Schools, John Francis brought more... stability.

Kind of curious about son in law DW... will he stay @ the Church?

He is still employed to my knowledge. Saw him in his place Sunday in data base dept.