"Your cheatin' heart"

subllibrm said:
Smellin Coffee said:
... I can't say for sure but could possibly believe the church failed by making the man think his woman is there mainly to be his sex toy.

You can't say for sure but drop the atomic bomb accusation anyway.

And you think the church can make a man think. If a man thinks it's okay to cheat on his taxes and drive over the speed limit is that on the church too? This reminds me of the parents whose kids turn out rotten and then blame the church for not raising their kids better for them.
Keep peelin, but there may be no onion...

Sent from my LGL43AL using Tapatalk

Twisted said:
Jubal Sackett said:
Twisted said:
Are you an attorney?

We're kind of like Jedi Knights.

Jubal Sackett

Yes, as was my father before me. Soon my middle son will be an attorney, too.

Jubal Sackett

Good.  The one thing this world needs is more litigation and more attorneys.

Maybe I can clear this up a little.
I asked him why. He replied that he was lonely. at home his job was to bring in money and reach things on the top shelf.  Of course, he didn't set out to have an affair. He met someone that treated him with kindness and respect. The way his wife used to.Things rapidly escalated. He just wanted out.
From what I'm learning this is a rather common attitude among 50ish aged women.  Twenty years ago it wasn't a problem but with the advent of Bob Dole's little blue friend men in that age bracket are back in the saddle as if they were much younger.

Jubal Sackett said:
I asked him why. He replied that he was lonely. at home his job was to bring in money and reach things on the top shelf.  Of course, he didn't set out to have an affair. He met someone that treated him with kindness and respect. The way his wife used to.Things rapidly escalated. He just wanted out.
From what I'm learning this is a rather common attitude among 50ish aged women.  Twenty years ago it wasn't a problem but with the advent of Bob Dole's little blue friend men in that age bracket are back in the saddle as if they were much younger.

I can remember my wife's aunt saying she was so happy when he finally lost interest in "that stuff".

Jubal Sackett said:

Pretty much how I read the OP.

Now with all that clarity, Smellin' is going to have to work hard to twist it into more misogyny.  Of course you are now a prime suspect in the world wide evangelical plot to hate women.

Jubal Sackett said:

Both parties slow down typically with age, naturally.  Why should Dole's friend cause such hardship <ahem> on the wife (especially if it causes temptation and rationalization of lust and adultery)?

Smellin' did you lose interest in your charges against "misogynist" men who desire the physical part of the relationship with their wives? Or just the part where it is all the churches fault?

Twisted said:
Jubal Sackett said:
Twisted said:
Are you an attorney?

Yes, as was my father before me. Soon my middle son will be an attorney, too.

Jubal Sackett

Good.  The one thing this world needs is more litigation and more attorneys.

#MakingAmericaLitigateAgain

subllibrm said:

Been busy with other issues. :)

subllibrm said:
did you lose interest in your charges against "misogynist" men who desire the physical part of the relationship with their wives?

Desiring intimacy and demanding/forcing her against her will are two different things. The first isn't misogynistic but the latter is.

subllibrm said:
Or just the part where it is all the churches fault?

It isn't "all the churches fault" (sic). Some churches aren't that way. In addition, there are misogynists that aren't of any religious type whatsoever. Just look at our President.  ;)

But let's start with this: in general and removing the Charismatic segment, how many Evangelical churches allow, much less encourage women to pastor (over men, not just for a ladies ministry) or be on the church's governing board?

Smellin Coffee said:
But let's start with this: in general and removing the Charismatic segment, how many Evangelical churches allow, much less encourage women to pastor (over men, not just for a ladies ministry) or be on the church's governing board?

I have heard smoother segues from a dropped bowling ball.

subllibrm said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I have heard smoother segues from a dropped bowling ball.

But dropping it can actually get the ball rolling. ;)

Smellin Coffee said:
subllibrm said:

What does this have to do with the price of beans in China?

Jubal Sackett

Since I am an older divorced woman, I will tread lightly here.  I think it would be beneficial to discuss what DOES work in a marriage, rather than what doesn't work.

The first word that comes to mind on this topic is the word "intimacy".  Maybe it's somewhere on this thread, and I just missed it.  To be "intimate" with someone means that you have to let your guard down and be vulnerable.  It means the husband and wife have to talk about their day, their thoughts, their emotions....all the things that frat boys and misogynists hate.

Our bodies change as we get older, but if the "husband loves his wife as Christ loves the church", he will protect and love her even through old age and saggy skin.  Of course, we live in an age where a man can find all sorts of things on the internet, and it's easier to click on the young attractive women who don't share the family bills and other issues that must be discussed in a marriage.

Lest any of you worry or think your wife will lose interest when she turns 50, think again.  It's not necessarily so.  The main thing is to listen to each other.  Your spouse might have insight that never occurred to you, and it could have something to do with a physical problem that a doctor could address.

Trust me, it's much better to intentionally listen and respect your spouse, than go through a divorce, which brings out the worst in people.  It dissolves a union between two people who promised to cherish each other until death separates them. 

I've heard it said that the biggest sex organ is the brain, and I believe it.  As you grow older, hopefully your marriages will grow richer.  I pray that for all of you.

Jubal Sackett said:
Smellin Coffee said:
subllibrm said:

Jubal Sackett

It sets the backdrop for teaching and leadership, or the lack thereof. By example it teaches that spiritual gifting is limited for women but not men. It places men in positions of authority, psychologically subjugating women that when it comes to spiritual leadership, they are "less than".

Smellin Coffee said:
Jubal Sackett said:
Smellin Coffee said:
subllibrm said:

Jubal Sackett

It sets the backdrop for teaching and leadership, or the lack thereof. By example it teaches that spiritual gifting is limited for women but not men. It places men in positions of authority, psychologically subjugating women that when it comes to spiritual leadership, they are "less than".

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Oh wait, I forgot something.  ::)

subllibrm said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Jubal Sackett said:
Smellin Coffee said:
subllibrm said:

Jubal Sackett

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Oh wait, I forgot something.  ::)

Can you tell I am more egalitarian than complementarian? ;)

Smellin Coffee said:
Jubal Sackett said:
Smellin Coffee said:
subllibrm said:

Jubal Sackett

Oh! The Smellodrama!

Jo said:
Since I am an older divorced woman, I will tread lightly here.  I think it would be beneficial to discuss what DOES work in a marriage, rather than what doesn't work.

The first word that comes to mind on this topic is the word "intimacy".  Maybe it's somewhere on this thread, and I just missed it.  To be "intimate" with someone means that you have to let your guard down and be vulnerable.  It means the husband and wife have to talk about their day, their thoughts, their emotions....all the things that frat boys and misogynists hate.

Our bodies change as we get older, but if the "husband loves his wife as Christ loves the church", he will protect and love her even through old age and saggy skin.  Of course, we live in an age where a man can find all sorts of things on the internet, and it's easier to click on the young attractive women who don't share the family bills and other issues that must be discussed in a marriage.

Lest any of you worry or think your wife will lose interest when she turns 50, think again.  It's not necessarily so.  The main thing is to listen to each other.  Your spouse might have insight that never occurred to you, and it could have something to do with a physical problem that a doctor could address.

Trust me, it's much better to intentionally listen and respect your spouse, than go through a divorce, which brings out the worst in people.  It dissolves a union between two people who promised to cherish each other until death separates them. 

I've heard it said that the biggest sex organ is the brain, and I believe it.  As you grow older, hopefully your marriages will grow richer.  I pray that for all of you.

BINGO!!!!!! SIRENS!!!!!!! FLASHING LIGHTS!!!!!!! FIREWORKS!!!!!!!
SHE'S HIT SQUARE IN THE HEAD!!!!!!

Kind Lady, feel free to tread has hard as you wish. You've got the answer! You are right, brain surgery with just a shot of whisky is less painful than a divorce. Even if you win you lose. Yes, I'm fully aware of abusive situations. I see more of them than most people, but whatever the situation there are really no winners.

Jubal Sackett