A Denial of the Kenosis?

"Pray for me."

"What? For healing?"

"No. God doesn't do that. Just pray that I can endure."

rsc2a said:
... we've moved into full blown heresy.

I had no idea that you are not only sinless, but you can escape the effects of sin!

FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
Why then should we feel shame?

For the very same reason Jesus was shamed... the effects of sin that can only be ENDURED, not OVERCOME in this world.

You can't argue with an idiot. You just can't. There is no use in arguing with that NUT. None. He's the most dishonest person I have ever meet.

This idiot has never overcome sin. He hasn't. He knows he hasn't. He doesn't know anyone that have overcome sin. He'll say "Jesus" did but he certainly can't act like Jesus. He never has. He never will.

The effects of Sin are still rampant in this world. They're ALL around us... yet this blather idiot denies the obvious....

Even though Jesus has freed us from sin, the process isn't finished.

FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
... we've moved into full blown heresy.

I had no idea that you are not only sinless, but you can escape the effects of sin!

Ahhh...more strawmen for you to hang on others.

FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
Simple enough then...you think Jesus followers aren't restored from the effects of sin.  So much for eternal life...

See... this is where you and Tomato get absurd. Jesus was humiliated. A new concept to you both. He was never restored from the effects of sin on earth. He ENDURED the effects of sin and suffered public humiliation.

He was led like a sheep to the slaughter,
        and as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
        so he did not open his mouth.
      In his humiliation he was deprived of justice.
        Who can speak of his descendants?
        For his life was taken from the earth.? (Ac 8:32?33)

You know "humiliation" isn't inspired. ;)

It is best seen as "low estate".

praise_yeshua said:
You can't argue with an idiot. You just can't. There is no use in arguing with that NUT. None. He's the most dishonest person I have ever meet.

I won't "win" with him. That isn't the point. :D
It gets more and more interesting as he posts...

praise_yeshua said:
Without going into great detail......The English word Humiliation basically has its roots in the word "humbled". 

Php 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

I don't know if you can make the full case that "humiliation" was part of the process of "death" in Christ Jesus on the cross. I think it might be implied in both the "shame" and "humbling" process.... but I wouldn't fault someone for objecting to the use of the word.

Bumping this for truth.  Humbling oneself and being shamed are not the same thing.  Not even close.

And I don't even see the word "shame" ever used in the Bible in reference to Jesus. 

praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
rsc2a said:
Simple enough then...you think Jesus followers aren't restored from the effects of sin.  So much for eternal life...

See... this is where you and Tomato get absurd. Jesus was humiliated. A new concept to you both. He was never restored from the effects of sin on earth. He ENDURED the effects of sin and suffered public humiliation.

Not that it matters.  This passage has nothing to do with being naked. 

The Rogue Tomato said:

But my Victorian eyes!

The Rogue Tomato said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
rsc2a said:

Its traditionally been taught that Jesus hung naked on the cross. Those who stripped him of clothing did it to shame Him. Plus.... they wanted his clothing. 

I can't deny this. Whether, He, Himself, felt shamed in being naked.... is another story. I'm not sure.

Either way, I haven't been keep track of the argument. Just arguing this point.

What's the point of the argument?

praise_yeshua said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
rsc2a said:

Its traditionally been taught that Jesus hung naked on the cross. Those who stripped him of clothing did it to shame Him. Plus.... they wanted his clothing. 

I can't deny this. Whether, He, Himself, felt shamed in being naked.... is another story. I'm not sure.

Either way, I haven't been keep track of the argument. Just arguing this point.

What's the point of the argument?

There's a difference between trying to shame someone, and someone feeling shamed.  People on here try to "shame" others all the time.  Does it work?  It should only work if they did something wrong.  Even then, there are shameless people, like those who continue to lie and seem to feel no shame about it.

The point of the argument is that FSSL wants to proclaim nakedness as shameful in order to justify telling Christians they shouldn't watch movies that include a naked lady at some point.  That and I suppose it's related to the modesty thread.  But he still can't get over someone enjoying Deadpool.  It's an obsession. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
The point of the argument is that FSSL wants to proclaim ...

You have me on ignore. Yet you SHAMELESSLY post as if you know what I am arguing. SHAME on you. :D

The Rogue Tomato said:
And I don't even see the word "shame" ever used in the Bible in reference to Jesus.

You never saw the word "humiliation" ever used in the Bible in reference to Jesus, either. Is there ever ANYTHING that you see in the Bible?

You deny the Kenosis. Too late.

...fixing our eyes on Jesus,i the pioneerj and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12:2)

Jesus ENDURED the shame of the cross in this world. He OVERCAME it when He sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

We have to ENDURE it until we finally OVERCOME in the next life.

For now... it would be shameful and humiliating to parade around in public, naked.

The Rogue Tomato said:
The point of the argument is that FSSL wants to proclaim nakedness as shameful in order to justify telling Christians they shouldn't watch movies that include a naked lady at some point.  That and I suppose it's related to the modesty thread.  But he still can't get over someone enjoying Deadpool.  It's an obsession.

I thought the point was that he wanted to make up positions for others,  attack them for it,  then call them liars because he knows their thoughts better than they do?

rsc2a said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

I thought the point was that he wanted to make up positions for others,  attack them for it,  then call them liars Nevis he knows their thoughts better than they do?

Funny. My only interaction on that thread was to remove nudity. When it kept showing up on my phone. My next interaction was to delete the thread.

I never said anything about my position on movies with nudity. Not to mention, Deadpool.

rsc2a said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

I thought the point was that he wanted to make up positions for others,  attack them for it,  then call them liars because he knows their thoughts better than they do?

Meh, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

praise_yeshua said:
Its traditionally been taught that Jesus hung naked on the cross. Those who stripped him of clothing did it to shame Him. Plus.... they wanted his clothing. I can't deny this. Whether, He, Himself, felt shamed in being naked.... is another story. I'm not sure.

The narratives describe Jesus as being flogged, stripped naked and nailed to the cross. ALL of this had to do with humiliation and shaming Him. It is absurd that this even needs to be explained.

FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
Its traditionally been taught that Jesus hung naked on the cross. Those who stripped him of clothing did it to shame Him. Plus.... they wanted his clothing. I can't deny this. Whether, He, Himself, felt shamed in being naked.... is another story. I'm not sure.

The narratives describe Jesus as being flogged, stripped naked and nailed to the cross. ALL of this had to do with humiliation and shaming Him. It is absurd that this even needs to be explained.
Next on the list: tweezing and waxing!

Someone sure has a fascination with nakedness.

Howard Stern, is that you?

Howard.Stern_.jpg

bgwilkinson said:
Someone sure has a fascination with nakedness.

Howard Stern, is that you?

Howard.Stern_.jpg

Fascination?  Obsession, more like.