A Name From the Past...

Mathew Ward— one of those guys back in the day that went by his real name rather than a pseudonym because he desired to conduct himself with integrity and accountability. In a FFF time of unrestrained mudslinging Matt always kept his interactions civil, respectful, and on point. I had the pleasure of meeting him while on vacation in Florida. Really good dude.
That name's familiar. I don't recall if I ever had any interactions with him or not.

I think twisted felt ‘ganged up on’ since most of his philosophical and theological allies stopped posting.

That name's familiar. I don't recall if I ever had any interactions with him or not.
He was one of those guys that had lots of exposure and ministry training within the Hyles form of fundamentalism but was distancing himself from the serious errors inherent to it and doing so with resolute graciousness to those still trapped in the world of IFBx.

Last edited:
He was one of those guys that had lots of exposure and ministry training within the Hyles form of fundamentalism but was distancing himself from the serious errors inherent to it and doing so with resolute graciousness to those still trapped in the world of IFBx.
I think I recall who that is now.
Another was AvengingAngel. This person wasn't on the FFF very long, but, they surely made an impact on Sam Martin....I don't recall his pseudo at that time...he had several.

I think I recall who that is now.
Another was AvengingAngel. This person wasn't on the FFF very long, but, they surely made an impact on Sam Martin....I don't recall his pseudo at that time...he had several.
I remember those names, but my memory is so bad that I can’t remember any details.

JrChurch was a gal from West Virginia that was in the fundamentalist mold of posters, but she was always encouraging, gracious, and edifying, even when she occasionally disagreed with the “Freebirds”.

JrChurch was a gal from West Virginia that was in the fundamentalist mold of posters, but she was always encouraging, gracious, and edifying, even when she occasionally disagreed with the “Freebirds”.
I remember that name.

I'd like to nominate you to be Forum Historian.

Buffa

GET OUT!

I remember those names, but my memory is so bad that I can’t remember any details.
Sam Martin (aka Pastor Martin, Pastor Sam) was always lying about his wife being sick, about his accomplishments as a pastor, etc. I knew people in his area at the time, and they said he'd lost a bunch of members because of his lying, misrepresenting things, and because he was just a hiney-hole!

Sam Martin (aka Pastor Martin, Pastor Sam) was always lying about his wife being sick, about his accomplishments as a pastor, etc. I knew people in his area at the time, and they said he'd lost a bunch of members because of his lying, misrepresenting things, and because he was just a hiney-hole!
ahhhhh, now that rings a bell for me.

I wonder if Buffaloser still works at the Autozone?

haha, I had forgotten the details of the origins of GET OUT!

Good thing Buffa had a good woman (kaba, on the latest FFF iteration she appeared on), of course now that I think about it, it's a good thing this ole boy has a good woman to keep him straight.😁

I have kept up with FSSL, gotalife, dr bob and grannylo outside of here. For those who remember grannylo, Pulpiteer has passed on to his reward.

Blessed Union, Corky were another couple of "out there" characters from the days of yore.

I met Matthew Ward and his family and kept up with him for quite awhile.
Like most of us, he went through some trying times but seemed to be very resilient.
Sadly, we seem to have lost touch.

I have kept up with FSSL, gotalife, dr bob and grannylo outside of here. For those who remember grannylo, Pulpiteer has passed on to his reward.

Blessed Union, Corky were another couple of "out there" characters from the days of yore.
grannylo seems to be questioning a lot of stuff lately - and smellin' coffee seems to have her ear. :(

grannylo seems to be questioning a lot of stuff lately - and smellin' coffee seems to have her ear. :(
I had the pleasure of meeting her in person right about the time of her break from the IFB straight jacket (it would have been better if Pulpiteer had led her and the family out).

She has been through the ringer. People who still hold the positions that she once supported and promoted have turned on her in heavy vengeance.

I see at least one old FFF name pop up in her feed but I don't recall seeing smellin' there. I'll have to pay closer attention.

Oh who was that one guy from just south of Memphis? Always talking about his nieces and nephew's. Ryan something... ?