A Name From the Past...

I had the pleasure of meeting her in person right about the time of her break from the IFB straight jacket (it would have been better if Pulpiteer had led her and the family out).

She has been through the ringer. People who still hold the positions that she once supported and promoted have turned on her in heavy vengeance.

I see at least one old FFF name pop up in her feed but I don't recall seeing smellin' there. I'll have to pay closer attention.
she use to go after me with a vengeance on the old forums.... didn;t seem to like anything about me.... and she was also among that group that claimed most medical science... and especially psychology.... was garbage..... and that people with schizophrenia and other mental health problems were demon possessed....

i;m glad to know she has reconsidered some of her old positions..... hopefully she won;t change so much that she goes totally left wing and liberal... then starts going off from the other side of things on those who have not changed in all these years,.. with the same kind vengeance as before..... ..

i saw that happen with a distant family member.... .for many years the rest of us were considered too liberal to be allowed around his family..... and now that he has gone into far left apostasy he feels the rest of us are too conservative and even too "right wing" to be allowed around them.... . ....it;s a bizarre thing with some people.... they change their beliefs and positions continually... and yet at every step of their journey, - no matter which direction it;s going in, - they come off as completely convinced they are absolutely right and that everyone else is wrong....

grannylo seems to be questioning a lot of stuff lately - and smellin' coffee seems to have her ear. :(
It really saddens me what Smellin' Coffee has become! He is someone I really looked up to when I first showed here on the FFF as KJV_BELIEVER and just trying to find some kind of "Terra Firma" in my twisted IFB world! If Grannylo is getting bad advice from SC, I pray for the Lord's protection and that a regenerate, discerning mind prevails!

There are a few who really went off the deep end and "Went out from among us..." Two that I can name right off are "Supersurfer" and "Oh_Once." I really hate putting Smellin' Coffee in this category and would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but there is very little we would agree upon today.

PetersonAlexW, Just John, Kid's Mom, Gotalife, Dr. Bob, Pastor's Wife. Preacher's Wife, Webby, and a few of y'all here are my FB friends although I don't always connect the real names with the "Handles."

TeeJay, the philosophizing lawschooler.

It really saddens me what Smellin' Coffee has become! He is someone I really looked up to when I first showed here on the FFF as KJV_BELIEVER and just trying to find some kind of "Terra Firma" in my twisted IFB world! If Grannylo is getting bad advice from SC, I pray for the Lord's protection and that a regenerate, discerning mind prevails!

There are a few who really went off the deep end and "Went out from among us..." Two that I can name right off are "Supersurfer" and "Oh_Once." I really hate putting Smellin' Coffee in this category and would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but there is very little we would agree upon today.

PetersonAlexW, Just John, Kid's Mom, Gotalife, Dr. Bob, Pastor's Wife. Preacher's Wife, Webby, and a few of y'all here are my FB friends although I don't always connect the real names with the "Handles."
It is sad that so many who were influenced by the X-er wing of baptist fundamentalism have seemingly gone off the rails in the opposite direction…some into apostasy. Not sure how to connect the dots exactly but don’t think it’s a coincidence that it happened to so many.
I personally believe it is directly related to the poor combination of easy believism salvation and a legalistic lifestyle sanctification.

I am so thankful that, in His mercy, I was spared that influence when I was young and impressionable. I assume that movement is virtually dead today.

It is sad that so many who were influenced by the X-er wing of baptist fundamentalism have seemingly gone off the rails in the opposite direction…some into apostasy. Not sure how to connect the dots exactly but don’t think it’s a coincidence that it happened to so many.
I personally believe it is directly related to the poor combination of easy believism salvation and a legalistic lifestyle sanctification.

I am so thankful that, in His mercy, I was spared that influence when I was young and impressionable. I assume that movement is virtually dead today.
someone close to me always said it was a short step from fundamentalist extremism to non-belief... .of course she was talking about extreme calvinism - but i noticed a long time ago it seemed to hold true for legalist fundamental extremism too....

Generally speaking, whatever form legalism takes, its bound to produce more than its fair share of rotten fruit because those that don't walk in the Spirit will inevitably fulfill the deeds of the flesh (Gal 5:16 et al). Those that depend upon the law for righteousness will inevitably be self-righteous, and obviously the other side of that coin means that they will not humbly seek the grace of God for their daily walk.

someone close to me always said it was a short step from fundamentalist extremism to non-belief... .of course she was talking about extreme calvinism - but i noticed a long time ago it seemed to hold true for legalist fundamental extremism too....
What you are describing is "Funny-Mental-ism" which is Fundamentalism that is not rooted and grounded in scriptural authority.

Which, ironically, is no fundamentalism at all! Throw whatever other "Extremism" on there you would like.

What you are describing is "Funny-Mental-ism" which is Fundamentalism that is not rooted and grounded in scriptural authority.

Which, ironically, is no fundamentalism at all! Throw whatever other "Extremism" on there you would like.
she was talking about people whose religion is all about themselves rather than being about Christ.... i;m sure she meant to include the legalist x-er types, but at the time she said that - she was arguing with a hyper-supralapsarian calvinist... .. who had once been a hyper-legalist hyles type....

she also said modern fundamentalism was a collection of people holding vastly different, and often contrasting, beliefs - drawn together by a common personality defect.... (i think she was talking about the old forum when she said that).... and that an extreme religious movement of any stripe was generally populated by very devout people who fervently believed in the spirituality of someone else...

but then she;s known for being outspoken from time to time.... :sneaky:

Last edited:
I would say you've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I assume that movement is virtually dead today.
It's always been dead; it just doesn't have the good graces to lay down.

I think it was abcaines talking about someone always speaking about their nephew...If I recall correctly, the nephews name was Ryan DeBarr. I had some interactions with both way back in the day. Seemed to be good people...some problems, but, relatively good people.

Yes... Ryan DeBarr. I know he had some serious health issues. I think of him from time to time and wonder how he's doing.

Yes... Ryan DeBarr. I know he had some serious health issues. I think of him from time to time and wonder how he's doing.
I lost track of them. They only lived a few hours away from us, and we talked about getting together to meet, but, health issues on both sides prevented it.

Also I seem to recall lots of BOBs.

I always had trouble keeping them straight.