A Name From the Past...

I remember someone saying it was from a student handbook..
Yeah,, it wasn't me. But every Frosh Week there were a handful of students who get in trouble after going on a drunken bender and, unfortunately, maiming some ducks.

I can hear him now, “”Yawn!”

He tried to secretly tell my church that I was an Armstrongist. He sent a private email to my pastor… sadly, Herb did not realize that I was the webmaster and I handled the church’s email. 😂

I can hear him now, “”Yawn!”

He tried to secretly tell my church that I was an Armstrongist. He sent a private email to my pastor… sadly, Herb did not realize that I was the webmaster and I handled the church’s email. 😂
Never was a fan of Herb....always seemed a bit "off" to me, in more ways than one.

Ummm... OK... Is there a name from the past that evokes good memories? Someone we can speak well of?

Hreb unsuccessfully tried to recruit me for his ongoing running vendetta against Pastor Greg Dixon and his son, of Indianapolis Baptist Temple. He made fun of them, calling them "Daddio" and "Laddio." Greg Dixon was quite irritated about it, telling me that Hreb was bombarding him with derogatory e-mails. I told Hreb I didn't want to get involved. I basically liked Greg, even if he did tell me on one occasion that he thought that I needed psychiatric treatment.

Ummm... OK... Is there a name from the past that evokes good memories? Someone we can speak well of?
Along with CorpseNoMore and Coyote, there was one other guy who did a lot in those days to raise the tone of the original FFF by injecting some serious theology into the discussions: Sidney.

One of the more rabid fundies figured out from his IP address that he appeared to be posting from Ligonier Ministries. He kept calling him "R. C. Sproul" after that.

Edwards was a super guy! I do not think there was anybody who did not like him.

I'm trying to think of another guy - Ryan something? He was a PCC alum and probably their #1 critic regarding things that went on there. I believe he was also the owner of the "Dr Phil Armenik" sock puppet!

Edwards was a super guy! I do not think there was anybody who did not like him.

I'm trying to think of another guy - Ryan something? He was a PCC alum and probably their #1 critic regarding things that went on there. I believe he was also the owner of the "Dr Phil Armenik" sock puppet!
edwards is still here - in the present... i spoke with him in a thread just a few months ago.. .and
in fact.. he was online this past friday reading some threads.... .

and i think the other poster you are thinking of is ryan debarr.... (aka dr phil armenik)... .i have
not seen him on the forums in a long time....

Last edited:
edwards is still here - in the present... i spoke with him in a thread just a few months ago.. .and
in fact.. he was online this past friday reading some threads.... .

and i think the other poster you are thinking of is ryan debarr.... (aka dr phil armenik)... .i have
not seen him on the forums in a long time....
I think I have Edwards as a FB friend so I see him around there on occasion. Yeah, Ryan DeBarr is the guy I am thinking about but I may have it wrong and perhaps Ryan DeBarr is Dr. Phil Armenik's sockpuppet??? :ROFLMAO:

I think I have Edwards as a FB friend so I see him around there on occasion. Yeah, Ryan DeBarr is the guy I am thinking about but I may have it wrong and perhaps Ryan DeBarr is Dr. Phil Armenik's sockpuppet??? :ROFLMAO:
Edwards is vaguely familiar. I do remember Ryan and Dr. Phil.

The old forums were a lot of fun. I stumbled on to them about the same time I got involved with CC. (see my latest post in the Prayer Languages thread). I found the FFF after being separated from IFBdom for a dozen years. I was curious as to how the movement was doing. My favorite memories of the old FFF were the chat sessions that we used to have.

The FFF seemed to lose its cohesion after Katrina took out "Webby's" church in 05. I guess Webby had more important things to do than play referee for a bunch of squabbles on some forum..

FB seemed to be the nail in the coffin for the old FFF. I kept in touch with Dr. Bob and BR. for a time before I saw the light and abandoned FB for good in '21.

I was happy to come across this rendition of FFF.

Edwards is vaguely familiar. I do remember Ryan and Dr. Phil.

The old forums were a lot of fun. I stumbled on to them about the same time I got involved with CC. (see my latest post in the Prayer Languages thread). I found the FFF after being separated from IFBdom for a dozen years. I was curious as to how the movement was doing. My favorite memories of the old FFF were the chat sessions that we used to have.

The FFF seemed to lose its cohesion after Katrina took out "Webby's" church in 05. I guess Webby had more important things to do than play referee for a bunch of squabbles on some forum..

FB seemed to be the nail in the coffin for the old FFF. I kept in touch with Dr. Bob and BR. for a time before I saw the light and abandoned FB for good in '21.

I was happy to come across this rendition of FFF.
Webby started the "Fightin' Fundamentalists" FB group but not much goes on there these days. Vince Massi pretty much hijacked it and ran everyone else off I am guessing?

The Killer Bees (Braemer, Beaumont, Brennan), Grounded Grid, christundivided, and Lisa Ruby

😁

Voyle Glover (Just Browsing???)
Aura
ThisTreasure (Chris Tagliarini...one of the FFF folk I've actually personally met over the years, and who left quite the impression with me to distinguish the Xers from the more reasonable IFBs in the Hyles camp...regarding the phrase he used "they get the fruit before the Root"....meaning they put the externals of sanctification like appearance and such before their relationship to Christ)

The Killer Bees (Braemer, Beaumont, Brennan), Grounded Grid, christundivided, and Lisa Ruby

😁

Voyle Glover (Just Browsing???)
Aura
ThisTreasure (Chris Tagliarini...one of the FFF folk I've actually personally met over the years, and who left quite the impression with me to distinguish the Xers from the more reasonable IFBs in the Hyles camp...regarding the phrase he used "they get the fruit before the Root"....meaning they put the externals of sanctification like appearance and such before their relationship to Christ)
I met Tom Cassidy, Just John, and "Gunny" ("Top" when he was promoted to E-8) at Saddleback Church right before I left the Socal and moved back to Texas. One of the FFF ladies wanted to join us but she needed a ride and my (now ex) wife didn't want me having any "Strange Ladies" in my truck with me. I keep wanting to say "Gotalife" but that is Michelle Borg up in Wyoming so not her.

But now come to think of it. We could also mention "Gotalife" and "Vicar Michael Borg" who are now "Mr. and Mrs. Borg."

I met Tom Cassidy, Just John, and "Gunny" ("Top" when he was promoted to E-8) at Saddleback Church right before I left the Socal and moved back to Texas. One of the FFF ladies wanted to join us but she needed a ride and my (now ex) wife didn't want me having any "Strange Ladies" in my truck with me. I keep wanting to say "Gotalife" but that is Michelle Borg up in Wyoming so not her.

But now come to think of it. We could also mention "Gotalife" and "Vicar Michael Borg" who are now "Mr. and Mrs. Borg."
I knew Thomas Cassidy from my days in Illinois. We used to talk with each other at the Youth Conclaves that were held at Calvary Baptist Church in Normal, Illinois. I've had contact with Voyle Glover off and on over the years, as well as with Dr. Bob. A lot of these old names are truly missed.

Top, me and that dude went round and round frequently. I'm sure that was because I was a bit more militant and in-your-face then than I should have been. As I recall, he had been exposed to a Hyles-style fundamentalism and was finding newfound freedoms (a "freebird") in his exodus from that system of belief, right?