Alternative churches in NW Indiana other than FBC

Well, I've been to Lighthouse Baptist church, in Cedar Lake, pastored by Arlyn Walters , now.
Went there this morning.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

prophet said:
Well, I've been to Lighthouse Baptist church, in Cedar Lake, pastored by Arlyn Walters , now.
Went there this morning.

prophet, one thing about you're all over the place..........we lived in Cedar Lake when we were in college........I  love that place!!

It's called deputation by some, but we don't ask for support.  We work on their buildings, lead someone to the Lord, and help start churches.
Then we tell them that God takes care of us  and we take enough gas $ to get to the next town, if God tells them to ask our needs.  We are so spoiled. 
But pray for the church we are helping to start in Englewood.  We have contacted several families, who are going to be the base.  They are happy to have an Ind.Baptist church, again. 
By the way, you were spoiled living in Cedartucky, while all the families lived in the ghettos(The Meadows) across the tracks from fbc.  ;D

prophet, God bless you and your family!! I'll be praying for the church in Englewood............

Sherryh said:
prophet, God bless you and your family!! I'll be praying for the church in Englewood............
Thanks, much.

prophet said:
Sherryh said:
Thanks, much.

I remember your dad very well! And Willie!

BALAAM said:
prophet said:
Sherryh said:
Thanks, much.

I remember your dad very well! And Willie!
lil. Willie is now Sarge, and almost done w/ spook school.

prophet who is your dad?

groupie said:
Where are people going to church in NW Indiana if they have jumped ship from FBC? Are there any good churches withing 50 or 100 miles of FBC?
Bethel, Lake Hills BC, Dyer BC, the one in Cedar Lake pastored by Arlyn Walters, and I think some have been going to South Point which seems to be pretty much on its own now. These are just the ones I'm aware of... certainly not an exhaustive list..

longlivedunkin said:
groupie said:
Where are people going to church in NW Indiana if they have jumped ship from FBC? Are there any good churches withing 50 or 100 miles of FBC?
Bethel, Lake Hills BC, Dyer BC, the one in Cedar Lake pastored by Arlyn Walters, and I think some have been going to South Point which seems to be pretty much on its own now. These are just the ones I'm aware of... certainly not an exhaustive list..

Some to BBC in Highland.  ;)

Dyer Baptist is very much like FBC as far as standards....esp in music they are super conservative. KJV. Dress code, etc.  It is staffed by David Atkinson who has been there about 20ish years and his son, Lee.  They have also started a school. Small membership. Many former FBC have passed through there including Wolbers, Chambers.  Godfreys still attend there. Strongly independent fundamental.

Lake Hills in Schererville is GARBC and more contemporary,  with attendance around 500 on Sunday AM. Two morning services; 8:15 is more traditional and the 10:40 has more contemporary music with praise team and praise band. Sermon is the same. NKJV and many teachers/preachers use other additions. Some former FBC, but those that have already detoxed.  Pastor is the son-in-law of Voyle Glover.

Bethel is pretty big and contemporary but lots of former FBC are there and like it. Many have told me they like the anonynimity of it. Lots of programs. Not KJV only.

Faith Church in Dyer has gotten some FBC. Big church, services on Sat night as well as Sunday. Contemporary. Started out with core membership of Christian reformed but more non denom now.

Bible Baptist is Highland is KJVO (I am told by someone who attends) and more traditional in music (think Ron Hamilton). Former FBC found here also.

These are the NWI churches that I personally know something about having living here and knowing scores of folks at all of the above and having visited them all at one time or another.

Nurse83 said:
Dyer Baptist is very much like FBC as far as standards....esp in music they are super conservative. KJV. Dress code, etc.  It is staffed by David Atkinson who has been there about 20ish years and his son, Lee.  They have also started a school. Small membership. Many former FBC have passed through there including Wolbers, Chambers.  Godfreys still attend there. Strongly independent fundamental.

Lake Hills in Schererville is GARBC and more contemporary,  with attendance around 500 on Sunday AM. Two morning services; 8:15 is more traditional and the 10:40 has more contemporary music with praise team and praise band. Sermon is the same. NKJV and many teachers/preachers use other additions. Some former FBC, but those that have already detoxed.  Pastor is the son-in-law of Voyle Glover.

Bethel is pretty big and contemporary but lots of former FBC are there and like it. Many have told me they like the anonynimity of it. Lots of programs. Not KJV only.

Faith Church in Dyer has gotten some FBC. Big church, services on Sat night as well as Sunday. Contemporary. Started out with core membership of Christian reformed but more non denom now.

Bible Baptist is Highland is KJVO (I am told by someone who attends) and more traditional in music (think Ron Hamilton). Former FBC found here also.

These are the NWI churches that I personally know something about having living here and knowing scores of folks at all of the above and having visited them all at one time or another.

It is. 

My wife and I have been going to Lighthouse since the end of 2013 when we moved back to NWI. I have to say after all my years of IFBdom, I finally have seen services where the Holy Spirit is truly moving. I am seeing a group of people that not only love God, but the community around them without expecting them to do anything in return. The church is full of humble people that are not trying to show off or that they think they are better than anyone. There are no "royals" or "anointed ones" looking down their noses at anyone.

I almost broke out of my seat to the altar from a short video that played in a recent service. The message that followed touched me even more. Pastor Walters' verse by verse preaching minus the silly rabbit trails and pet peeves is so refreshing. I actually want to go to church rather than have too. I do not think I have met such a humble pastor out there like Brother Arlyn. My wife loves it too and that's a big plus for me. She can't take the screaming and frothing preaching that we have seen in years past.

If you are searching for a church that is following the NT example of a church that will make you feel loved and not judged, then its the place in the area to go to.

Emmanuel Baptist Church in Hebron. KJVO. Not as strict as FBC in standards. Seems like pretty good people there, nice facility, Christian School. Tim McCurdy is one of the assistants there.

(Word is he was royally cursed out by Schaap at FBC for taking this opportunity)

Wolber's are back at FBC.  I'll keep my mouth shut on that one.  We are just about done with FBC.  Been there long time, been through a lot.  I've said it all along if your kids aren't in HB, they are out of any kids/teen programs.  They are not included in any program.  When I've asked about youth activities, they always start when my daughter is in school, same as singing groups, they practice during HB school hours, so that's out.  We've just kind of quietly slid out of our classes and out of the services.  We go back occasionally.  Even my sister and her husband have done the same thing.  I know things have changed, but ... I guess so have I/we.  And BTW, McCurdy didn't get whatever by JS, he chose to leave to go to that church. 

Still There said:
Wolber's are back at FBC.  I'll keep my mouth shut on that one.  We are just about done with FBC.  Been there long time, been through a lot.  I've said it all along if your kids aren't in HB, they are out of any kids/teen programs.  They are not included in any program.  When I've asked about youth activities, they always start when my daughter is in school, same as singing groups, they practice during HB school hours, so that's out.  We've just kind of quietly slid out of our classes and out of the services.  We go back occasionally.  Even my sister and her husband have done the same thing.  I know things have changed, but ... I guess so have I/we.  And BTW, McCurdy didn't get whatever by JS, he chose to leave to go to that church.

if the time comes that you are not "still there," will you be changing your name on the FFF?

"I know things have changed, but ... I guess so have I/we. " - That kind of explains my view of IFB life right now.

Bravo said:
Emmanuel Baptist Church in Hebron. KJVO. Not as strict as FBC in standards. Seems like pretty good people there, nice facility, Christian School. Tim McCurdy is one of the assistants there.

(Word is he was royally cursed out by Schaap at FBC for taking this opportunity)

Groupie, are you still @ Lighthouse Church?

Still There said:

Still There, just curious, are you still @ FBCH?