Are Altar Calls Biblical?

Dave, again, thanks for coming and participating in our little corner of the interwebz. Having said that, your version of Calvinism appears to be verging on hyper-calvinism, which if is that case, is heresy. And straining verses through your theological bias is not a sound hermeneutical apparatus, as you've done several times now in recent responses like this one. That's called "proof-texting".
I am not a hyper calvinist. You should know better.

But what if I say I have this feeling and know I'm saved so there is no need for me to worketh righteousness?
It only proves you are not saved. Without holiness, no one shall see the Lord.

Free-will people DO NO think they save themselves through obedience! What a crappy. deceitful way to describe what they believe. And, Calvinists Don't believe they have to be "saved" to be saved...they believe they are enlightened by the HS as was chosen before the foundation of the world. Truly, trying to describe either position ends up with incorrect information nearly every time. UGH!
What happens if you do not obey your version of the gospel?

So what is the difference in this sort of witness to the gospel and that which occurs when the gospel is presented one-on-one at any given physical space in a church building (or elsewhere)?
Usually, the altar call gets in the way and becomes a sacrament the person trusts in instead of Christ.

It is nothing more than a man-made sacrament that scripture does not call for.
Your one-liners with no Biblical proof, and calling it a "sacrament" doesn't make it so. Are you sure you're not a troll? Seems strange you'd show up just after other trolls have disappeared.

What happens if you do not obey your version of the gospel?
Who said it's my version of the Gospel? You seem to read into EVERYTHING your interpretation of scripture. Go figure! Prove your points or move on.

Your one-liners with no Biblical proof, and calling it a "sacrament" doesn't make it so. Are you sure you're not a troll? Seems strange you'd show up just after other trolls have disappeared.
It's up to you to find the altar call in scripture and prove I'm wrong.

Usually, the altar call gets in the way and becomes a sacrament the person trusts in instead of Christ.
You seem to love the word "sacrament". Do you even KNOW what a sacrament is? The Baptist church doesn't use sacraments. You sound like another poster here who had delusions of grandeur believing he was a "well educated, late Senator" from SC! LOL

It's up to you to find the altar call in scripture and prove I'm wrong.
No...It's actually up to YOU to present your arguments instead of just coming here spouting your assinine ideologies. So, please, prove your point or move along.

You seem to love the word "sacrament". Do you even KNOW what a sacrament is? The Baptist church doesn't use sacraments. You sound like another poster here who had delusions of grandeur believing he was a "well educated, late Senator" from SC! LOL
It's a sacrament not found in scripture that the misled trust in for their salvation.

It's a sacrament not found in scripture that the misled trust in for their salvation.
Again...the use of a word you probably know nothing about...Prove your point or move along...REPEATING THINGS OVER AND OVER DON'T MAKE IT SO.

Again...the use of a word you probably know nothing about...Prove your point or move along...REPEATING THINGS OVER AND OVER DON'T MAKE IT SO.
You need to prove your point with scripture. Since it does not exist I can only point that out.

No...It's actually up to YOU to present your arguments instead of just coming here spouting your assinine ideologies. So, please, prove your point or move along.
You cannot back your claim with scripture. May claim is that you cannot. = proven

You need to prove your point with scripture. Since it does not exist I can only point that out.
No...once again..you're the one spouting crap and running in a circle without posting definitive proof...very disingenuous of you!

You cannot back your claim with scripture. May claim is that you cannot. = proven
You're the one spouting idiocy and then retreating...PROVE YOUR POINT OR MOVE ALONG, LOSER!

No...once again..you're the one spouting crap and running in a circle without posting definitive proof...very disingenuous of you!
Altar calls are not scriptural. I proved you haven't any scripture supporting them.

Okay, probably my last reply regarding this because we seem to be talking past each other, but repeating things and declaring them by fiat ad nauseum isn't a productive discussion style, so to reiterate what's already been made abundantly clear....the abuse of a thing doesn't make the thing itself bad/wrong. If the theology/gospel of the preaching/talking group/person/pastor is not shallow 1-2-3 pray-with-me type then the emphasis and clarity of the gospel preacher will be placed on trusting Christ, not the words of the prayer recited (nor will the emphasis be placed on any of the actions of the one hearing the gospel). In the event that a person inadvertantly confuses these facts and thinks that they have part in their salvation, in a Christian worship/church setting, they will be made subsequently aware of their erroneous understanding by the natural process of exposition of the words of the gospel via hearing the preached word. I can vouch for that personally with an anecdotal example. After I trusted Christ, for the next several months as I attended church and started to hear the word I began to grow. One misunderstanding I brought to my encounter with Christ was the question of "why would God create a man that He had to kill in my place (ie, one who didn't exist in any sense prior to 2000 years ago)? Through the steady diet of the word, like the doctrine of the incarnation and eternal sonship, I came to understand in a more full orbed sense that Christ was equal to God in every essence, including His eternal nature. In the same way, a person who mistakenly thinks their own deeds, whether a prayer they prayed, or their baptism, or any other, will come to see their error through the grace of God's preached word and either submit to His Lordship on these saving truths (showing that they are led of the Spirit and born again) or they will reject them and return to the realization and awareness of their unquickened state.

Okay, probably my last reply regarding this because we seem to be talking past each other, but repeating things and declaring them by fiat ad nauseum isn't a productive discussion style, so to reiterate what's already been made abundantly clear....the abuse of a thing doesn't make the thing itself bad/wrong. If the theology/gospel of the preaching/talking group/person/pastor is not shallow 1-2-3 pray-with-me type then the emphasis and clarity of the gospel preacher will be placed on trusting Christ, not the words of the prayer recited (nor will the emphasis be placed on any of the actions of the one hearing the gospel). In the event that a person inadvertantly confuses these facts and thinks that they have part in their salvation, in a Christian worship/church setting, they will be made subsequently aware of their erroneous understanding by the natural process of exposition of the words of the gospel via hearing the preached word. I can vouch for that personally with an anecdotal example. After I trusted Christ, for the next several months as I attended church and started to hear the word I began to grow. One misunderstanding I brought to my encounter with Christ was the question of "why would God create a man that He had to kill in my place (ie, one who didn't exist in any sense prior to 2000 years ago)? Through the steady diet of the word, like the doctrine of the incarnation and eternal sonship, I came to understand in a more full orbed sense that Christ was equal to God in every essence, including His eternal nature. In the same way, a person who mistakenly thinks their own deeds, whether a prayer they prayed, or their baptism, or any other, will come to see their error through the grace of God's preached word and either submit to His Lordship on these saving truths (showing that they are led of the Spirit and born again) or they will reject them and return to the realization and awareness of their unquickened state.
Altar calls are not biblical.

Altar calls are not scriptural. I proved you haven't any scripture supporting them.
Get back to me when you know how to debate and do it honestly. I don't have time for the Strom's, Vinney's, and trolls.