BEWARE: Are You Encouraging Apostasy?

My spidee senses started tingling right away from reading his syntax (not unlike a recent participant in our midst), and my first impressions was that this might be a bot toying with a forum, posing as a human, wanting to be a bot creator, lol.
Bots creating bots... back in the 60s and 70s, this was the stuff of sci-fi/horror movies. Could those flicks have actually been documentaries?

Bots creating bots... back in the 60s and 70s, this was the stuff of sci-fi/horror movies. Could those flicks have actually been documentaries?

Preparing soon to hear......this...

Tongue users for private use have wrested the scriptures for their own end taking verses like 1 Corinthians 14:2,4,14 out of context of why Paul is exhorting prophesy over tongues because according to the precedent set in 1 Corinthians 12:4-21, none of the gifts are for private use but for the profit of the assembly.

The KJV has led people to error regarding its ADDITION of the word "unknown."

The KJV has led people to error regarding its ADDITION of the word "unknown."
And what error is that by use of the word "unknown"?

It is applied to clarify in English the truth that the tongue speaker does not know that foreign language.

Compare that with the NIV, you would not know what is meant by this "tongue" until you read later on in the NIV that someone else has to interpret that tongue and why the tongue speaker has to pray that someone else will interpret that tongue he does not understand so he can understand the tongue so that the tongue will be fruitful to himself as the tongue speaker. 1 Corinthians 14th Chapter KJV VS NIV

I would say right away, at verse 2 in the KJV, the reader understands that God's gift of tongues is a language he does not understand for why he needs interpretation for that tongue to be fruitful and thus truly edifying himself by with interpretation.

So unless you wish to clarify what false teaching that the use of "unknown" tongue brings about, the charge is dubious and has to be false, probably propagated by anti-KJVers in their campaigns that you picked that up from.

Foreign languages are known tongues.
If I do not know the language; to me, it is an "Unknown Tongue." I may have understanding that the person is speaking French, Italian, Spanish, or Cebuano but I still have no idea what they are saying. Therefore, it is an "Unknown Tongue" and I need an interpreter in order to converse.

With this in mind, I really have no problem with the italicized word unknown in the KJV translation of 1 Cor 14. English is a "Tongue" in which I have perfect understanding and everyone speaks with one "Tongue" (language) or another! Therefore, what exactly am I saying with "He who speaks in a "Tongue," he edifies himself"? If the "Tongue" is English, I understand perfectly and if the conversation is substantive, I will receive edification as well as the listener!

The context is well understood that Paul is speaking of "Tongues" that are UNKNOWN to the congregation and therefore require the use of an interpreter to understand what the speaker is saying. We further understand that in Apostolic times that people supernaturally spoke in other languages that were naturally UNKNOWN to the one speaking, and others supernaturally understood such languages that were naturally UNKNOWN to the listener but I digress...

I therefore believe the KJV translators were right to include the italicized word unknown so that the reader understands that the TONGUES in question is a FOREIGN LANGUAGE! I am not knowledgeable enough with Greek in order to parse out the passage but I have a hunch that the underlying Greek makes this clear as well.

I would therefore assert that the problem is not with the KJV translators but with the "Careless-Maniacs" who are twisting and wresting the passage to mean that an "Unknown Tongue" is a language that is made up on the fly that is not known to anyone else on the face of the earth!
But not what the tongue speakers know, for to him it is an unknown tongue for why he needs an interpreter for him to understand that tongue for that tongue to be fruitful to himself in edifying himself.
The passage reads "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself" which implies that the one speaking understands what he is saying and the tongue is therefore unknown to the congregation but not to him.

If I do not know the language; to me, it is an "Unknown Tongue." I may have understanding that the person is speaking French, Italian, Spanish, or Cebuano but I still have no idea what they are saying. Therefore, it is an "Unknown Tongue" and I need an interpreter in order to converse.

With this in mind, I really have no problem with the italicized word unknown in the KJV translation of 1 Cor 14. English is a "Tongue" in which I have perfect understanding and everyone speaks with one "Tongue" (language) or another! Therefore, what exactly am I saying with "He who speaks in a "Tongue," he edifies himself"? If the "Tongue" is English, I understand perfectly and if the conversation is substantive, I will receive edification as well as the listener!

The context is well understood that Paul is speaking of "Tongues" that are UNKNOWN to the congregation and therefore require the use of an interpreter to understand what the speaker is saying. We further understand that in Apostolic times that people supernaturally spoke in other languages that were naturally UNKNOWN to the one speaking, and others supernaturally understood such languages that were naturally UNKNOWN to the listener but I digress...

I therefore believe the KJV translators were right to include the italicized word unknown so that the reader understands that the TONGUES in question is a FOREIGN LANGUAGE! I am not knowledgeable enough with Greek in order to parse out the passage but I have a hunch that the underlying Greek makes this clear as well.

I would therefore assert that the problem is not with the KJV translators but with the "Careless-Maniacs" who are twisting and wresting the passage to mean that an "Unknown Tongue" is a language that is made up on the fly that is not known to anyone else on the face of the earth!
I agree with as Truth, but not in regards to verse 4 being that tongue as English that the person understands since he would not be considered as speaking in tongues but prophesying instead.
The passage reads "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself" which implies that the one speaking understands what he is saying and the tongue is therefore unknown to the congregation but not to him.
Seeing when tongues is manifested in that believer, he does not understand that tongue, study is needed to see what Peter would say as hard to understand sometimes as I would believe this is one such an occurrence.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

When verse 4 is taken in context with that chapter, what the person says in an unknown language can truly be edifying once the tongue speaker understands it after interpretation, but the point of verse 4 was to signify how prophesy is better than tongues and all other spiritual gifts after following verse 1. If you notice verse 5, there is that continent of "except he interpret" for the tonue speaker to understanding that tongue in verse 4 in order for himself to be edified by.

1 Corinthians 14:1Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

If you switch our "For" at the beginning of verse 2 with "Because".. you may see the point Paul is trying to make for exhorting prophesy over all spiritual gifts and began to show a comparison of tongues against prophesy to prove this exhortation that prophesy is the best gift to seek after over all spiritual gifts, especially tongues.

When we read on, we find that Paul stresses those that speak in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, they the tongue speaker should pray that some one else may interpret while speaking in tongues so that the tongue speaker may understand it for that tongue to be fruitful to himself as Paul once again stresses prophesy over all spiritual gifts for the edification of the body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

So verse 4 in context is best understood that God's gift of tongues can edify the tongue speaker when it is interpreted otherwise he does not understand that tongue and is unfruitful to himself until it is interpreted by another.

There is another supernatural tongue in the world that is just gibberish nonsense as found in the occult Isaiah 8:19 and world's religions & idolatry The History of Tongues: Pagan Practices

Because they promote the baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues at Azusa Street Revival is why they have perverted the simplicity of the gospel in committing spiritual adultery in receiving Jesus Christ aka salvation by a sign of tongues. Matthew 12:38-40 That is why that tongue is just gibberish nonsense for why there is no interpretation coming, because it is not the real God's gift of tongues as Paul gave the bottom line on tongues just in case they did not understand what he was saying like in verse 2 as if tongues are for speaking TO God.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

This is what seekers get for being led astray at their salvation by seeking a sign that they had received the Holy Spirit and thus salvation. They got saved when they believed in Jesus Christ, but got led astray by seeking a sign afterwards of having received the Holy Spirit and thus salvation rather than having received Him by faith in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith..... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

It is a false calling and a false gospel of tongues for why it is not written as "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through tongues....For ye are all the children of God by tongues in Christ Jesus."

I know sinners ridiculed the Biblical prophesy of a one world church that is coming in the great tribulation, but gibberish nonsense tongues is everywhere and that can be served as a, ecumenical means to unite sinners in the world under that one world religion by.

Last edited:
But not what the tongue speakers know, for to him it is an unknown tongue for why he needs an interpreter for him to understand that tongue for that tongue to be fruitful to himself in edifying himself.
It is a known language, because Paul requires that someone in the room be able to interpret it (1 Cor. 14:7), or else the speaker is speaking uselessly (v. 9).

It is a known language, because Paul requires that someone in the room be able to interpret it (1 Cor. 14:7), or else the speaker is speaking uselessly (v. 9).
Not sure why you are saying that as it only confirms what I am saying as well per the my quote you are replying to.

Many on this forum do not know how to speak Latin, Greek, Hebrew.

That is not the same as being "unknown." As the charismatics have taken this word to mean.

Definitely a bot answer, and riddled with AI Ideology. Thank you for proving to me what you are. I appreciate it. Now I know not to waste my time on you. May someone pull your plug.
If I recall correctly, it seems like a certain poster came on one of the iterations of the FFF completely taking it over with their mindless droning and pretty much running everyone else off! Think Vincent Massi on steroids!

Kinda like this guy:
Mr Smith The Matrix.jpg

If I recall correctly, it seems like a certain poster came on one of the iterations of the FFF completely taking it over with their mindless droning and pretty much running everyone else off! Think Vincent Massi on steroids!
You thinking of "I Am Am Angel" on the previous forum?

The difference, I think, is that this guy (like Vince) is just trying to be the centre of attention, whereas Angel seemed like someone who was actively trying to spam the forum into unusability.

You thinking of "I Am Am Angel" on the previous forum?

The difference, I think, is that this guy (like Vince) is just trying to be the centre of attention, whereas Angel seemed like someone who was actively trying to spam the forum into unusability.
Yep, "I am an Angel" would be the person. If that was his objective, his methodology was quite effective and whoever was running the forum at the time pretty much enabled him.

Yep, "I am an Angel" would be the person. If that was his objective, his methodology was quite effective and whoever was running the forum at the time pretty much enabled him.
To be fair, nobody was actually running the forum at the time, as the owner was an absentee landlord who only stepped into ban people who complained about how unusable and spam-filled the forum was getting.

Not that I'm thinking of any users in particular, of course.

To be fair, nobody was actually running the forum at the time, as the owner was an absentee landlord who only stepped into ban people who complained about how unusable and spam-filled the forum was getting.

Not that I'm thinking of any users in particular, of course.
Andrew right?

I agree with as Truth, but not in regards to verse 4 being that tongue as English that the person understands since he would not be considered as speaking in tongues but prophesying instead.

Seeing when tongues is manifested in that believer, he does not understand that tongue, study is needed to see what Peter would say as hard to understand sometimes as I would believe this is one such an occurrence.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

When verse 4 is taken in context with that chapter, what the person says in an unknown language can truly be edifying once the tongue speaker understands it after interpretation, but the point of verse 4 was to signify how prophesy is better than tongues and all other spiritual gifts after following verse 1. If you notice verse 5, there is that continent of "except he interpret" for the tonue speaker to understanding that tongue in verse 4 in order for himself to be edified by.

1 Corinthians 14:1Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

If you switch our "For" at the beginning of verse 2 with "Because".. you may see the point Paul is trying to make for exhorting prophesy over all spiritual gifts and began to show a comparison of tongues against prophesy to prove this exhortation that prophesy is the best gift to seek after over all spiritual gifts, especially tongues.

When we read on, we find that Paul stresses those that speak in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, they the tongue speaker should pray that some one else may interpret while speaking in tongues so that the tongue speaker may understand it for that tongue to be fruitful to himself as Paul once again stresses prophesy over all spiritual gifts for the edification of the body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

So verse 4 in context is best understood that God's gift of tongues can edify the tongue speaker when it is interpreted otherwise he does not understand that tongue and is unfruitful to himself until it is interpreted by another.

There is another supernatural tongue in the world that is just gibberish nonsense as found in the occult Isaiah 8:19 and world's religions & idolatry The History of Tongues: Pagan Practices

Because they promote the baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues at Azusa Street Revival is why they have perverted the simplicity of the gospel in committing spiritual adultery in receiving Jesus Christ aka salvation by a sign of tongues. Matthew 12:38-40 That is why that tongue is just gibberish nonsense for why there is no interpretation coming, because it is not the real God's gift of tongues as Paul gave the bottom line on tongues just in case they did not understand what he was saying like in verse 2 as if tongues are for speaking TO God.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

This is what seekers get for being led astray at their salvation by seeking a sign that they had received the Holy Spirit and thus salvation. They got saved when they believed in Jesus Christ, but got led astray by seeking a sign afterwards of having received the Holy Spirit and thus salvation rather than having received Him by faith in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith..... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

It is a false calling and a false gospel of tongues for why it is not written as "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through tongues....For ye are all the children of God by tongues in Christ Jesus."

I know sinners ridiculed the Biblical prophesy of a one world church that is coming in the great tribulation, but gibberish nonsense tongues is everywhere and that can be served as a, ecumenical means to unite sinners in the world under that one world religion by.
May I ask what in the world you've been smoking, that is, if you're a real person, which you've not proven yet? Many here still believe you to be ChatGPT!