Bob Ross is Out

Brethren, it might be time to cut this thread. There is still nothing, anywhere, about Bob Ross's trial, and I feel safe in saying that the charges were dropped. Tom Vineyard is keeping his father's faithful staff on the payroll, but Bob Ross is not one of them (Remember that he had left a few years before things fell apart for him in Texas). Bob is on the advisory board of the college, but I cannot find out how many students they have. I have twice contacted the Mesquite Police Department to ask about Bob's case and they have not answered me.

The church appears to be doing well, and they currently report over 90 students in their school. They appear to have "written-off" Bob. If I ever find anything new, I'll post it here and I hope others will do the same, but I don't expect much.

Two doctrinal points:

1) The doctrine that man-made rules are both the cause and result of holiness was shot to pieces long ago. Both the adult and the teen-age girl were following man-made standards and yet they were guilty.

2) I don't now where Bob got the doctrine that a church has the means of solving every problem within itself,  but he didn't get it from Scripture. More than one disgraced church has learned that they are not capable of conducting a police investigation. Bob really believed both doctrines, and both doctrines failed miserably.

Bob Ross was Godly when I knew him at HAC, and he was Godly when I knew him at OBC. I can't get hold of Bob, but wherever he is, I hope that he is doing well.

Vince Massi said:
Bob Ross was Godly when I knew him at HAC, and he was Godly when I knew him at OBC. I can't get hold of Bob, but wherever he is, I hope that he is doing well.

I hope  that he is glorifying God in whatever he's doing; however, I don't think that I would care to attend any church he pastors.

I just did an internet search and can find nothing new on Bob Ross. It also appears that the college only has two administrators and is not posting its numbers.

Brethren, something came up on another site that suggest a THEORY, which might not be true. And it might be true in some areas but not in others.

To begin:

Many Christians on this forum and others insist that they would have objected if they had seen evidence of immorality among the leadership.

Decades ago, we had a guy who kept taking pretty high school girls out of church services to flirt with them in the lobby He was elected to the school board and showed up at my class, telling me that as a school board member he was taking some of the girls (all of them pretty) into the hallway during my class. It ended with a shouting match, in which I told him that I would not leave him alone with these girls. They had a meeting, I was ordered never to disuss it, and I never saw him again. His actions, however, were known to various church members. Two years later (and this is important) a Godly deacon insisted that he knew nothing about it. And the day after it happened, I found that the other teachers, all of whom were Godly, were united that I had done the wrong thing.

Around twenty years ago, "Pretty Boy," one of Vineyard's Gangsters, posted his story on the FF. Bragging about his violent crime, he mourned the penalty that he had received...and sympathy posts poured in.

No repentance, no admission of wrong-doing, and he even bragged about his wrongs. And not one person wrote in to object to his sins.

600 views for these two posts? And now I've rejected the theory that started them and don't want to discuss it.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that most Christians will not report abuse, and therefore have no business criticizing others for not reporting it. A surprising exception--Bob Ross's church, where some people did report the abuse.

I just did an internet search and can find nothing new on Bob Ross. It also appears that the college only has two administrators and is not posting its numbers.

Brethren, something came up on another site that suggest a THEORY, which might not be true. And it might be true in some areas but not in others.

To begin:

Many Christians on this forum and others insist that they would have objected if they had seen evidence of immorality among the leadership.

Decades ago, we had a guy who kept taking pretty high school girls out of church services to flirt with them in the lobby He was elected to the school board and showed up at my class, telling me that as a school board member he was taking some of the girls (all of them pretty) into the hallway during my class. It ended with a shouting match, in which I told him that I would not leave him alone with these girls. They had a meeting, I was ordered never to disuss it, and I never saw him again. His actions, however, were known to various church members. Two years later (and this is important) a Godly deacon insisted that he knew nothing about it. And the day after it happened, I found that the other teachers, all of whom were Godly, were united that I had done the wrong thing.

It is shameful that truth is subordinated to "not harming the ministry" -- if these things are going on in "the ministry", IT NEEDS TO BE HARMED! Sometimes, things are covered up to protect our heroes... if we worship men more than we respect God, heaven help us to repent.

600 views for these two posts? And now I've rejected the theory that started them and don't want to discuss it.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that most Christians will not report abuse, and therefore have no business criticizing others for not reporting it. A surprising exception--Bob Ross's church, where some people did report the abuse.

I'm glad they did... they may have learned a lesson from the previous pastor, who had people covering for him.

Well his infamous grandson Jesse Jackson (Stone) still makes Facebook videos about "Don't Judge Others".

FINALLY! Some news.

On May 10, 2019, Steve Winn, the volunteer assistant youth director at Bob Ross's church, was put on trial. He pled guilty and was sentenced to four years.

"Today [May 10, 2019], Winn pleaded guilty to three counts of sexually abusing a child and was sentenced to four years in prison. After release, Winn will have to register as a sex offender. According to the Dallas News, Winn still faces one count of sexual assault of a child in Kaufman County. He was indicted on the charge last month."

As of May 10, 2019: "Robert ?Bob? Ross, the pastor of Open Door, was arrested in April 2018 and charged with failing to report the alleged abuse. He remains free on a $2,500 bond."

The entire article can be read here: https://brucegerencser.net/tag/open-door-baptist-church-mesquite/

According to this record search: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=04

On August 4th, 2020 a disposition was finally given in this case of "NAOG" which means Nonadjudication of guilt (Plea Agreed). 3 Months of probation. So case is now closed on this one.

Ah yes, "Don't Judge" -- the cry of the worldly Christian.

Christians are required to make judgments. We need to do our best to make righteous judgments and not hypocritical judgments.

Just for the record, the only thing I know about his grandson Jesse is his name; I am not accusing him of being a worldly Christian; I'm just saying that the "Don't judge him" line is common among worldly people.

Jesse still makes Facebook Live Videos defending his grandfather which is understandable but he always "Don't Judge" and yes unfortunately he may be a worldly Christian who's now part of the N.A.R. It's too bad Jesse never made peace with Jim Vineyard. Don't think Tom will ever will be willing to bury the hatchet on those who left the flock.

I had to look up "Non Adjudication of Guilt." While it varies between states and counties, it usually means that the person was not found guilty but must serve a period of probation or even community service. If the person meets the requirements, the charges are then usually dismissed.

I had to look up "Non Adjudication of Guilt." While it varies between states and counties, it usually means that the person was not found guilty but must serve a period of probation or even community service. If the person meets the requirements, the charges are then usually dismissed.

I got on today, but apparently there system is being updated. I will try again tomorrow. NonAdjudication means that as long as he follows their rules for his probation we end it ends then it will be consider as "Not Guilty".

Here are some screen shots with the courts disposition codes below

Case Update.JPG

Disposition.JPG

Jesse Jackson (Stone), yes the famous bodybuilder is standing strong behind his grandpa. Jesse got divorced a few years back as she was having an affair but that's another story. In addition to making "Don't Judge" videos, Jesse also makes "Anti-Infidelity" videos also.

Seriously, hopefully Bro. Ross comes out of this ok. If he obeys the rules of probation, he'll get the charges dropped. He was definitely a pillar at WHBC/OBC and one of Jimmy's top guys.

Wonder how Ross feels that his grandson is now a seeker sensitive liberal who voted for Joe Biden.

Wonder how Ross feels that his grandson is now a seeker sensitive liberal who voted for Joe Biden.

You know he voted for Biden how? Did you ask him? Your trolling is as bad as Biden's incoherent speech. Find something better to do.

Let's see, Jesse left the IFB movement to become a bodybuilder. He's a worldly Christian who made Facebook videos on "Don't Judge" defending Ross. Jesse also attends a worldly prosperity gospel church in Frisco run by heretic Keith Craft. Jesse voted for Biden as did former OBC student Joel McCarty. McCarty is now a liberal hipster megachurch pastor. So the kids who left OBC (also including Tatyana Rupe) are now full liberals who support Biden. Joel McCarty also claims Steven Furtick as one of his mentors and Jesse Stone (Jackson) left no stone unturned when left the Vineyards and you know Tommy Boy and ol' Jim never let that grudge go.

At least Caleb Garraway and Michael Shaver remained loyal to the IFB's and the Vineyards.

Now seriously Caleb needs to campaign to run for President in 2024 so there won't be a pedophile loving liberal in the White House. Caleb is Pulling America.

I'm not sure whether to post this here, or to start a new thread.
With the plea bargain agreement (NAOG), the charges should have been dismissed in Nov 2020 (after the 3-month probation).

However, I was talking with a man who said that Bob Ross is blameless; what actually happened is that Bob Ross was out of town when all of this stuff happened. An assistant pastor reached out to Bob Ross to tell him about what happened, and Bob Ross told him to call the police and report it. The assistant failed to do so, and blamed Bob Ross.
That's the story I was told by this guy. Kind of puts a different light on it, if true.
I'm not sure that I believe it, but it could be true... the problem I'm having is that I heard him preach once, and (if I remember correctly), he preached that the authority is always right, and I abhor that doctrine... so, I'm finding it hard to be completely objective.

Ah yes, "Don't Judge" -- the cry of the worldly Christian.

Christians are required to make judgments. We need to do our best to make righteous judgments and not hypocritical judgments.

Just for the record, the only thing I know about his grandson Jesse is his name; I am not accusing him of being a worldly Christian; I'm just saying that the "Don't judge him" line is common among worldly people.

Wonder what his woke grandson Jesse Jackson thinks now? Too bad Jesse became a SJW soy boy who worships Joe Biden. Mr. Stone (Jesse) should just stick to his bodybuilding career and being mentored by false teacher Keith Craft.