Bob Ross is Out

Ken Brown said:
Is WHBC and OBC completely closed? I heard they had sold the church property and moved.

The church folded and was sold to another group, leaving the congregation awash in cash. Tom Vineyard took the survivors to nearby Higher Plain Baptist Church  that had called him as pastor. They seem to be doing well and are having a remodeling program of the auditorium.

OBC is forbidden by state law to grant degrees, but it can grant diplomas; they do not explain this on their website. They continue to pretend to be a college and do not explain to prospective students that they are regarded as a failed institution.

Vince Massi said:
Ken Brown said:
Is WHBC and OBC completely closed? I heard they had sold the church property and moved.

The church folded and was sold to another group, leaving the congregation awash in cash. Tom Vineyard took the survivors to nearby Higher Plain Baptist Church  that had called him as pastor. They seem to be doing well and are having a remodeling program of the auditorium.

OBC is forbidden by state law to grant degrees, but it can grant diplomas; they do not explain this on their website. They continue to pretend to be a college and do not explain to prospective students that they are regarded as a failed institution.

The old property on 23rd is now owned by a ministry named In the Gap. Their website is at:

https://www.inthegap.org/

After asking about the status of WHBC, I did some more searching and ran across the connection with Higher Plain Baptist Church. It was not clear if WHBC had simply changed its name or combined with an existing church. I noticed that none of the reviews on Google are older than 10 months; about the same time the church was sold. I also noticed that WHBC seems to make no mention of its new name or new address on its old website; not too surprising considering WHBC?s rather negative reputation with the average person living in Central Oklahoma. It seems the church is hoping for a fresh start.

Anyway, Tom Vineyard is now at Higher Plain Baptist Church, Northwest 122nd Street, Oklahoma City, OK

http://higherplain.org/

Ken Brown said:
Vince Massi said:
Ken Brown said:

The old property on 23rd is now owned by a ministry named In the Gap. Their website is at:

After asking about the status of WHBC, I did some more searching and ran across the connection with Higher Plain Baptist Church. It was not clear if WHBC had simply changed its name or combined with an existing church. I noticed that none of the reviews on Google are older than 10 months; about the same time the church was sold. I also noticed that WHBC seems to make no mention of its new name or new address on its old website; not too surprising considering WHBC?s rather negative reputation with the average person living in Central Oklahoma. It seems the church is hoping for a fresh start.

Anyway, Tom Vineyard is now at Higher Plain Baptist Church, Northwest 122nd Street, Oklahoma City, OK

Not that it matters but there are some error in your story

the church did not fold and Vineyard was not called to pastor another church.
The Pastor ( who owns the property personally ) sold it and bought bought another church property. This is one of the reasons he was never voted out because He is the sole owner of the property and ministry.

The college is a shell of what it used to be back in its day.

Saved by Grace said:
Ken Brown said:
Vince Massi said:
Ken Brown said:

Not that it matters but there are some error in your story

the church did not fold and Vineyard was not called to pastor another church.
The Pastor ( who owns the property personally ) sold it and bought bought another church property. This is one of the reasons he was never voted out because He is the sole owner of the property and ministry.

The college is a shell of what it used to be back in its day.

Windsor Hills was a Southern Baptist church when it called Jim Vineyard in around 1977. I can understand how he could swing getting a church that was owned by the Southern Baptists changed to one owned by the church's own membership but how did he talk the membership into giving the ownership to him alone? Even with Vineyards 'leadership style' I would have thought the membership would have had a tiny bit more sense than that. That decision so lacks any sort of wisdom or coherent thought it is hard to believe even in the IFB world.

I appreciate the Christian courtesy of everyone on this thread.

The story that WHBC was owned by the pastor pops up every few years. It wasn't true when I was there, and the building and property were large enough that I don't believe it was ever true.

As the congregation died off, the people opposed to Jim (and later Tom) left, which then kept their loyalists in the majority. That is why they were never fired.

Concerning the final demise of WHBC, there really is a blurred confusion between the law, the facts, and the way it was explained. However, EFFECTIVELY, WHBC sold its property to another group, and the small surviving congregation took its money to  Higher Plain Baptist Church, with Tom Vineyard as its pastor.

Vince Massi said:
I appreciate the Christian courtesy of everyone on this thread.

The story that WHBC was owned by the pastor pops up every few years. It wasn't true when I was there, and the building and property were large enough that I don't believe it was ever true.

As the congregation died off, the people opposed to Jim (and later Tom) left, which then kept their loyalists in the majority. That is why they were never fired.

Concerning the final demise of WHBC, there really is a blurred confusion between the law, the facts, and the way it was explained. However, EFFECTIVELY, WHBC sold its property to another group, and the small surviving congregation took its money to  Higher Plain Baptist Church, with Tom Vineyard as its pastor.

Perhaps the name will be changed later to Lower Plain Baptist Church.

After the regrettable experience of going to HAC and attending FBCH for five years, I learned enough to steer clear of certain IBC churches. I knew enough people who served under Vineyard while he was still in Hammond and who attended WHBC in OKC to know all I needed to know about Vineyard's style of 'leadership'.

Vince Massi said:
On March 24, 2019, Bob Ross was a guest speaker at a church, but I can't find out the name of the church.

April 3, 2019, will mark the one-year anniversary of his arrest.

Open Door Baptist Church of Mesquite, Texas, got a new pastor, but has not posted anything since January.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that charges were dropped.

I assume Open Door is moving ahead... but I don't think that the charges can be dropped.

Walt said:
Vince Massi said:
On March 24, 2019, Bob Ross was a guest speaker at a church, but I can't find out the name of the church.

April 3, 2019, will mark the one-year anniversary of his arrest.

Open Door Baptist Church of Mesquite, Texas, got a new pastor, but has not posted anything since January.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that charges were dropped.

I assume Open Door is moving ahead... but I don't think that the charges can be dropped.

They have selected another pastor but i dont know about the charges ....kinda odd there has been NO movement regarding this

FINALLY! Some news.

On May 10, 2019, Steve Winn, the volunteer assistant youth director at Bob Ross's church, was put on trial. He pled guilty and was sentenced to four years.

"Today [May 10, 2019], Winn pleaded guilty to three counts of sexually abusing a child and was sentenced to four years in prison. After release, Winn will have to register as a sex offender.  According to the Dallas News, Winn still faces one count of sexual assault of a child in Kaufman County. He was indicted on the charge last month."

As of May 10, 2019: "Robert ?Bob? Ross, the pastor of Open Door, was arrested in April 2018 and charged with failing to report the alleged abuse. He remains free on a $2,500 bond."

The entire article can be read here: https://brucegerencser.net/tag/open-door-baptist-church-mesquite/

http://www.klif.com/2019/05/11/mesquite-youth-pastor-sentenced-to-prison/

http://www.fox4news.com/news/fmr-north-texas-youth-pastor-sentenced-for-sexual-assault-of-a-child////

Vince Massi said:
http://www.klif.com/2019/05/11/mesquite-youth-pastor-sentenced-to-prison/

http://www.fox4news.com/news/fmr-north-texas-youth-pastor-sentenced-for-sexual-assault-of-a-child////

but what of Bob Ross ? did they set a court date or did the case fall apart?

"but what of Bob Ross ? did they set a court date or did the case fall apart?"

They didn't say. The first article, which is ONLY a summary of what the news media reports, stated that Ross is still out on bail--in other words, the author cannot find any news articles on him.

It might be that the courts want to wait to make sure that the volunteer youth worker in Ross's church actually does get convicted. Since he did get convicted, Ross's case might finally go to court.

LAST YEAR, on August 24, 2018 a public school teacher's aide in Mesquite, Texas (where Bob Ross's church is located) was sentenced to 60 years without parole for sexually abusing a 6 year old boy.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/08/24/former-texas-teachers-aide-prison-sexual-abuse-boy/

The woman had been arrested in August 2016, two years earlier. I cannot find a specific reason for the two-year delay, but one report stated that investigators wanted to have psychologists observe the boy's behavior, and that would have taken time. This might explain the delay with Bob Ross's case.

The new pastor of Bob Ross's former church is active on Twitter, and he is reporting that the church is doing well and is growing. He makes no mention of Bob.

THE Jesse Jackson (real name Jesse Stone) made another Facebook video about "not judging others". If you're friends with him on Facebook you can see the article from the Dallas Morning News where he was interviewed about Ross and the IFB's. Tatiyana Rupa also made a Facebook post and she's gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to the left like Jesse and former IFB Preacher Boy turned Megachurch Pastor Joel McCarty

TheAlvinChimpmunk said:
THE Jesse Jackson (real name Jesse Stone) made another Facebook video about "not judging others". If you're friends with him on Facebook you can see the article from the Dallas Morning News where he was interviewed about Ross and the IFB's.
It's good to see somebody else posting on this thread.

Alvin, I tried to locate the Dallas Morning News article. Could you give a link or "cut and paste" it here? Thank you.

It's on Jesse's FB page. He's gone wayyyyyyyyyyy to the left and now sits under the feet of TBN/PTL Club false teacher Keith Craft in Dallas. Jesse was quick to make videos judging his grandpa Ross.

60201915_10211350695402506_3009407709414948864_n.jpg

TheAlvinChimpmunk said:
It's on Jesse's FB page.

What a total idiot you are.  You do realize (of course you don't.  Your IQ is below 10) that one would have to figure out *which* Jesse Stone and then if the post is not Public, only his friends can see it.

He asked for the link.  Yet you take the time to post a graphic.  What a total jerk and loser.

TheAlvinChimpmunk said:
And you're a complete moron and a douchebag

Careful with that kind of talk, or your mom will kick you out of her basement and change the wi-fi password.