Bright Future of Independent Baptists.

Jimmyjammer said:
You and your camp keep bringing up circular arguments. It's the usual strategy of the modern textual critic crowd of when combating all of the KJVO defenders.

"KJVO defenders" could stop using petitio principii, and the accusation of arguing in circles would disappear. But their bad intellectual habit of assuming the conclusion they need to prove has been around for considerably more than 20 years...

Ransom said:
Jimmyjammer said:
You and your camp keep bringing up circular arguments. It's the usual strategy of the modern textual critic crowd of when combating all of the KJVO defenders.

"KJVO defenders" could stop using petitio principii, and the accusation of arguing in circles would disappear. But their bad intellectual habit of assuming the conclusion they need to prove has been around for considerably more than 20 years...
And everything you seek to justify yourself has to be based upon what you don't have in your possession from 2000 years ago.

No, soon or later you're going down that road too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
Jimmyjammer said:
You say I deny the Trinity? At what point did I say that I don't acknowledge the distinctions within the Godhead?

When given the opportunity, multiple times, to express what you actually believe, you just post vague replies. You also made a distinction, above that you are not interested in engaging in the Modalist vs. Trinitarian debate because you subscribe to Godhead.
You have problems with the standard, fundamental and basic explanation of the Trinity as stated in the Athanasian Creed.

So... if you don't deny the Trinity... you certainly are being secretive.
I love how accussing JJ of every heresy you can think of, by gaslighting, is construed as "giving him multiple opportunities to express his beliefs".

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

The ?no creed but Christ ? approach is straight from liberals who hide their beliefs. Your vagueness and unwillingness to separate your beliefs from the antiTrinitarians has been noted.

Christians developed these creeds to defend against those who were against God.
Translation "I can't control you, you're  dangerous".

Individual
Soul
Liberty

It's a principal, not a creed.

prophet said:
I love how accussing JJ of every heresy you can think of, by gaslighting, is construed as "giving him multiple opportunities to express his beliefs".

Gaslighting? This is a Christian forum. Why be vague about your beliefs... especially if they are Christian beliefs?

prophet said:

Individual
Soul
Liberty

He is free to believe what he wants and has not received any moderating.

So, why the false and silly accusation?

prophet said:

Individual
Soul
Liberty

He is free to believe what he wants and has not received any moderating.

So, why the false and silly accusation?
Nice, tying it to the forum, instead of doctrine.
Clever, but obvious.

Since I don?t find him ?dangerous,? he is not being moderated.

Your kvetch is silly

Jimmyjammer said:
And everything you seek to justify yourself has to be based upon what you don't have in your possession from 2000 years ago.

There's no need to "justify" myself. I don't need a hamburger on my plate to point out KJVers have dog turd on a bun on theirs.

Then it would be the same dog turd you're eating.

Ransom said:
Jimmyjammer said:
Then it would be the same dog turd you're eating

If I was eating dog turd on a bun, I'd be a KJV-onlyist.
Your heroe were.

Idiotic argument.

Ransom said:
Ransom said:
Jimmyjammer said:
Idiotic argument.

Takes one to know one. When it comes to idiotic arguments, you're my heroe!
I proved you wrong at every step of the way. Your history knowledge is not quite up to par as you think.

Maybe you should actually read the material instead of getting your talking points from a script.

Ransom said:
Idiotic argument #1:

Jimmyjammer said:
[S]criptural authority is a real Baptist distinctive.

It's not a "distinctive."
Coming from the guy who repeats a creed to prove his doctrine.