Bright Future of Independent Baptists.

Posting numbers are on the rise.

Keep it up, fellows.  That's the only positive thing coming out of all this.

Ransom said:
Jimmyjammer said:
I fat finger everything and I don't care.

It's sort of a Random thing, right?
Sorry I pissed in your punchbowl. I didn't know your title was that important.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jimmyjammer said:
Confirmation bias

There's a famous saying about seeing a dog riding a bicycle: you're less impressed by the dog's skill than the fact that he's doing it at all.

I feel the same way when I see Jimmyjammies using words of more than three letters.

prophet said:
So you deny the history of how a famous head a philosophy School, famous for it's fatalistic central theme, ended up recruited by Constantine to establish RCC doctrine?

That'd be a neat trick, considering Constantine died 17 years before Augustine was born.

Jack H. Hyles, you are stupid.

Jimmyjammer said:

Feel free to keep making excuses why you can't spell a word that was already spelled out for you. It only makes you look more intelligent.

And now that Jammies has stopped being someone I can take seriously, and has essentially become a chew toy for anyone with an IQ in the double digits, this food fight is over for me.

Jammies will probably claim victory one more time, but that's only because he's an idiot.

Ransom said:
Jimmyjammer said:
Confirmation bias

There's a famous saying about seeing a dog riding a bicycle: you're less impressed by the dog's skill than the fact that he's doing it at all.

I feel the same way when I see Jimmyjammies using words of more than three letters.
Is that why you can't figure out one syllable Latin words from Tertullian?

Ransom said:
And now that Jammies has stopped being someone I can take seriously, and has essentially become a chew toy for anyone with an IQ in the double digits, this food fight is over for me.

Jammies will probably claim victory one more time, but that's only because he's an idiot.
I'm beginning to wonder if you're a Catholic HS student. They say the same kind of "I'm smarter than you" Nickelodeon TV comedy.

Ransom said:
Jimmyjammer said:

Feel free to keep making excuses why you can't spell a word that was already spelled out for you. It only makes you look more intelligent.
Hey, the "D" is next to the "S" on a keyboard. I'm using a phone. When someone accidentally hits the wrong button(s), and then presses enter, the name Random just might get through instead of the coveted "Ransom" title.

The Grand Pubbah has exited the building folks. You can relax now.

Ransom said:
prophet said:
So you deny the history of how a famous head a philosophy School, famous for it's fatalistic central theme, ended up recruited by Constantine to establish RCC doctrine?

That'd be a neat trick, considering Constantine died 17 years before Augustine was born.

Jack H. Hyles, you are stupid.
You're correct, and sadly, I've been suffering the beginning stages of dimentia, and my memory is chancy at best.
I will do my best to re-read everything i think i "know", before answering.

I'm sure you will have fun, at my expense.

Feel free, I am what I am, and that is rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Jimmyjammer can be a factional IFB leader.
He is true to the fundamentals of their faith.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Jimmyjammer can be a factional IFB leader.
He is true to the fundamentals of their faith.

Plus he provides the sandwiches!

Tarheel Baptist said:
?It?s true that the IB movement has experienced the negative effects of hyper-separatism, legalism, pride, It?s true that the IB movement has experienced the negative effects of hyper-separatism, legalism, pride, racial segregation, sexual infidelity, financial impropriety, ecclesiastical cover-ups.  We?ve elevated preferences to position of doctrine and openly attacked those who disagreed with our standards of righteousness.  We?ve preached the power of moralism over the power of the gospel.  Understand, I?m not accusing others of these crimes without implicating myself as directly involved or indirectly complicit.  However, things are improving.  We now see a generation of new leaders who are excited about the future, returning to Biblical authority, and refusing to repeat the mistakes of the past.[13] segregation, sexual infidelity, financial impropriety, ecclesiastical cover-ups.  We?ve elevated preferences to position of doctrine and openly attacked those who disagreed with our standards of righteousness.  We?ve preached the power of moralism over the power of the gospel.  Understand, I?m not accusing others of these crimes without implicating myself as directly involved or indirectly complicit. However, things are improving.  We now see a generation of new leaders who are excited about the future, returning to Biblical authority, and refusing to repeat the mistakes of the past.?

I think he is exactly right, the future of the IFB movement is with this group led by Teis, among others. It certainly won?t make Scowling Bob Gray or Smiling Tom Brennan happy, not to mention Twisted SaluterderSalter and Don Boys.
Funny side note..........there is an IFB preacher by the of S Cowling.