Bright Future of Independent Baptists.

Idiotic argument #2:

Jimmyjammer said:
[Y]our theology came from Rome.

. . . said Jimmyjammies, citing a confession that calls the Pope an antichrist.

Ransom said:
Idiotic argument #2:

Jimmyjammer said:
[Y]our theology came from Rome.

. . . said Jimmyjammies, citing a confession that calls the Pope an antichrist.
That is pretty funny. You brought it up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Idiotic argument #3:

Jimmyjammer said:
But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.
James:5:12

A confession of faith is just that: a positive affirmation of belief. It isn't an oath.

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
Since I don?t find him ?dangerous,? he is not being moderated.

Your kvetch is silly
You've run around this whole pasture for a week or 2, trying to toss a fence on front of a veteran hurdler, failing at every attempt, and now you want to look "well reasoned"?
You're going to have to trot out the Anti-Nicean Fathers, and defend some of the holes in your lineup.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Ransom said:
Idiotic argument #3:

Jimmyjammer said:
But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

A confession of faith is just that: a positive affirmation of belief. It isn't an oath.
So you say.

Idiotic arguments #5 and #6 (a Jimmyjammies twofer):

Jimmyjammer said:
John Calvin was a heretic who reworked Augustinian Fatalism, which came from Rome.

5) Augustinian predestination is based on exposition of the Scriptures, and is not "fatalism," since it presupposes the good purposes of an all-knowing, all-powerful God, not the blind processes of fate.

6) By "Rome" I assume you mean the Roman Catholic Church, which did not exist as an institution in the fourth century.

Ransom said:

Jimmyjammer said:
John Calvin was a heretic who reworked Augustinian Fatalism, which came from Rome.

5) Augustinian predestination is based on exposition of the Scriptures, and is not "fatalism," since it presupposes the good purposes of an all-knowing, all-powerful God, not the blind processes of fate.

6) By "Rome" I assume you mean the Roman Catholic Church, which did not exist as an institution in the fourth century.
#5 which is why Pope Gregory had to hose down the mess.

Ransom said:
Idiotic argument #3:

Jimmyjammer said:

No problem.
Then they are cute but unnecessary.
Great.
So you won't be referring to them, every time someone says "Baptist" any more?
Since no one ever swore to them, we can't really know if anyone actually agreed with them, even Spurgeon, can we?

So I'm glad you put these silly creeds to rest. 

Idiotic argument #7 and #8 (another Jimmyjammies twofer--the idiocy never seems to come in dribs and drabs, does it?):

Jimmyjammer said:
Oh yes it is! You just gave all 3 elements (minus the priest) of penance. Repentance is different. After all, God does more repenting in the Bible than man does.

7) "Minus the priest"--in other words, if you ignore the very thing that makes the Romanist idea of penance remarkably different from the Reformed definition of repentance, they're exactly the same. (And, as intellectual heavyweight Marion Barry once remarked, Washington DC has a very low crime rate if you ignore all the murders.)

8) This comes from the same person who tried to tell us that "repentance" simply means "change of mind." Why would an omnipotent, omniscient God ever need to change his mind at all, let alone more than anyone else? What did he not know that caused him to reconsider?

Ransom said:

Jimmyjammer said:

So you deny the history of how a famous head a philosophy School, famous for it's fatalistic central theme, ended up recruited by Constantine to establish RCC doctrine?

Calvinism is fatalistic, much less pure Augustinianism.

No wonder you 2 admins are such lazy students... you're elect, you've got no worries.

Idiotic argument #9:

Jimmyjammer said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paenitentiam_agere

Jimmyjammer said:
Read it and weap Random.

Here Jimmyjammies tries the classic fundy "proof by time travel" to claim that the definition of repentance in the LBCF, published in 1689, was based on a papal document published in 1962. I suppose that since both dates have a 1, 6, and 9 in them, that counts as "close enough."

He also proves he's too dim to spell "Ransom" properly, even when it's written out for him in advance. He later lied and claimed it was a "typo," albeit one limited to one specific word for some reason. LOL!

Ransom said:
Idiotic argument #7 and #8 (another Jimmyjammies twofer--the idiocy never seems to come in dribs and drabs, does it?):

Jimmyjammer said:
Oh yes it is! You just gave all 3 elements (minus the priest) of penance. Repentance is different. After all, God does more repenting in the Bible than man does.

7) "Minus the priest"--in other words, if you ignore the very thing that makes the Romanist idea of penance remarkably different from the Reformed definition of repentance, they're exactly the same. (And, as intellectual heavyweight Marion Barry once remarked, Washington DC has a very low crime rate if you ignore all the murders.)

8) This comes from the same person who tried to tell us that "repentance" simply means "change of mind." Why would an omnipotent, omniscient God ever need to change his mind at all, let alone more than anyone else? What did he not know that caused him to reconsider?
Try again
8cd7b77dee2d41b122092a6113f9bf0c.jpg

Idiotic argument #10:

Jimmyjammer said:
I quoted your stupid creed yesterday and proved that it was Catholic.

Jimmyjammies has a very loose definition of "proved." Basically, he means, "Because I said so."

And on that note, I will refrain from multiplying examples needlessly. Though, no doubt, since I didn't go on to post idiotic arguments #11-infinity, Jimmyjammies will now gloat: "See, Random? You could only find 10 places where I used idiotic arguments. That proves I'm not an idiot. ADMITTED!"