Can someone check this in the Hyles Church Manual...

Matthew1323 said:
BALAAM said:
I did not personally vote for or against schaap. I simply did not vote. Do not remember why, but I would not have voted for him regardless. And, I did not have any sick kids at the time. It may have been on a day or night when I was working?  Don't know but I thought he was kind of whacked before this came about. I really had some serious reservations about jh long before this. Nothing bad mind you but just serious disappointments between what I had been led to believe about the man and what I actually experienced. Once again, nothing bad or immoral, just total disappointment.

I agree with your take on the situation. I guess that I voted no for JH and the direction of the ministry there when we left for good in 1995. Yes, I had serious concerns whether I wanted to rear our children in the environment that he had established.

Good for you!

I wonder, had they had a vote of confidence after a year or two, what percentage would have been a no.

Yes, I've heard of this. 

I've always thought he had a psychological issue of megalomania.

patriotic said:
I wonder, had they had a vote of confidence after a year or two, what percentage would have been a no.

Yes, I've heard of this. 

I've always thought he had a psychological issue of megalomania.

It was all those years being introduced as the speaker at youth conferences around the country.

After a while you began to believe all the things they say you are.