Corporal Punishment at HB

Smellin Coffee said:
patriotic said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tennessean said:
To add to this post, would you allow your child to go to a school that practiced spanking?

If there were other viable options, no. But then again, my kids have never been in 'real' trouble in their public school.

My youngest son is a junior in our local junior high school and just last week, got his first ever detention (none of his siblings ever got a detention). Reason being, there was an outside classroom meeting and he forgot to sign in. Even though he was in the class, the administration said they deemed him as skipping it because his name/ID wasn't in the registry. He was frustrated by it but he knew the rule and I supported the school so to detention he went.

This school runs a very tight ship, even though it is a public school. The slightest bit of rowdiness at a basketball game, and the school officer bounces kids out. Bullying is absolutely not tolerated and first offense results in immediate suspension with no appeal. We are fortunate to live in a good school district with mostly honorable staff.

There are other means by which discipline can be successfully and effectively administered without spanking. If there is spanking that needs to be done, it should be left to the parents to do what is necessary. I would not allow any adult or authority figure to strike my child, even in the form of a spanking.

I don't believe any of my children would ever have required a spanking either if our school did administer them.
There was a detention here and there, but only when school was still ACE. It seems ACE curriculum seems to set students up to earn detention.  (Not an ACE fan here.) Still, it was mostly for minor stuff, and they served them while my husband and I rolled our eyes in privacy .

BTW, what grade is a junior in junior high?

Sorry, I meant a junior in high school. He is in 11th grade. My daughter is in middle school - 8th.

Oh, good.  Here I was actually thinking they had new titles or grades or something nowdays.

No! I would not send my children to a school that gave corporal punishment.

Different people have different temperaments and I'm not willing to put my children in the hands of another person, making this type decision for them.

I have no issue with someone correcting my children but spanking? No! tell me what happened and I'll take it from there.

I know this is about corporal punishment at hb and don't want to get off of the subject and I know some of you did not go to hac or fbc and may not believe this but it is true.

A man was teaching the auditorium Sunday School class at fbch (everyone would know his name) and said that his daughter-in-law administered corporal punishment to their newborn baby IN THE DELIVERY ROOM! He said that you can tell the difference between when a baby is just hungry etc. and when it is being obstinate and his DIL says "We don't do that in our house!" This is not a lie it is true and I am still kind of shocked when I think of it but we had us some wierdos over there at fbch and hb.

I am guessing the last name started with either a 'V' or a 'C'.
Here's the thing. No church is going to be without its crazies. Time to run is when the the crazies have the platform, which in their mind means they have the God-given authority to spout their crazy ideas, thus infecting the weak and impressionable within earshot. Irresponsible, reprehensible.

BALAAM said:
I know this is about corporal punishment at hb and don't want to get off of the subject and I know some of you did not go to hac or fbc and may not believe this but it is true.

A man was teaching the auditorium Sunday School class at fbch (everyone would know his name) and said that his daughter-in-law administered corporal punishment to their newborn baby IN THE DELIVERY ROOM! He said that you can tell the difference between when a baby is just hungry etc. and when it is being obstinate and his DIL says "We don't do that in our house!" This is not a lie it is true and I am still kind of shocked when I think of it but we had us some wierdos over there at fbch and hb.

If you read the works of Mike and Debi Pearl this is what they teach.

Spank infants,
Use a rod,
Don't need diapers, a parent can sense when the infant needs to use the restroom.
etc.

brainisengaged said:
I am guessing the last name started with either a 'V' or a 'C'.
Here's the thing. No church is going to be without its crazies. Time to run is when the the crazies have the platform, which in their mind means they have the God-given authority to spout their crazy ideas, thus infecting the weak and impressionable within earshot. Irresponsible, reprehensible.

No, it starts with a Dr. Cal St.......      (let your imagination run wild)