David Hyles being sued

Fiber optic.

Incidentally, Mexico has three communications satellites in orbit.

The leading edge of Hurricane Pamela arrived quietly this afternoon. Because the Gringo Zone is in a bowl in the mountains, we watch the hurricanes overhead. All we get is rain and some wind.

Wherever I choose to retire, It's essential I have reliable high speed internet with access to the FFF.
Imagine the potential! You could live next door to Vince in the Gringo Zone and give the FFF regular reports on the number of people walking around outside.

"Wherever I choose to retire, It's essential I have reliable high speed internet with access to the FFF."

I'm afraid we have it here, Sword.

Thank you Vince for the update. I know people who have retired to Mexico, Columbia, Costa Rica and areas in south America.

They all seem to live a much higher standard of living.

Sword, we have a higher standard of living because prices are lower. You have to look for stable government, good weather, good healthcare, etc. And if you only speak English, the Gringo Zone is a good place to retire.

I used to travel to the interior of Mexico by car, to visit missionaries, but in 1997 I was robbed twice on the highway by San Luis Potosi state police, so now I don't go back. Mexico was relatively safe back then - Highway 85 from Matamoros to Ciudad Victoria was not yet known as "Carretera de Muerte" (Highway of Death) but it is now.

Be careful out there.

Right you are, Illinoisguy. Highway robberies of new cars are unusual, but they do occur. Even the Mexicans tend to avoid the highways between cities at night.

Another thread hijacked by ol' Vinnie! ;)

On another site, I gave a rave review to a new restaurant. Nancy and I had large chicken salads, soft drinks, and large pieces of chocolate cake. Total price was $13.50 US.
Bad restaurants don't last long down here; good ones have prices that are far lower than in the US.

On another site, I gave a rave review to a new restaurant. Nancy and I had large chicken salads, soft drinks, and large pieces of chocolate cake. Total price was $13.50 US.
Bad restaurants don't last long down here; good ones have prices that are far lower than in the US.
Does this have anything to do with Dave Hyles being sued....Another thread hijacked by Vinney!

Now, Joe, we've been over this before. If someone goes up a few posts, they'll see that other readers changed the subject, and that your accusation is false. When you make a false accusation, you need to check around first to make sure you can't be easily discredited.
Ransom got busted one time for that, and although he's slipped a few times, he usually avoids slanders that are too easy to disprove. If you want to be like Ransom, you have to improve your ability to cover your sins.

Now, Joe, we've been over this before. If someone goes up a few posts, they'll see that other readers changed the subject, and that your accusation is false. When you make a false accusation, you need to check around first to make sure you can't be easily discredited.
Ransom got busted one time for that, and although he's slipped a few times, he usually avoids slanders that are too easy to disprove. If you want to be like Ransom, you have to improve your ability to cover your sins.
See, you have to deflect back onto Ransom...The thread started to veer off-course...yes...but you encouraged it even further. That's not a false accusation..it's a FACT. Stating a fact is NOT sin. Grow up, ALLEGED victim. Get a life and be truthful for once in your timid, deflecting, pathetic life! The only one sinning here is you. Need to check your salvation bendajo!

Mexico has three different national healthcare systems. My wife and I (both in our sixties) pay about $1200 US per year for health insurance or both of us. There is no deductible, and it includes medicine and free regular check-ups.

I had surgery for a broken arm and for a hernia, and the doctors are highly competent and did well. There is, however, a long waiting period.

Mexico has three different national healthcare systems. My wife and I (both in our sixties) pay about $1200 US per year for health insurance or both of us. There is no deductible, and it includes medicine and free regular check-ups.

I had surgery for a broken arm and for a hernia, and the doctors are highly competent and did well. There is, however, a long waiting period.
Vinnie...why don't you start your own "Mexico thread," bendajo!

Now, Joe, we went over this on another thread.

Jesus said that love of the brethren is the proof of discipleship. As a disciple, I try to help God's people wherever I can. As a disciple, I do not launch unprovoked attacks on the saints, do not post false accusations, and do not use slander as a weapon.
Jesus also said “If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. " People who turn away from Christ's Word to follow pagan philosophy, to reject His command not to judge others, etc., are not His disciples.
Jesus also said "By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples." Blessing an enemy of the saints with a fruitful Christian life would portray Jesus as an enemy of His saints. If you want to have a successful Christian life, you won't find it by slandering God's saints.

Now, Joe, we went over this on another thread.

Jesus said that love of the brethren is the proof of discipleship. As a disciple, I try to help God's people wherever I can. As a disciple, I do not launch unprovoked attacks on the saints, do not post false accusations, and do not use slander as a weapon.
Jesus also said “If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. " People who turn away from Christ's Word to follow pagan philosophy, to reject His command not to judge others, etc., are not His disciples.
Jesus also said "By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples." Blessing an enemy of the saints with a fruitful Christian life would portray Jesus as an enemy of His saints. If you want to have a successful Christian life, you won't find it by slandering God's saints.
I find it hard to consider you a saint, especially when you have posted some pretty unsavory things about many preachers of the years. I'm not saying that these men are/were perfect examples of what a preacher should be (Hyles, Vineyard, Brown, etc.), but neither were Simon Peter, King David, and other men of old whom God used. I also see you didn't address the issue of possibly starting another thread concerning your Mexico exploits, and anything else you use to hijack threads...which you often do. UGH...you truly are pathetic, bendajo!

Now joe; Jesus combined love of the brethren, faithfulness to His Word, and bearing fruit. If you are going to continue to post false accusations, and continue to urge God's people to reject Scripture, you're not going to bear fruit.
How strongly are you willing to have a wasted, fruitless spiritual life, in order to keep rejecting discipleship?