David Hyles being sued

David Cloud weighs in on the Dave Hyles lawsuits - 3 articles for the price of one, if you click on this link:

20201218 (wayoflife.org)

The first article, "Two Lawsuits Filed Against Dave Hyles," is a summary of all Dave's sex scandals from the 1970s until now. The second article, "Soul Winning at First Baptist Under Dave Hyles," describes how Dave built up the conversion statistics at FBC-Hammond with questionable methodology. The third article, "The Hyles Effect: A Spreading Blight," is a review of Cloud's book, warning against the Hyles heresies.

David Cloud weighs in on the Dave Hyles lawsuits - 3 articles for the price of one, if you click on this link:

20201218 (wayoflife.org)

The first article, "Two Lawsuits Filed Against Dave Hyles," is a summary of all Dave's sex scandals from the 1970s until now. The second article, "Soul Winning at First Baptist Under Dave Hyles," describes how Dave built up the conversion statistics at FBC-Hammond with questionable methodology. The third article, "The Hyles Effect: A Spreading Blight," is a review of Cloud's book, warning against the Hyles heresies.
David Cloud is right and he’s been right for a long time! I remember all of that going on during my imprisonment there. I drank water, not Kool-Aid.

Decades ago, Jack Hyles claimed from the pulpit that he had urged his son Dave to become a bus captain after Dave had fallen into sin.
Assuming the story is true, there is a problem: Jack believed that after going into grievous sin, Dave had fallen down to the level of a bus captain. No.

While Dave was getting sex, being well-paid, failing his courses at HAC, getting enough sleep, and eating decent meals, the HAC bus captains were making sacrifices Dave never made.

Dave hadn't fallen to the level of bus captain--he had never attained that level.

Decades ago, Jack Hyles claimed from the pulpit that he had urged his son Dave to become a bus captain after Dave had fallen into sin.
Assuming the story is true, there is a problem: Jack believed that after going into grievous sin, Dave had fallen down to the level of a bus captain. No.

While Dave was getting sex, being well-paid, failing his courses at HAC, getting enough sleep, and eating decent meals, the HAC bus captains were making sacrifices Dave never made.

Dave hadn't fallen to the level of bus captain--he had never attained that level.
Do you have the audio file for this?

"Do you have the audio file for this?"

No, Wesley, I don't Someone made the claim, was challenged, and then he posted the audio file. I listened to it, and Jack really said it. I question whether it really happened, though.

"Do you have the audio file for this?"

No, Wesley, I don't Someone made the claim, was challenged, and then he posted the audio file. I listened to it, and Jack really said it. I question whether it really happened, though.
Vince, no matter where I've seen you post, you seem to be dwelling on the past. Maybe you should move on with your life. You're starting to sound like a broken record and someone who can't get his own life straight.

"Vince, no matter where I've seen you post, you seem to be dwelling on the past. Maybe you should move on with your life. You're starting to sound like a broken record and someone who can't get his own life straight."
Sorry, Joe, but I'm happily married, retired in a tropical paradise, have excellent health, and run a successful church van route. Don't blame me; it's the blessing of God.

"Vince, no matter where I've seen you post, you seem to be dwelling on the past. Maybe you should move on with your life. You're starting to sound like a broken record and someone who can't get his own life straight."
Sorry, Joe, but I'm happily married, retired in a tropical paradise, have excellent health, and run a successful church van route. Don't blame me; it's the blessing of God.
Nevertheless, you seem to be CONSTANTLY on the negative....shameful. I never have seen you post anything positive in all the years I've seen you posting.

"Nevertheless, you seem to be CONSTANTLY on the negative....shameful. I never have seen you post anything positive in all the years I've seen you posting."

Sorry, Joe, but I have posted a lot about Windows 11, dealing with coronavirus, how to find a good church, retiring to Mexico, and other subjects.

"Nevertheless, you seem to be CONSTANTLY on the negative....shameful. I never have seen you post anything positive in all the years I've seen you posting."

Sorry, Joe, but I have posted a lot about Windows 11, dealing with coronavirus, how to find a good church, retiring to Mexico, and other subjects.
I must have passed over those somehow....Even on other forums/venues other then Fundamental Forums, I've only seen you post negative things. Sad...really sad.

I do agree you tend to dwell on the past, but I would love to hear about living and retiring in Mexico.
I'm also glad your serving the Lord in retirement.

What is the average day in Mexico like.
Do you pay taxes on your pension / SS in Mexico? US?
How is the cost of living?
How did you end up in the church your in, Why did you leave the Baptist brand
Start a new thread if you prefer.

Sword, the cost of living here in the Gringo Zone is so far below the US that it is a joke. The medical care is actually better, as well as much cheaper. Most houses have neither heating nor air conditioning (We have a few fans and space heaters). I pay no taxes to the US or Mexico, but there is a 16% sales tax already factored into prices, and prices are still lower than in the US.
The streets are safe--I walk my dog at nights, and there are children playing and women walking on the sidewalks, and nobody attacks anyone.
A small group of people seized the successful Baptist church we were attending, and the congregation couldn't oust them. I am still an IFB, however.
Remember that I am only describing the Gringo Zone, which is around Lake Chapala.

Sword, the cost of living here in the Gringo Zone is so far below the US that it is a joke. The medical care is actually better, as well as much cheaper. Most houses have neither heating nor air conditioning (We have a few fans and space heaters). I pay no taxes to the US or Mexico, but there is a 16% sales tax already factored into prices, and prices are still lower than in the US.
The streets are safe--I walk my dog at nights, and there are children playing and women walking on the sidewalks, and nobody attacks anyone.
A small group of people seized the successful Baptist church we were attending, and the congregation couldn't oust them. I am still an IFB, however.
Remember that I am only describing the Gringo Zone, which is around Lake Chapala.
That's very interesting. What kind of internet service do you have? What are the upload/download speeds and the monthly cost?

That's very interesting. What kind of internet service do you have? What are the upload/download speeds and the monthly cost?
Twisted, our total phone and internet bill is about $17.50/month US. The internet works very well, although that is not true in all parts of Mexico.
All of the major services, banks, stores, etc., have people who speak English, because so many Americans and Canadians have retired here.

Twisted, our total phone and internet bill is about $17.50/month US. The internet works very well, although that is not true in all parts of Mexico.
All of the major services, banks, stores, etc., have people who speak English, because so many Americans and Canadians have retired here.
What kind of internet service is it? Cable? DSL?