David Hyles being sued

Mexico has three different national healthcare systems. My wife and I (both in our sixties) pay about $1200 US per year for health insurance or both of us. There is no deductible, and it includes medicine and free regular check-ups.

I had surgery for a broken arm and for a hernia, and the doctors are highly competent and did well. There is, however, a long waiting period.
I ate spaghetti twice this week.

Vinnie...why don't you start your own "Mexico thread," bendajo!
Vince earned the ability not to start new threads years ago. He likes doing it a little too much.

I'd be happy to start one for him, though. What could we call it? "The Monotonous Thread of Vince's Old-Man Stories"?

Vince earned the ability not to start new threads years ago. He likes doing it a little too much.

I'd be happy to start one for him, though. What could we call it? "The Monotonous Thread of Vince's Old-Man Stories"?
That would be a great title! :)

Hokey Smokes, Folks, three months after I mailed my stimulus check to my US bank, it cleared!

Mexico has a modern, computerized banking system, with all deposits federally insured. They have checking accounts, credit cards (which charge fees), free debit cards, and direct deposit. My Social Security check is directly deposited into my bank account here with no problems. Yes, you can use US credit cards
I advise everyone who moves here to keep their US checking accounts. Some places have trouble with checks from new accounts, especially if you're paying a US bill. And some pensions have a problem making direct deposits outside the US.

We occasionally get hurricanes--sort of.
Mexico is dominated by mountains running north/south, so when hurricanes arrive, they are forced higher up into cooler air, where they lose strength.
Because the Gringo Zone is in a bowl in the mountains, we watch the swirling clouds high overhead. We do get rain and some breezes, though.

We occasionally get hurricanes--sort of.
Mexico is dominated by mountains running north/south, so when hurricanes arrive, they are forced higher up into cooler air, where they lose strength.
Because the Gringo Zone is in a bowl in the mountains, we watch the swirling clouds high overhead. We do get rain and some breezes, though.
So???

It is illegal to make a left turn in Mexico.
What?
It doesn't matter what happened, if there is an accident, the driver making a left turn is to blame. Period. And Mexico has fewer accidents, which are less severe than in the US. Why?
Because when people make a left turn, they are VERY careful that everything is all right.

k
It is illegal to make a left turn in Mexico.
What?
It doesn't matter what happened, if there is an accident, the driver making a left turn is to blame. Period. And Mexico has fewer accidents, which are less severe than in the US. Why?
Because when people make a left turn, they are VERY careful that everything is all right.
Phhhhhhhtttttt!

Joe, I doubt this will do you any good, but I'll give it a try:

When I taught Christian school, we would have an occasional student who excelled at being a fighting liar. With 100% back-up from the parents, the student achieved status, admiration, respect, etc., from other students for his success as a liar. Seeing how successful the student was, we would sometimes have another student decide to become a liar in order to achieve the same status (which is very important to teen-agers.)

The student didn't really want to be a liar--it was the status the student wanted. I explained this more than once at faculty discussions, and strongly believed that we should simply tell this to the parents in front of the student. Leadership agreed with me, but feared the revenge of the parents.
One day, a student who was knew at it tried it, and the parents went directly to me, so I decided to give it a shot...

Joe, I doubt this will do you any good, but I'll give it a try:

When I taught Christian school, we would have an occasional student who excelled at being a fighting liar. With 100% back-up from the parents, the student achieved status, admiration, respect, etc., from other students for his success as a liar. Seeing how successful the student was, we would sometimes have another student decide to become a liar in order to achieve the same status (which is very important to teen-agers.)

The student didn't really want to be a liar--it was the status the student wanted. I explained this more than once at faculty discussions, and strongly believed that we should simply tell this to the parents in front of the student. Leadership agreed with me, but feared the revenge of the parents.
One day, a student who was knew at it tried it, and the parents went directly to me, so I decided to give it a shot...
Again a veiled attempt at calling me a liar. Listen, Vinney, if you are going to insinuate I'm a liar, at least have balls enough to come out and state it...Of course, you won't, because you're a pathetic, sniveling coward and liar...you remind me of Ace Ventura..."I know you are, but what am I..." Pathetic. Get saved before it's too late, Vinney...Oh, and your village called. They'd like their idiot to come back home!

Vince, since you didn't take a subtle hint, let me try a less subtle one.

Stop posting off-topic anecdotes to this thread. Or any other thread. Starting now.

Again a veiled attempt at calling me a liar. Listen, Vinney, if you are going to insinuate I'm a liar, at least have balls enough to come out and state it...Of course, you won't, because you're a pathetic, sniveling coward and liar...you remind me of Ace Ventura..."I know you are, but what am I..." Pathetic. Get saved before it's too late, Vinney...Oh, and your village called. They'd like their idiot to come back home!
Alright now Joe....this is unforgivable....if you are going to use that quote you need to attribute it to the proper source ...
i-know-youare-what-am-i.gif

Alright now Joe....this is unforgivable....if you are going to use that quote you need to attribute it to the proper source ...
i-know-youare-what-am-i.gif
Didin't Ace Ventura also use that line???

The students who successfully lied their way out of trouble really did gain status and admiration for their sins. This led to new students wanting to become liars so that they could achieve status.
Unfortunately, everybody, including their admirers, knew these students were liars. They told their parents, who told other parents. The teachers told other teachers, and the teachers sometime had to explain it to the school board. People were afraid to say it publicly, but they weren't afraid to say it privately. Joe, you do not really gain status by being a liar--publicly, Yes, but in reality, No.

Really Vinney? False accusations against me??? As I told you before, your village is wanting its idiot back. Maybe it's time you go home. You seem to be becoming more like Hyles and Vineyard every day. Shameful. You truly need to check out your salvation. Hell has a special place in reserve for people like you.

Not that I can remember but there are a couple that you may want to use:
giphy.gif
5286570c-f616-4965-8927-38de5a663c98_text.gif

Or you can wait and post them in Twisted's threads.
PeeWee would fit Vinney better anyhow! :)

Joe, do you really think that you are a man of importance because Ransom is backing you up? Ransom, who is more evil than I was before I got saved?

Cruising through the Covid 19 thread, Ransom might look like an important man, insulting, scorning, and accusing writers. Do you think they respect him? Do you think that I'm the only one who knows that he's describing himself?

You have said a few times that "everybody" is on your side. Everybody, Joe? Including the people you're slandered on the Covid 19 thread? Including the people whom Ransom has driven off this forum, reducing it from a large forum to an insignificant one (He did have help from other scorners, though).
Joe, do you really believe that the status you achieve by sin is as valuable as you think it is?