Died January 27, 2013

2002 graduate of Hyles Anderson College
Was that Dave Carpenter's D.I.L.?

earnestly contend

Correct. Kerry's wife.
I think you mean Keith, the youngest.

Kerry was born in '71

earnestly contend

You're right. Got the two mixed up. Thanks. :)

Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
sword said:
Jennifer Louise Carpenter

Born 1982
Died January 27, 2013

earnestly contend

Correct. Kerry's wife.

Kerry was born in '71

earnestly contend

Keith reffed some games while my kids were in school.
Seemed real solid, reminded me of his Dad.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
sword said:
Jennifer Louise Carpenter

Born 1982
Died January 27, 2013

earnestly contend

Correct. Kerry's wife.

Kerry was born in '71

earnestly contend

Keith reffed some games while my kids were in school.
Seemed real solid, reminded me of his Dad.

earnestly contend

Yeah, I hung out with Kevin. Kerry was in my brother's class which was 5 years behind me (I think 2 or 3 behind Kevin). Keith was just a kid the last I remember him, so I don't know much about him.

Marcy Leggett

Born September 14, 1959
Died July 29, 2015
1597401317462.png

Last edited:
sword said:
JOHN OLSEN (91)

Born March 4, 1921
Died June 5, 2012,

He worked at Hyles-Anderson College as its Host.

Are you kidding?  John Olsen WAS Hyles-Anderson College!  He was the consummate campus host, and very loyal.  Drove me to and picked me up from the airport on more than one occasion.

sword said:
Pastor Denny Kenaston (retired)
Charity Christian Fellowship , Lancaster County, PA

Born April 27, 1949
Died July 4, 2012,

Graduated with honors from Hyles Anderson College

Well, Denny was captain of 70-B when I was captain of 70-A.  Denny was appointed bus director of the B-Sunday School division and later took over the entire bus ministry.  He was a follower of Peter Ruckman, and after preaching in chapel that he had finally risen above sin, was summarily dismissed.  He moved to Pennsylvania and became Amish, or some such thing.  He grew a long beard.  He and his wife produced a large number of offspring.  He was a good man, but as I said, he got confused on the sin issue.

Route_70 said:
sword said:
JOHN OLSEN (91)

Born March 4, 1921
Died June 5, 2012,

He worked at Hyles-Anderson College as its Host.

Are you kidding?  John Olsen WAS Hyles-Anderson College!  He was the consummate campus host, and very loyal.  Drove me to and picked me up from the airport on more than one occasion.

He was also the first security guard back in the days when all they had was a baseball bat and a Tee shirt.

Lisa (Harris) Wiesehan

Born July 26, 1967
Died June 22, 2009

She held a bachelor's degree in elementary education from Hyles-Anderson (1995)

She is remembered for her volunteer work.

Last edited:
EUGENE MILLER

Born January 12, 1951
Died May 19, 2012.

Hyles-Anderson graduate and member of FBCH

KATHY (BURTON) LERCH

Born March 27, 1961
Died June 21, 2008

She earned a teaching degree from Hyles Anderson Baptist College.

sword said:
KATHY (BURTON) LERCH

Born March 27, 1961
Died June 21, 2008

Kathy served along side Tom Brennan and myself, as well as another poster or 2 here.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
sword said:
KATHY (BURTON) LERCH

Born March 27, 1961
Died June 21, 2008

Kathy served along side Tom Brennan and myself, as well as another poster or 2 here.
earnestly contend
When you get a chance please share some of you memories of her. Same with you Tom and others.

Some of the people listed here were very caring & giving people. Would love to hear more personal stories about them. Kinda keep their memories alive in a digital way.

sword said:
prophet said:
sword said:
KATHY (BURTON) LERCH

Born March 27, 1961
Died June 21, 2008

earnestly contend
When you get a chance please share some of you memories of her. Same with you Tom and others.

Some of the people listed here were very caring & giving people. Would love to hear more personal stories about them. Kinda keep their memories alive in a digital way.

I don't remember her from college but rather from the forum. She was so much fun to interact with. A couple months before she passed away, she somehow got a hold of my phone number and called me to chat about the forum. We talked for about 10 minutes or so. Even though that was the only time I remember speaking to her, she left a positive impression with me and I could tell by her laugh she just loved life. I can't believe it has been that long ago since her passing.

A lot of them are in the 30s, 40s and 50s who have died. It seems today like a lot of people are dying young.

prophet said:
sword said:
KATHY (BURTON) LERCH

Born March 27, 1961
Died June 21, 2008

earnestly contend

Name is synonymous  with "TRUE FRIEND."

I was blessed to talk with Kathy often. I have a yellow umbrella on my facebook page in honor of her. She worked security when my husband was there. She was always a great encourager. I miss her so much.

sword said:
Pastor Ron "R.K" Young

Born December 29, 1946
Died December 20, 2014

He pastored churches in Chillicothe, OH, Etowah, TN & Shreveport, Louisiana.

He graduated from Hyles Anderson College in the late 80's

I became acquainted with R. K. in the late 1970's. He was a young family man that also attended TBC of Powell, TN.

I recall that he often traveled for business. I can still remember him speeding around in his maroon Nissan 280ZX.  He used to give me his cassette tapes of Hyles preaching after he had listened to them on the road.

I began attending HAC 1981 and R.K. and his family arrived about three years later. We worked security together in Chicago. He was a groomsman in our wedding.

One funny story that I recall my Dad telling that included R. K. was when Hyles came to our church the first time to preach. Apparently, Hyles was in a highly animated preaching fervor when he began throwing the microphones and knocking over their stands. He proceeded to give the pulpit a good flogging and yanked it around too.

Well, the second year Hyles came back they were ready. They removed the extra microphones and stands from the platform. They also had a little surprise for Hyles when he attempted to manhandle the pulpit by jerking it around and knocking it out of it's place during his sermon delivery. They filled the pulpit with blocks and bricks.

R. K. and my Dad would laugh as they recalled how Hyles grabbed the pulpit that second year and it would not budge.  It was said that Hyles got a little wide-eyed when he paused to open the door and look inside the pulpit before he continued his sermon.

sword said:
KATHY (BURTON) LERCH

Born March 27, 1961
Died June 21, 2008

Knew her at school as Kathy and on the Forum did not know she was Just Mama until after we lost her. always enjoyed her laugh and humor regardless of which name. I remember the last hay ride of an activity night, she bellowed out, "IT IS FINISHED!!!!!"

sword said:
KATHY (BURTON) LERCH

Born March 27, 1961
Died June 21, 2008

A real life friend of mine from my HAC years.  We reconnected on the former FFF and talked regularly via phone.

Oh, how I still miss her!!!

I have upgraded several phones since then, but refuse to take her number out.

Everyone loved her.

Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
prophet said:
sword said:
KATHY (BURTON) LERCH

Born March 27, 1961
Died June 21, 2008

earnestly contend

I don't remember her from college but rather from the forum. She was so much fun to interact with. A couple months before she passed away, she somehow got a hold of my phone number and called me to chat about the forum. We talked for about 10 minutes or so. Even though that was the only time I remember speaking to her, she left a positive impression with me and I could tell by her laugh she just loved life. I can't believe it has been that long ago since her passing.

Her laugh was infectious.
BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!