Deaths Of HAC Students

Kathy Burton knew my husband in college she worked on security and we would talk and joke with each other... Several years ago before her death we talked once a week and we would laugh and cry. She was the best!! I miss her ...........

Carolyn Sellers Dowd worked with me on Bucket & Bows, when my future husband ask me to go to  the Valentine Banquet she fixed my hair which was beautiful. She helped me so much and she was so smart.........I miss her!!

Steve Farnham worked with my husband and for the holidays we would always have people come over the house to eat. He was always funny and joking with everyone.

Bill Jones had alot of influence on our lives he was Mr Health....we worked on his bus route. He lived in the same apartment building so we always saw them. When he died I totally cried like a baby....

Steve MacCracken was a tall giant but a gentleman......I worked on his bus route while I was in college. He guarded us girls on the bus route and followed us to make sure we were safe. I still cry thinking about him.

These were the early years of college which I believe was the best years 1974-----1983

Dave Bronk, heart issues (I believe)

I did not know Rick Saucie had died,...

Who was the McCracken with the physical handicap? 

Was it Mark?  Is he Steve's brother? 

I believe it was Mark...........there were 3 brothers  Mark,Steve and ?

There was a man named Jeff Blakesly who was killed along with his daughter as he was taking her to a youth activity. They were struck by a train about 15 years ago. I went to hac with him.

Dr Helton when he was at the college was a ray of sunshine ..............he loved everyone. When he passed it was a sad day but heaven was to gain.....

I went ahead and added Bro. Max to the list.  I know he was a graduate of Tennessee Temple and has an hoary doctorate from HAC, I do not think he was ever a student, but deserves to be remembered. He was one of they guys that was not a perfect fit at/for HAC, but was a tremendous Christian and had a better ministerial view than most leaders there.

qwerty, well stated Bro Helton had the heart of the students...he loved us and we knew it.

Iva Bartley has left us here on earth.  I can only imagine the fun that she is having in heaven right now.

qwerty said:
Iva Bartley has left us here on earth.  I can only imagine the fun that she is having in heaven right now.

My sister had told me she was very ill and soon to pass.  I am sorry for her family, yet so glad she no longer suffers.  Thanks for letting us know. 

Iva was known by everyone.... her smile and humor lit up a boring room... my sympathy goes to her family

Qwerty, would you post the obit its not in the paper yet..I couldn't find it...thank you

Sherryh said:
Qwerty, would you post the obit its not in the paper yet..I couldn't find it...thank you

The viewing is currently scheduled for next Tuesday 4-7, the funeral service is Wednesday morning 9:30, both at Bible Baptist Church, 8720 Orchard Dr, Highland, IN 46322

Thank you I did not they had left fbc...

Michael (Mike) Larsen just passed away. Heart attack, 30 years old. His father was Steve Larsen I believe.

I do not know Iva personally but everyone "knew" Iva. Yes, they left FBC somewhere in the last year. Do you know that someone from FBC told Iva that the reason she was sick / dying was because she left FBC? Iva wouldn't say who said that to her, but just relayed the appallingly ridiculously insensitive remark to a close friend, who relayed it to us. Honestly, what can you even say...there are no words. To think she had to hear that. I just pray that the heavenly perspective she was gaining put these earthly idiocies into their rightful place in her mind. Which is, nowhere.

myeyesareopen said:

I do not know Iva personally but everyone "knew" Iva. Yes, they left FBC somewhere in the last year. Do you know that someone from FBC told Iva that the reason she was sick / dying was because she left FBC? Iva wouldn't say who said that to her, but just relayed the appallingly ridiculously insensitive remark to a close friend, who relayed it to us. Honestly, what can you even say...there are no words. To think she had to hear that. I just pray that the heavenly perspective she was gaining put these earthly idiocies into their rightful place in her mind. Which is, nowhere.

That is so sad that there are some idiotic Christians who would say that to someone who is suffering and dying. I am glad I am out of the IFBx world.